PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats to sign Michael Hoomanawanui?(Merganawanui)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary Paoletti of CSSNE now claims it is Winslow getting a physical and about to replace Shiancoe. Either her sources are off or Hoomanawanui flunked his. He did tear his ACL last November.

This thread is nothing without pictures
Of Mary, I mean...

think its about time we had TE thread. maybe BB is trying to get all the teams to change to TE's so they release some good wr's for us to pick up

Too bad he wasn't here during the preseason. Would have loved to see how Don Criqui and Randy Cross would have butchered his name.

"That's the new TE signed from the rams.... jeremy Ebert from northwestern." Lol. Everyone's jeremy Ebert.

Mary Paoletti of CSSNE now claims it is Winslow getting a physical and about to replace Shiancoe. Either her sources are off or Hoomanawanui flunked his. He did tear his ACL last November.

All reports from Seattle say Winslow's knees are like scrambled eggs and thats why they released him after Kevin refused to take a pay cut.....I would be surprised if his knees passed the physical

Last edited:
I can't believe we're gonna waste the new IR thing on f--kin Shiancoe.

Mike Reiss‏@MikeReiss

Agent confirms. RT: @RickSmith1956: Congrats to @Hooman86 Michael Hoomanawanui for signing onto to the @Patriots 53 Man Roster

If the New England Patriots sign tight end Michael Whose-your-mama, which player currently on the roster gets cut?

Thanks to @JThom1, we know Hoomanawanui is pronounced "Oh-oh-mah-NAH-wah-NEW-ee

learn it, and probably forget it

Who is out?
Release Shiancoe?
Marcus Forston? Would they really carry five TE's?

Mary learned a hard lesson about breaking stories. As Bedard tweeted, Winslow just starting his workout and physical is generally part of the process. He's just a fact finding mission for the old rolodex.

Will be interesting to see if they use the in season IR option on Shiancoe or he's done. Done adds half a mil to the dead cap. Loss of IR exemption could cost a lot more if someone actually crucial to the season were to go down in week 4 or 6...

If the New England Patriots sign tight end Michael Whose-your-mama, which player currently on the roster gets cut?

Brady. BB's going with the 6 TE offense.

...for those counting, that's eight TE's on payroll right now.
Can you name them all?

Who is out?
Release Shiancoe?
Marcus Forston? Would they really carry five TE's?

Maybe for a week or two. It really depends on what they think of Shiancoe and where his injury situation is at.

Loss of IR exemption could cost a lot more if someone actually crucial to the season were to go down in week 4 or 6...

Is that how it works...damn. Why didn't they write the rule so that if a guy the team deems is more worthy of the IR exemption goes down, you can move the current IR exempt player to season-ending IR.

So this guy has to be on board for three weeks since he was signed off someone's practice squad. I'm predicting Lex Hilliard gets cut, Shiancoe gets IR'd. Sounds like this new guy can also play fullback.

...for those counting, that's eight TE's on payroll right now.
Can you name them all?
Gronkowski
Hernandez
Fells
Shiancoe
Hoomanawanui
Ballard
Silvestro
??????

I count seven by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.