PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats to sign Michael Hoomanawanui?(Merganawanui)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the people who make the uniforms are thrilled. :p

I still don't understand the love for players who played on other teams whose teams were the worst in football most of the past few years and those players we sign couldn't even make those bad team rosters.

If you can't make the Rams team,can you really be worthwhile?
You hate Brandon Lloyd ?
You hated Brian Waters ?

We've picked up tons of leftovers over the years. Hoomanawanui is just a guy but the concept that you can't get good players from bad teams is foolish.

I still don't understand the love for players who played on other teams whose teams were the worst in football most of the past few years and those players we sign couldn't even make those bad team rosters.

Not that I think this guy is going to do anything (or even stick), but maybe the reason those teams don't have great teams is they're not very good at evaluating which players to keep.

Too bad he wasn't here during the preseason. Would have loved to see how Don Criqui and Randy Cross would have butchered his name.

If he's still here next pre-season watch them pronounce it perfectly while continuing to struggle with names like Marquis

If he's still here next pre-season watch them pronounce it perfectly while continuing to struggle with names like Marquis

You mean Mar-kwiss isn't correct? :eek:

I have no idea how those guys keep their jobs. :confused:

You hate Brandon Lloyd ?
You hated Brian Waters ?

We've picked up tons of leftovers over the years. Hoomanawanui is just a guy but the concept that you can't get good players from bad teams is foolish.

Lloyd was a different story....it was about money and Fisher decided to pass,if they wanted to retain Lloyd they could have by throwing out boatloads of cash to him but decided to spend the money elsewhere..Lloyd wanted to come to NE so that's a big reason,if Josh remained on Fisher's staff
Lloyd probably would still be there.

As far as Waters goes,he was on a Chiefs team who is more talented than the Rams..goes without saying.

In regards to Lloyd,I am not so sure he is going to be what we hope he will be.....I don't see indications that say anything about how he might play here....with all the WRs come and gone over the years I don't see how you can come to a conclusion that he will be a force without any major sign yet.

Too bad he wasn't here during the preseason. Would have loved to see how Don Criqui and Randy Cross would have butchered his name.

I think Criqui said his name perfectly during the preseason. He was trying to say Michael Rivera but he butchered it so badly it came out Michael Hoomanawanui:p

Lloyd was a different story....it was about money and Fisher decided to pass,if they wanted to retain Lloyd they could have by throwing out boatloads of cash to him
Llloyd was a little different but less than a year ago the Broncos dumped him for virtually nothing.

Bottom line, players can be acquired for far less than their worth because teams make mistakes.

Guys like Welker and Vrabel weren't "cut" but we got them dirt cheap (Vrabel as a FA with little interest) because their teams made evaluation mistakes. It happens, especially with bad teams.

Last edited:
Since the Pats worked out Winslow but didn't sign him, you gotta think he either wants too much money, or he really does have nothing left.

Re: TE Michael Hoomanawanui maybe signed today (Reiss Tweet)

BB hates the fan base
After we spent a long difficult season learning how to spell and pronounce Ihedigbo he cuts him and signs this guy :mad:

You havent seen anything yet.

Word out is that Bill has called up T.J. Houshmandzadeh in for a workout.

Not only does Bill want the best team in the NFL,he wants to be the leader among letters of names as well.

Re: TE Michael Hoomanawanui maybe signed today (Reiss Tweet)

Hopefully Winslow replaces him soon. This guy isn't really any good.

It's all about familiarity with the system. Just like in the olden days when Bill added scrap heap guys who had experience in Cleveland or NY to his defenses here. None of them has played with a QB on Brady's level within it, and it remains to be seen if they can play within it as well as they will have to under those circumstances. But by and large it still beats the alternative, which is signing someone else who may be more talented but totally incapable of grasping the nuances of this system or playing within it's discipline. Especially this late in the game.

That said, Josh did trade up to draft Tebow...:ugh: And FWIW in the process traded us pick #113 which we used on a TE.

Since the Pats worked out Winslow but didn't sign him, you gotta think he either wants too much money, or he really does have nothing left.

Or it's a combination of that plus he's really such a turd he sucks all the life out of meeting rooms.

Ninkovich is another who was cut and we picked up as a very useful player.

Or it's a combination of that plus he's really such a turd he sucks all the life out of meeting rooms.

That's a distinct possibility, especially considering that Greg Schiano was advising BB against acquiring him when TB was looking to trade him.

The youth movement continues

Llloyd was a little different but less than a year ago the Broncos dumped him for virtually nothing.

Bottom line, players can be acquired for far less than their worth because teams make mistakes.

Guys like Welker and Vrabel weren't "cut" but we got them dirt cheap (Vrabel as a FA with little interest) because their teams made evaluation mistakes. It happens, especially with bad teams.

It's often also system fit issues. Miami didn't value a slot guy, they wanted to be vertical even though they lacked the QB to and continue to to this day. In Vrabel Bill saw lots of smarts and drive and bits and pieces to be cobbled together and expanded upon. Like Bruschi. The Steelers were looking for the cookie cutter system fit.

Sounds like he tore his ACL last November per rotoworld.

You mean like calling Matt Light...Todd Light.:D

Winslow didn't show up for OTAs in Tampa this offseason because (he said) the new coaches were putting in too many conduct rules and it just wouldn't be fun anymore.

If an attitude like that doesn't fail the "football is important to me" test in the interview process with BB, I don't know what would. Never mind the "my knees are shot" test.

Mary Paoletti of CSSNE now claims it is Winslow getting a physical and about to replace Shiancoe. Either her sources are off or Hoomanawanui flunked his. He did tear his ACL last November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes