PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats NEED to start O'Connell next week...Cassel just cant cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Connell was inactive wasn't he?

Moss missed 3 passes he should have caught. The first two he missed changed the course of the game. But let's all blame Cassel.....:rolleyes:

Did you watched the game or a complete idiot when it comes to football???

Mmmmm...can you say "underthrown"? Moss had to slow down on all those passes...something he never had to do with Brady

Last edited:
Buddy your the minority. Only one who feels this way give it up! your wrong. go back to your i hate randy club with MO and let us intelligent posters talk about the real problems

I don't hate Randy Moss and, at least to this point, you aren't an intelligent poster.

Ok. I have never ONCE said to sit Cassell but down 27-3 what is the harm in giving O'Connel 4th quarter reps? I dont get it maybe the kid shows something. Cassell really is suffering in there anyone can see that. With all the weapons he has at his disposal to put up a mere 3 points will never cut it. This is disgraceful no one is standing out as having a good game. I want to see some different guys getting some looks. This games extremely hard to watch.

iam actually okay BB didnt pull out cassel.he even took a timeout with 1 sec to play to give the offense and opportunity to get it right and score a TD . basicially he was punishing the offense for sucking so bad to clean up their own poop and i dont have a problem with it.

I don't hate Randy Moss and, at least to this point, you aren't an intelligent poster.

Yes im the unintelligent poster. look at the response your getting here from not only myself but everyone. Grow a brain son. for the 20th time its not a recievers fault if a ball is underthrown and knocked away by the defender. Even if its not knocked away if its 10 feet behind him its tough to make a play you fool.

Yes im the unintelligent poster. look at the response your getting here from not only myself but everyone. Grow a brain son. for the 20th time its not a recievers fault if a ball is underthrown and knocked away by the defender. Even if its not knocked away if its 10 feet behind him its tough to make a play you fool.

The same people crying here were also sure that Cassel was going to get cut in training camp. Why should I worry what you (and they) are saying when you either can't, or won't, break down the game and the play of the team and the individual players with anything approaching objectivity?

As for you, you seem to think that receivers should never have to make a catch if they need to adjust their route due to a throw. That's not intelligent, sorry.

Last edited:
Just a quick take from someone who might give an unbiased view on your QB situation. You guys may want to be careful what you wish for with O'Connell. I watched him nearly every game at State and can tell you that you may not be getting a whole lot more than Cassel. I know you wont agree, but I thought Cassel was ok tonight, made some smart decisions, but skills are still lacking and made his share of poor throws. With O'Connell, it's kind of the reverse. He's got really good skills, but makes some very bad decisions at times.

You guys had your Ferrari totalled in week 1 and now your pissed about driving your Ford Taurus rental car. Cassel will never be Brady this year or anytime real soon. Either will O'Connell. Let's face it, you've been spoiled for a long time and now you're dealing with what it means to have an average (or possibly slightly above average) QB. My point is this.... if you think O'Connell will be a savior, I think you're kidding yourself. My two cents...

The same people crying here were also sure that Cassel was going to get cut in training camp. Why should I worry what you (and they) are saying when you either can't, or won't, break down the game and the play of the team and the individual players with anything approaching objectivity?

As for you, you seem to think that receivers should never have to make a catch if they need to adjust their route due to a throw. That's not intelligent, sorry.

Dude, you are wrong. NONE of those were Moss's fault. Cassel has the best reciver in the league, and he cant hit him one time, when ALL of them should have been huge plays.

Just a quick take from someone who might give an unbiased view on your QB situation. You guys may want to be careful what you wish for with O'Connell. I watched him nearly every game at State and can tell you that you may not be getting a whole lot more than Cassel. I know you wont agree, but I thought Cassel was ok tonight, made some smart decisions, but skills are still lacking and made his share of poor throws. With O'Connell, it's kind of the reverse. He's got really good skills, but makes some very bad decisions at times.

You guys had your Ferrari totalled in week 1 and now your pissed about driving your Ford Taurus rental car. Cassel will never be Brady this year or anytime real soon. Either will O'Connell. Let's face it, you've been spoiled for a long time and now you're dealing with what it means to have an average (or possibly slightly above average) QB. My point is this.... if you think O'Connell will be a savior, I think you're kidding yourself. My two cents...

Sad when a Bolthead makes FAR more sense than many 'alleged' Pats fans.

As to O'C, the highlighted area indicates the most likely reason that he's not playing. Needs more time to develop and learn. NFW does BB want someone out there runing around diging a deeper hole for the team.

Dude, you are wrong. NONE of those were Moss's fault. Cassel has the best reciver in the league, and he cant hit him one time, when ALL of them should have been huge plays.

You should have watched the game.

Please show me once where i said that. Please. Im saying its not his fault its not expected of a reciever to make that everytime if he does,,, bonus. but when a defender physically touches the ball and deflects it after the ball was underthrown and the reciever loses position on the play that he had if the ball was correctly thrown cannot possibly be put on the recievers sholders.

For the record i have not once blamed a single individual player for this loss or anything that has gone wrong this season. I am not blaming Cassel i havent even suggested benching him im saying that the blame for those specific plays are not on Randy that is it.

Please show me once where i said that. Please. Im saying its not his fault its not expected of a reciever to make that everytime if he does,,, bonus. but when a defender physically touches the ball and deflects it after the ball was underthrown and the reciever loses position on the play that he had if the ball was correctly thrown cannot possibly be put on the recievers sholders.

HE HAD THE CATCH!!! the ball was underthrown!!!! the defender made a nice play and stuck his hand in and got a piece of the ball! you guys are unbelievable togh to catch a ball on the sidlines after being batted away by the CB common u guys are better than this your looking for someone to blame moss isnt your guy no matter how good a reciever you are you need someone to throw the ball and give you a chance to make a catch that play it was underthrown and Jammer made a good play to get his hand in there

I'll tell you what I seem to be having to tell so many tonight. Go get the tape, rewind and watch the plays again. He is Randy Moss. There is no excuse for him not to come up with those receptions.

Sad when a Bolthead makes FAR more sense than many 'alleged' Pats fans.

As to O'C, the highlighted area indicates the most likely reason that he's not playing. Needs more time to develop and learn. NFW does BB want someone out there runing around diging a deeper hole for the team.

you can say 'alleged' pats fans all you want, but I've liked this team a long as time, and I've watched ALOT of football over the years, and I also have a brain and I know that anyone, ANYONE in the nfl 1rst or 2nd string could do a better job that Cassel.

Give O'Connel the ball. He may be a diamond in the rough. He was a starter for Sad Diego in College all four years, more than what we can say about Cassel for most of his career.

As one team source told us, "You know (the players) aren't crazy about Matt when the best they say about him is that he's 'enthusiastic.' No team wants a glorified cheerleader running their offense." -- Pro Football Weekly

I'll tell you what I seem to be having to tell so many tonight. Go get the tape, rewind and watch the plays again. He is Randy Moss. There is no excuse for him not to come up with those receptions.

Hey idiot...so basically you have very little regards to the secondary position?

That was just a plain great play by Quentin Jammer.

Let me break it down for you...Moss had a step on him...had to slow down just a little because the ball was underthrown...caught the ball...thought that he had the ball...Jammer stuck his hand and knock the ball out of Moss hand at that last second before Moss brings it in...Mmmmm that looked like a hell of a play by Jammer to me...

Last edited:
I agree about benching Cassel. The only problem is that based on tonight's pathetic performance I would also bench everybody on the team except for Merriweather, Mayo, and Welker.

Last edited:

Im not blaming the game on Cassel! im saying that individual play is on his sholders more so than moss

Im not blaming the game on Cassel! im saying that individual play is on his sholders more so than moss

And I'm saying that you need to watch the replay.

Either make a trade by Tuesday {perhaps if Garcia is still available}
Start O'Connel.
or
Duct tape a pogo stick to Tom's arse and let him play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back