PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats NEED to start O'Connell next week...Cassel just cant cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in that case if Cassel had thrown it properly and didnt force moss to slow his route and let the defender back in the play and he missed it i could understand your point but that one is soley on cassel in my books. The other one he had the catch it should have been ruled a fumble and patriots ball where it went outta bounds. the replay clearly showed he had control again u can fault him for a fumble but not dropping the ball...

Matt Cassel is a backup quarterback. Randy Moss is one of the 10 best wide receivers in the history of the game. It's expected that Cassel might underthrow Randy by a yard or two on a deep ball. It's not expected that Randy Moss would let Jammer beat him on the ball time and again. All three of the throws I'm talking about were on Moss, not Cassel.

$9M superstar WR's make those plays in big games...

HE HAD THE CATCH!!! the ball was underthrown!!!! the defender made a nice play and stuck his hand in and got a piece of the ball! you guys are unbelievable togh to catch a ball on the sidlines after being batted away by the CB common u guys are better than this your looking for someone to blame moss isnt your guy no matter how good a reciever you are you need someone to throw the ball and give you a chance to make a catch that play it was underthrown and Jammer made a good play to get his hand in there

With few exceptions, they ALL sucked. What's weird to me is that some of you dimwits are absolutely GIDDY over this loss because you think all your Cassel Sucks prognostications are finally backed up. Bizarr-o.

Matt Cassel is a backup quarterback. Randy Moss is one of the 10 best wide receivers in the history of the game. It's expected that Cassel might underthrow Randy by a yard or two on a deep ball. It's not expected that Randy Moss would let Jammer beat him on the ball time and again. All three of the throws I'm talking about were on Moss, not Cassel.

Your making excuses for Cassel. Tell me a reciever who makes a catch where the defender gets his hand on the ball and changes the direction on the sidelines. its a bang bang play you make it sound like hes wide open and it hit him in the face and bounced to the ground. its not an easy play to make Randy had the catch if the ball was properly thrown he was smart enough to slow his route and even get a chance to catch that ball

Enough with the Cassel love. Moss had balls he could have caught, the D had chances to get off the field....but let's not pretend Cassel wasn't a big part (if not the biggest) of this loss.

He can make all the throws, but he can't read the D fast enough to have a chance to make the throws. He doesn't move around in the pocket, and he quits his reads too quick and pulls it down to run.

The bottom line: 3 points against the worst pass D in the league!

Your making excuses for Cassel. Tell me a reciever who makes a catch where the defender gets his hand on the ball and changes the direction on the sidelines. its a bang bang play you make it sound like hes wide open and it hit him in the face and bounced to the ground. its not an easy play to make Randy had the catch if the ball was properly thrown he was smart enough to slow his route and even get a chance to catch that ball

I'm not making excuses. I don't need to. Moss was to blame on those passes. No excuse needed.

People please stop trying to find a scape goat. Randy Moss didnt lose this game. Matt Cassel didnt lose this game. Richard Seymour didnt lose this game. Deltha O'neil didnt lose this game. The New England Patriots lost this game. The TEAM not the INDIVIDUAL. Accept it and stop looking for excuses.

You don't watch much NFL football, do you...

Not to make any excuses for Moss becuase he didn't show up tonight very well...........however when Cassel tried to go to Moss he didn't under-throw him by a yard or two, he threw it late and short by 10yards.

I'm not making excuses. I don't need to. Moss was to blame on those passes. No excuse needed.

Unbelievable. You just dont understand i guess. I tried to explain. When a reciever runs his route and the ball is underthrown its not the recievers fault. I dont care if its a rookie QB he underthrew it. Randy Moss executed that play to perfection he even had a step and a half on the reciever when you have to stutter step just to get an attempt at the catch and the effin defender deflects the brutal throw how is that Moss' fault use your brain kid you look like a fool

I'm sorry to tell you, but you are 100% wrong, I havent been hating on cassel nearly as much as people around here but this guy sucks! His number one go to guy is the ground, they really should just play all 2nd 3rd and 4th string players just so no one else gets injured. He cannont play football, stop glinging to straws with this guy. He isnt Tom Brady, he isnt even Dave Brown, (anyone remember?) He sucks, and Dave Brown was one of the worst qbs ever. Cassel has NO SKILL. The loss is 100% on him. That being said, I expected it this season, and the losses aint as hard to take as they would be with THE REAL LEADER OF THIS TEAM playing.

People please stop trying to find a scape goat. Randy Moss didnt lose this game. Matt Cassel didnt lose this game. Richard Seymour didnt lose this game. Deltha O'neil didnt lose this game. The New England Patriots lost this game. The TEAM not the INDIVIDUAL. Accept it and stop looking for excuses.

Pretty much how I see it too.

We were crap in every phase. The Ghost even blew one.

Hanson was almost tonight's bright spot. Yikes.

You don't watch much NFL football, do you...

You dont think before you post much do you?
seriously your blaming an underthrown ball on the reciever. not only that your sayin O the QB is a rookie Moss should make up for that. Pull your head outta your *****

Looks like Deus Irae has a hatred for Randy Moss.

Those passes Moss didn't catch were knocked out by Jammer. All 3 of them.

Randy didn't forget how to catch. He has the best WR hands in football.

Matt Cassell should be starting at USC now. Not on any professional football team.

Matt Cassell should be starting at USC now. Not on any professional football team.

Hey can you relay that to MOLEWISROCKS to? these guys both just dont get it. they think a ball underthrown is the recievers fault??? and that anything thrown in the general area of Moss it should be caught. Unreal

I agree with this.

You should probably have watched the game, especially since one of the 3 throws that I'm talking about involved Moss having gotten free of Jammer over the middle, but missing the catch and almost having the ball intercepted as a result.

Belichick should have prepared for this in the offseason. Cassell shows little in preseason and he showed nothing in mopup duty last year in blowout wins.

What do you expect out of a QB that has only started 4 games since HIGH SCHOOL?

I know it's hard to get a good veteran QB when you have all-world Tom Brady as your starter....maybe I should be a little more understanding of the situation...I just don't see how you could have stuck with Matt Cassell for this long...when he has never shown any promise whatsoever.

Why not let O'Connell play the fourth quarter tonight? Once the Pats get down three scores, any thought of competing to win is gone. Let the kid play. Give O'Connel reps. If Cassel goes down, you will be back to square one--playing a QB with no reps.

You should probably have watched the game, especially since one of the 3 throws that I'm talking about involved Moss having gotten free of Jammer over the middle, but missing the catch and almost having the ball intercepted as a result.

Buddy your the minority. Only one who feels this way give it up! your wrong. go back to your i hate randy club with MO and let us intelligent posters talk about the real problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back