PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats are .500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie55 said:
Interesing tidbit from PFT:

Ah, yes. I became a Pats fan in the early 1970's. I remember, oh I remember......

shmessy said:
Ah, yes. I became a Pats fan in the early 1970's. I remember, oh I remember......

Yep, a lot of mediocrity for many many years, and then finally the promised land.

kinda wish you put in the title "all time" so I wasnt intitially outraged with all the negativity on this board with someone saying that the pats are going .500 this year!

scott99 said:
Yep, a lot of mediocrity for many many years, and then finally the promised land.

Hahaha are you kidding. Pats fans would have been happywith mediocrity. The team has stunk up the joint for many years. Division cellar dweller would be more accurate.

For those who remember the Zeke Mowatt Pats and having to watch guys like Hugh Millen pretend to be starting QBs... Hehe well it wasn't pretty.

I guess when the wheel of fortune turns she turns big time. I'm quite happy to be living in these times rather than those times. Considering the Pats past who woulda thought that the Pats would win 3 superbowls in 4 years?

Good times! Let's make it a 4th one guys. But the Pats need to figure out what to do when they're not running the football. At least they have that going.

Great debut for Maroney. Curtis Martin who?

I can't find a year-by-year won/loss record at patriots.com. Have the pats ever had an overall winning record, or will next week mark the first time the franchise has risen above .500? I am maybe prematurely assuming a victory vs. the jest, I know.

captain stone said:
I can't find a year-by-year won/loss record at patriots.com. Have the pats ever had an overall winning record, or will next week mark the first time the franchise has risen above .500? I am maybe prematurely assuming a victory vs. the jest, I know.
They're .500 record includes the AFL days and all the playoffs, so yes, when they were in the AFL they had an above .500 record for at least 4 of those years. As far as the NFL goes I have no idea and too lazy to add it all up.

Looked it up HERE

And the Fins are: 382 261 4

121 games above 500. too bad all Pat fans were't Born till January 2001!!! Because football has been around a while infact the Pats have been aroud longer then the Fins but haven't been nearly as successful!! Infact the Pats would have to have 7.5 seasons without a sigle loss from this day forward just to get 121 games over 500.!! One more note, the Pats are responsible for a lot of the 121 wins above 500, so while the Pats have a very short and recent history of winning, you were owned for many many many years!!! My guess is your team will never dominate the Fins the way the Fins have dominated the Pats.

Last edited:
feelthepain said:

121 games above 500. too bad all Pat fans were't Born till January 2001!!! Because football has been around a while infact the Pats have been aroud longer then the Fins but haven't been nearly as successful!!
I think you need a hug. Come here big guy, let uncle jaychamp give you a big ol' bear hug. Let's change that name from feelthepain to feelthelove.

feelthepain said:

121 games above 500. too bad all Pat fans were't Born till January 2001!!! Because football has been around a while infact the Pats have been aroud longer then the Fins but haven't been nearly as successful!!

HHHMMM? Miami 2 Superbowl wins...last one 32 years ago.

Patriots 3 Superbowl wins.

But that is quite funny for a fish fan who has never even seen his team IN the Superbowl in his life let alone win one....but boy I bet that overall win record keeps you warm at night.....just for future reference....a teams success is based on championships unless you think there is a door prize somewhere for regular season records but failing to produce when the playoffs start somewhere that Manning or the Atlanta Braves are keeping secret.

jaychamp said:
They're .500 record includes the AFL days and all the playoffs, so yes, when they were in the AFL they had an above .500 record for at least 4 of those years. As far as the NFL goes I have no idea and too lazy to add it all up.

Looked it up HERE

Thanks, Jay. That wikipedia page on the pats is very informative. Oh, btw, please don't feed the trolls. It only encourages them.

feelthepain said:

121 games above 500. too bad all Pat fans were't Born till January 2001!!! Because football has been around a while infact the Pats have been aroud longer then the Fins but haven't been nearly as successful!! Infact the Pats would have to have 7.5 seasons without a sigle loss from this day forward just to get 121 games over 500.!! One more note, the Pats are responsible for a lot of the 121 wins above 500, so while the Pats have a very short and recent history of winning, you were owned for many many many years!!! My guess is your team will never dominate the Fins the way the Fins have dominated the Pats.

Who won the Thirty Years' War? It took place in the 17th century, so I figured you'd know.

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
Who won the Thirty Years' War? It took place in the 17th century, so I figured you'd know.

Who won the SB last year...I forgot so I figured you'd know!!!! I also have to wonder if you're ever gonna forget the Pats have won a SB, I somehow doubt it, but us fin fans should!! Because unless you're the Pats the SB doesn't exist!! BTW have the Pats ever been to three SB's in a row?? No they haven't, just another level your beloved Pats have never reached!! And how many season have your Pats had two 1000 yard RB's and a 500 yrd RB all in the same season?? Never you say???? That's right!! Just for your information, what the Pats did two years ago, is now in the Past, so you can stop talking about it!! Oh, but you won't will you??? History is history!!!!

Last edited:
pats-blue said:
HHHMMM? Miami 2 Superbowl wins...last one 32 years ago.

Patriots 3 Superbowl wins.

But that is quite funny for a fish fan who has never even seen his team IN the Superbowl in his life let alone win one....but boy I bet that overall win record keeps you warm at night.....just for future reference....a teams success is based on championships unless you think there is a door prize somewhere for regular season records but failing to produce when the playoffs start somewhere that Manning or the Atlanta Braves are keeping secret.

Uhhh, try again!!! Remind me again who has the only undefeated season in NFL history??? It's not the Pats is it??, and it never will be the Pats will it??? No, it won't!!

Last edited:
feelthepain said:
Uhhh, try again!!! Remind me again who has the only undefeated season in NFL history??? It's not the Pats is it??, and it never will be the Pats will it??? No, it won't!!

your not getting this.
championships are all that matter.
pats-3
phins-2

period.

the rest is just trying to rationalize.
stats are nice, records are nice, accomplishments. etc.
but the only mesuring stick that really matters is championships.
too bad.
you lose.

feelthepain said:

Do you, like, go around the league trolling? Or are we the only ones who get to enjoy your complany?

feelthepain said:
Who won the SB last year...I forgot so I figured you'd know!!!! I also have to wonder if you're ever gonna forget the Pats have won a SB, I somehow doubt it, but us fin fans should!! Because unless you're the Pats the SB doesn't exist!! BTW have the Pats ever been to three SB's in a row?? No they haven't, just another level your beloved Pats have never reached!! And how many season have your Pats had two 1000 yard RB's and a 500 yrd RB all in the same season?? Never you say???? That's right!! Just for your information, what the Pats did two years ago, is now in the Past, so you can stop talking about it!! Oh, but you won't will you??? History is history!!!!

There is history and then there is ancient history. :rolleyes:

MoLewisrocks said:
There is history and then there is ancient history. :rolleyes:

Right, we're supposed to forget what the Pats accomplished even two years ago when most of his replies include things that happened 25 years ago or more? Who is it that needs to let go and forget again? Yeesh.

Willie55 said:
Interesing tidbit from PFT:

Considering where they were record wise for their entire history, this is actually a remarkable thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes