PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually thinking of your post when I saw the Pats doing exactly what you said they would on defense... and shouldn't. Great call.

I'm sick of seeing them go pass-happy early in games. They play like crap when they do.

Their offense is unstoppable when it's balanced. They went right down the field on the one drive they ran the ball.
The only issue today was Gray could not do anything. The running game didn't get going until Vereen got the ball.

Patriots have guys on their ol who wouldn't start on a decent college team. Why is that?

After Gray went down that is understandable. Bolden played well enough, and we all know how ugly Vereen is inside...
Where are you getting Gray went down with an injury? Reiss said no Pats players left the game with an injury and he hasn't said anything different to this point. I'd assume that 6 carries for 5 yards is enough to get you a seat on the bench.

That was on Lafell. He didn't look for the ball coming back towards the QB.
No it wasn't. The DB was playing inside on him, and his route took him to the sideline. Brady threw the ball way inside (because he was being hit as he threw). No way LaFell was going to catch it.

No it wasn't. The DB was playing inside on him, and his route took him to the sideline. Brady threw the ball way inside (because he was being hit as he threw). No way LaFell was going to catch it.

Yes, it was. Lafell turned back and sprinted towards the sideline without looking for the ball. It's on film. Watch his head on a replay.

Patriots need to do some soul searching on their ol strategy. They barely even got in the way out there on most plays. Played ole to the charging bulls of the Jets as they raced through our boys.

Disgusting. Not sure what the future holds. They stunk up the joint.

This team has yet to defeat that defensive gameplan when it matters.
Yep and very few have the ability to execute that game plan.

Say what you want but Rex Ryan is one hell of a defensive football coach

Just re watched the game, once Fleming started playing RG for Kliene, the OLmplayed much better. Kliene would come back and play guard in the jumbo packages when Fleming moved to tackle.

I think Fleming might be an upgrade over Wendell once Colloney gets back, he is certainly an upgrade over Kliene.

A pro bowler that got 16 pts in 60 min
I was just saying it was not the defense's finest performance.

They were lucky the Jets are the Jets and they had to settle for FGs.

Also, the pats won because the special teams made a play and the offense mounted a drive when it needed to.

I watched the entire game and am extremely happy the Pats won, but no phase of the pats got a high mark today.

Will the Jets play the Pats this tough once Rex is gone?

Doubt it. let's face it, he starts looking forward to the next Patriots game in January.

Patriots need to do some soul searching on their ol strategy. They barely even got in the way out there on most plays. Played ole to the charging bulls of the Jets as they raced through our boys.

Disgusting. Not sure what the future holds. They stunk up the joint.

Interesting the lack of responses to your Negative Nancy posts. They all must have you on ignore or something.

Maybe I should do same.

Definitely should have used more slow developing passes there.

Did you watch the same game i did?
Yes. That's my point they had no time. It was a disgrace.

Interesting the lack of responses to your Negative Nancy posts. They all must have you on ignore or something.

Maybe I should do same.
Boo hoo. If you take encouragement from this debacle then you're a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back