PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex does the same thing every time. Flood the middle of the field and force Brady to make perfect throws to beat coverage inside or try deep. This is effective because

1. We have little talent at wr
2. He can get pressure with just 4 guys
3. We don't have a good offensive line

rex's game plan lucked out with no Edelman, Connolly, and to a lesser extent Blount

If they play Pats win by 10+.

Let's not forget now when it really came down to it rex's game plan was beaten when the Pats really needed it as they pretty much moved the ball at will in the last 20 minutes and the jests DL had little to no impact.

Pats will have trouble hanging with any contender if they play even remotely close to how they did last night.......Like you said serious adjustments or additions need to be done prior to playoffs or this team is done

Seattle just played a division foe in their house. One 11-3 not 3-11. How'd that go? Nail biter?

What would Seattle's d do to our boys. They better think of something quick.[/QUOTE

You are right....no long balls but part of that is because Brady was on his *** so often. Weak Offense line play has plagued this team since BB era began. It is a major reason for both recent SB losses.....I am as confused in the O play calling last night. No Tyms or Wright in any play....double Gronkfck and let Amendola beat u....which thankfully he made some catches last night.... Really shows how weak this offense can become with Edelman out.....

QUOTE="doesntmatter1, post: 4032329, member: 17892"]The sad thing is Rex just owns Brady and at one point it looked like they knew all of our plays before we did. A deep threat doesn't even help because Lafell and Tyms have shown the ability to get deep but Brady just can't connect. Considering that the Jets secondary is supposedly so bad, we didn't even throw one bomb to see if we can get an interference call or something.[/QUOTE]

Well said....and this is why unfortunately the Pats will fall short again this year....here's #4.....WE can't get any PRESSURE on the opposing QB....

Rex does the same thing every time. Flood the middle of the field and force Brady to make perfect throws to beat coverage inside or try deep. This is effective because

1. We have little talent at wr
2. He can get pressure with just 4 guys
3. We don't have a good offensive line

In Heaven the lovers are Italian, the cooks are French, the police are English, and it's all run by the Germans.

In Hell the lovers are German, the cooks are English, the police are French, and it's all run by the Italians.

Wrong.

In heaven, the French are the cooks, the Italians are the lovers, the Germans are the workers, the Swiss are the plumbers, the English are the police and the Americans are the businessmen.

In hell, the English are the cooks, the Italians are the workers, the French are the plumbers, the Swiss are the lovers, the Germans are the police and the Americans are the businessmen.

my thoughts

- it was the jets......few of these matchups ever go as expected.
- chung had the kind of game that reminded why the pats did not bring him back
- blowouts don't help prepare the team for the playoffs. skinning that cat more than one way is an invaluable tool. leaning on the defense helps balance this team out.
- no injuries.....good news
- not too worried about the OL.......the Jets defense played their asses off, and that's a pretty good front 7
- vereen and bolden are better backs for very stout rushing defenses
- amendola probably saved his roster spot for next year

We basically played the type of game the Jets wanted us to play.

Conservative soft zones in defense that didn't pressure Geno. It allowed them to have long drives and shortened the game. It minimized the amount of possessions for our offense.

On defense, they flooded the short/intermediate part of the field. Especially in the middle. Forced Brady to either go deep middle or wide outside. And they attacked our interior OL.

Seattle just played a division foe in their house. One 11-3 not 3-11. How'd that go? Nail biter?

What would Seattle's d do to our boys. They better think of something quick.

The Cardinals would be 3-11 if they were missing the players they are missing right now all season.

The Cardinals would be 3-11 if they were missing the players they are missing right now all season.
That is a good point. Although I thought seattle looked really good anyway. They had time to throw.

What would Seattle's d do to our boys. They better think of something quick.

The Cardinals are cooked. They got torched on about 6 HUGE plays yesterday. They had a 3rd-string quarterback in there who looked lost and they were playing a team that looks like it's back in SB shape right now.

Seattle is very, very, very good.

And still, it was a ONE-SCORE game in the 4th quarter. And AZ fell apart.

Wrong.
In hell, the English are the cooks, the Italians are the workers, the French are the plumbers, the Swiss are the lovers, the Germans are the police and the Americans are the businessmen.

And the football fans are all Jet fans.

Wrong.

In heaven, the French are the cooks, the Italians are the lovers, the Germans are the workers, the Swiss are the plumbers, the English are the police and the Americans are the businessmen.

You both left out the Chinese, who, in heaven will soon be the gods (give them a few more years) and in hell will be the State Committee running the place.

I'm not sure what's more entertaining: watching the games or coming here.

How spoiled is the fan base of a 12-3 team that's in the driver's seat for home-field advantage in the conference and the best record in football (and after beating all three AFC division leaders, and playing two NFC 11-4 teams), comes in after a win with a downer attitude of "we only won by 1! We're dooooooooooooommmmmmedddddddd!"?

Seriously hilarious.

After watching Cannon and Solder as the extra tackle in recent games, I don't know whether to think Fleming's performance there against the Colts was that much more impressive than I realized or if the Colts are just that bad. Whatever it is at that spot, it's more dissimilar from blocking at the tackle position than I realized.

That said, Solder looked really good in pass protection on all the snaps where he wasn't left with three guys to block.

You both left out the Chinese, who, in heaven will soon be the gods (give them a few more years) and in hell will be the State Committee running the place.

Oh, plenty of heaven and hell jokes about communism. How about this one?

Gorbachev dies and is condemned to hell but St Peter offers him a choice, since he wasn't as bad as his predecessors, he can go to a capitalist hell or a communist one. "I'll take the communist one." says Gorbachev. "But why?", says St Peter "After all, you were the one who saw everything that was wrong with communism." "That's the point.", says Gorbachev, "In the communist hell, you can be sure they'll let the fire go out, the chains will break and they'll never have enough boiling oil."
But this is the Jets post-game thread ...

ME: I'm happy with this win but it worries me that the Jets have shown other teams the way to beat the Pats.
DAUGHTER: But won't Belichick have seen that too and know what he needs to fix?​

How spoiled is the fan base of a 12-3 team that's in the driver's seat for home-field advantage in the conference and the best record in football (and after beating all three AFC division leaders, and playing two NFC 11-4 teams), comes in after a win with a downer attitude of "we only won by 1! We're dooooooooooooommmmmmedddddddd!"?

Seriously hilarious.

How is the above comment in any way productive or adding to intelligent discourse? I'm happy they won but there were some alarming issues in the game that are real.

Seriously hilarious.

It's a message board. If everyone did what the homers want, and just said "Yay, they won!", this place would shut down in a week. What's hilarious is the notion that people should, somehow, be cheering about yesterday's game for anything beyond getting the bye.

They were a blocked FG away from a likely loss to a 3-11 Jets team, in a week 16 contest when they were 11-3 going in. It's not spoiled to be discussing that game as if there was a lot to worry about. It's common sense.

Seriously hilarious.
I haven't seen a lot of "doomed' talk, but I've seen a lot of talk that thinks the Pats performance against a 3--11 team yesterday wouldn't get them very far in January. I think that's kind of a reasonable concern, myself.

They're only "doomed" if we don't think they can fix the protection and other problems that manifested themselves yesterday. I think they can. But, I'm not pretending that they don't exist either.

In other words, I'm not sure they would have beaten any of the "three AFC division leaders" or the "two NFC 11--4 teams" playing like they did yesterday. Do you really think they would have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots