PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a win against a division opponent in their house. Is this your first year watching football?

He's a butthurt Jets fan...this was their Super Bowl...try to understand the bitter resentment and jealousy.

Yes he did, He was with the trainers in the first quarter, he had runs in the fourth.

Then I stand corrected. It still seemed he was "dinged." Reports of no injuries is rather meaningless with this head coach.

Any wagers on Gray showing up on the injury report Wednesday?

To be fair the defense made Geno Smith look like a Pro Bowler for a majority of the game.

Did they really? 210 yards 1 TD 1 int. 1 TD drive 3 field goals. Very Trent Dilfer like.

As Bad as everyone says Brady played he did lead his team to 2 tds. 1 passing and one short run.

Btw if they wanted too, they could of hammered it home and won by 8 instead of 1 to make everyone feel better about the win. ;)

Apologies if this has been posted already.

"This was going to be our Super Bowl for this season," safety Calvin Pryor said.

So the Jets really do view us as their Super Bowl, never thought they'd admit it lol. :p

I think this game proved what we have known all along. If a team can get to Brady with a four man Rush, Brady and the offense to go sleep. Giants formula 101.

Our o line is the key, and they played very poorly today. Especially solder and Kline.

It was a win against a division opponent in their house. Is this your first year watching football?
Seattle just played a division foe in their house. One 11-3 not 3-11. How'd that go? Nail biter?

What would Seattle's d do to our boys. They better think of something quick.

I think this game proved what we have known all along. If a team can get to Brady with a four man Rush, Brady and the offense to go sleep. Giants formula 101.

Our o line is the key, and they played very poorly today. Especially solder and Kline.
Wait, what? Are you sure you're not a jets fan or a negative nancy?

I'd give Amendola the game ball. He played well as a WR and as a returner. Consider what you think the score would have been if Amendola had a poor game.

Just watched the first half on game rewind and one thing stands out (after the complete inability by the offense to identify who was rushing Brady):
The announcing team downright hating on our team. Openly. Hating on our success. Mocking our success. Being sarcastic about the things we're good at. The sideline reporter even openly hoped for a Jets win!

Also, Cumberland totally used the ball as a prop.

Seattle just played a division foe in their house. One 11-3 not 3-11. How'd that go? Nail biter?

Yeah Seattle's d would destroy us, they'll shut down Brady just like they shut down that 3rd string quarterback. :D

I just rewatched the game (I record them all and then watch every play over and over). Kline gets good push in the run game, but his pass pro is rough because he comes out of his stance high and lets defenders under his pads. He really did not have that bad of a game. Fleming is going to be our future RG. I really want Solder to be let go, especially at that cap #. I can envision 3 OL drafted next year and a couple of UDFA's.

I know that in the game day thread people were *****ing about the lack of pass rush. It seemed that the game plan was to take away the run because they ran fronts of Branch, VW and Siliga. I would like for Vince to be with the pats next year, but he has a big cap#. I doubt he would restructure. I was disappointed in Nink, he is a very streaky pass rusher and looks slow. He is a great player but pass rushing is not his thing even though he has 8 sacks. I hope that Ayers is resigned and used as the LE and Nink is rotational. I was hoping Ayers would be used more in this game but they preferred the bigs on the line.

Umm, maybe where he was seen being looked at on the sideline and saw no more action all game? I don't give two ****s if Reece missed an obvious ding to a rb. Again,I was playing host this weekend and apparently was more cognizant of the gabe than you or Reece...

Understanding that this isn't directed at me, but yes, Jonas Gray definitely was dinged up at some point, and was being attended to by the training staff.

As we know, he later returned to the game, but I believed that he missed a couple of series' with Bolden and Vareen taking over the carries. It also should be pointed out that we only rushed a grand total of 4 times in the 1st half anyway, which was moved up to 13 times in the 2nd half as they were more effective.

As a matter of fact, it was Jonas Gray who scored the touchdown after Brady scrambled to the 2 yard line on the final score of the game for us. If you remember, the officials had to review it. I believe that was the 4th quarter, but it may have been the late 3rd still.

Tough game but they won. But the offensive struggles are not just for this game. Since the GB game, this offense and line have struggled. Not like a december pats team , more like a september/october pats team . From my untrained eye, the issues with this team are similar to the past. They have no WR to stretch the field so teams which can congest the short portion of the field and pressure brady and dare the pats to throw team are going to give us a lot of troubles because our WR depth is average and has tough time getting open one on one. Of course opposing teams need to be able to do it. But the concerns of the oline and WR depth are back in focus and are real IMO . Hopefully connolly gets healthy and as does vereen and that helps pats dictate the tempo a bit.

Rex Ryan actually pointed out that their ability to match up well with our outside receivers allowed them to play the kind of scheme that they wanted to, which was more aggressive and limited what Brady could do.

Only time will tell if that is enough of a weakness to hold the team back from its goals again. As we've seen, they are quite capable of scoring in other manners, but everyone needs to be on the same page, working together, and peaking at the right time.

Yes. I watched the game. I've also now seen /multiple/ Pats reporters saying the Pats came out of the game without any injuries.

If that's the case, then the injury to Gray must have been quite minor. He was taken out of the game at one point in the first half, and was seen by the CBS cameras getting attention by the training staff, as Bolden and Vereen were taking over the RB duties. As we saw with his touchdown in the second half, he obviously returned, so I think we can assume that he's okay.

Let's hope that CIN pulls off the upset tomorrow night and then we can rest some of these guys up another couple of weeks until practice for the divisional round.

Seattle? It would be great to find out. Getting Connolly, Edelman, and Blount back will make a huge difference. It would be interesting to see how the Seahawks deal with the Patriots defense which is every bit their equal.

The Jets game was maddening to watch, but very valuable going forward. Josh McDaniels and Dave DeGuglielmo have lots of video to work with as they prep for the playoffs. A blowout like the Miami win is much less helpful at this time of year,

A win on the road at a division rival who knows their opponent well is a big deal. Especially one that clinches a first round bye in the playoffs.

Rex does the same thing every time. Flood the middle of the field and force Brady to make perfect throws to beat coverage inside or try deep. This is effective because

1. We have little talent at wr
2. He can get pressure with just 4 guys
3. We don't have a good offensive line

I know the in thing right now is to say how the jests line dominated. But in the last 20 minutes that DL did very little, allowing the Pats to amass 165 yards on 3 drives and win the game.

The sad thing is Rex just owns Brady and at one point it looked like they knew all of our plays before we did. A deep threat doesn't even help because Lafell and Tyms have shown the ability to get deep but Brady just can't connect. Considering that the Jets secondary is supposedly so bad, we didn't even throw one bomb to see if we can get an interference call or something.

So what was the deal with that first down? Was the issue that to the home viewers it looked short when it was measured due to camera parallax but was really a first down (and then the ref was lame about signalling it to the rest of the crew in time)?
It's obvious. The Refs was working on super secret instructions radioed directly from Goodell to let the Pats think it was still fourth down so they'd call the wrong play.

It's a win. I'll take it. But some wins make me feel confident, this one, not so much. Glad that wasn't Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes