PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots supposed lack of pass rush

This is classic BB defense, take away their strength and force them to throw..

It is not that complicated... neutralizing Spiller kept this team in that game.

You'll find that forums encourage the opposite.

Spiller tore us up last year (at least in our home game against them). Jackson has torn us up in the past. The focus was on the RB's, who are up there as far as RB corps go.
Indeed. Keeping Manuel in the pocket was apart of the focus too.

They played very disciplined defense and the issues they had with the Bills last season were largely held in check.

Ozymandias;3550413Yes said:
I'm sorry but none of those guys are particularly explosive. Maybe Goodwin is fast but that's about it. Saying Chandler is explosive is like saying Wilfork is explosive.

The biggest threat was CJ Spiller and the neutralized him. The secondary guys weren't very important/very good in anyway.

I agree that it was likely scheme that made the pass rush look worse than it was. I'm not convinced they couldn't have played any better though, we'll have to see.

I will say though, that I don't think we'll see anything drastically different against the Jets. We don't have to account for Spiller/Jackson, but Geno is still a mobile QB so I'm guessing the gameplan will have some similar contain/spy themes to it. All this to say, we'll have a better idea in week three of where this pass rush's actual potential is. Until then I'll settle for another 150 yard passing game from the other team and be damn happy about it.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back