PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots sign OG Robert Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
The default is McDonald. if we draft a rookie high, we could carry 10 OL's. Alternatively, someone could be retiring (Waters, Light or Vollmer), or he could beat out Wendell.

With a full off-season program & OTAs, McDonald will not be the default. It will be Wendell.

So what your saying is they can trade him for a 2nd round pick and save how much on the cap?

The Pats would save nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

The net effect would be a cap loss - not savings, loss - of $9 million.

Since I started the TRADE MANKINS NOW thread a couple years ago...please let me! I think this is official notice that Mankins' salary isnt reflective on his play in big games. Its hard to miss the fact that the safety in the SB was right through Mankins, and that was effectively the difference in the game. Mankins makes more money than anyone on the line and having both Gallery and Waters means we can at least play hardball with him....tell him to take a pay cut or make him the last cut so he cant go get set up with another team. ALA Lawyer Milloy. Either Gallery is camp fodder or Mankin's cost-effectiveness is a issue. If we move him out we can sign WW....

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...urgery-to-fix-a-torn-acl-after-playing-on-it/

Ian R. Rapoport ‏ @RapSheet
Details on low-risk salary for Patriots OL Robert Gallery -- 1 year, $400K signing bonus, $1M base, $300K roster bonus, $100K workout bonus

Fairly cheap.

Since I started the TRADE MANKINS NOW thread a couple years ago...please let me! I think this is official notice that Mankins' salary isnt reflective on his play in big games. Its hard to miss the fact that the safety in the SB was right through Mankins, and that was effectively the difference in the game. Mankins makes more money than anyone on the line and having both Gallery and Waters means we can at least play hardball with him....tell him to take a pay cut or make him the last cut so he cant go get set up with another team. ALA Lawyer Milloy. Either Gallery is camp fodder or Mankin's cost-effectiveness is a issue. If we move him out we can sign WW....

I agree Mankins has no excuse for his poor play in the Super Bowl. The guy only had a torn ACL. It wasn't like he played with a significant injury like a hang nail. If he did, he would at least have an excuse.

I agree Mankins has no excuse for his poor play in the Super Bowl. The guy only had a torn ACL. It wasn't like he played with a significant injury like a hang nail. If he did, he would at least have an excuse.

From what I remember he posted that the day before the Mankins story broke...

From what I remember he posted that the day before the Mankins story broke...

My bad. Sorry, I thought it was a recent post. Sorry for my snarkiness.

It's officially a one-year deal.

As it should be. I wouldn't trust his health. He's never been a workout warrior. The only work he gets done on his body is 'ink.' His back has given him trouble. If he stays healthy, he'll be solid enough.

He played LT in college......he excelled at LG in the pro's.....did not have as much success at LT in the pro's......Dont ask me why!!!!

Because he had notoriously short arms... under 32"... that had a lot to do with it. A good OT needs to be able to get that first punch in... Gallery was the one receiving punches due to that reach.

Because he had notoriously short arms... under 32"... that had a lot to do with it. A good OT needs to be able to get that first punch in... Gallery was the one receiving punches due to that reach.

Joe Thomas has 32.5 inches arms.

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider tweets:

Robert Gallery 1-year deal worth $1.8 million: $400,000 signing bonus $300,000 roster bonus $100,000 workout bonus $1 million salary

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider tweets:

Robert Gallery 1-year deal worth $1.8 million: $400,000 signing bonus $300,000 roster bonus $100,000 workout bonus $1 million salary

Those are numbers for a guy the Patriots would be pretty surprised to cut.

Those are numbers for a guy the Patriots would be pretty surprised to cut.

Agreed.

They are expecting Gallery to be a contributor on some key level this yr, whether that means replacing the hole left by Mankins and his injury for the first 1/2 of the year, or being one of the first guys off the bench in other interior situations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back