PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots Pro Shop - getting a new home (hopefully better selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
While looking at the plans for all the new setup around the stadium I was interested to see that they are going to build a new Pro Shop. I, for one, am very glad that they are. Personally I think the the one currently at Gillette leaves alot to be desired. It had a ton of room but to me the selection stunk for anything but Jerseys. The old Pro Shop at Foxboro was cramped as hell but it seemed like they had more stuff for the average fan to buy. Going to the new one to buy something for the kids was useless (I often found better stuff at the Locker Room locations in the stadium) and getting a jacket/sweatshirt/t-shirt in new one was a real hit-or-miss outing. Now I love Gillette and I wouldn't even have brought this up except for the fact that they are buidling a new one and I hope that they improve it. My fear is that with online shopping they just don't want to load up in the shop as much as they used too but for a fan like me who looks for an excuse in the offseason to drive the 45 minutes up to Foxboro, here's hoping that the new store has a better selection.

Last edited:
The building going up now is a temp building and will be the pro shop for a couple of years. When the project is completed, the new pro shop will be part of the hall of fame building.

Last edited:
The online shop is impressive, but the Pro Shop does leave a lot to be desired. I'm a gear freak- I load up on all the "official" stuff every year. But as an out of towner, when I get to a game, I like to pick up souveneirs and other things I can't get on any old website. There were some things, but in general, I was disappointed. Hopefully there will be more in the new store.

A few months ago I payed $27 (s&h included) for a new with tags 1964 throwback Gino Cappelletti jersey off ebay that retails msrp $125+ easy. Pretty much enough said that ebay/amazon have by far better prices but stadium and online shops have much better selections. Usually staduim stores have only "this season's" gear that's why you'll see tons of jerseys since they don't change every year. While there will be 3-4 new sideline caps each year, and everything else like said earlier is hit or miss.

A few months ago I payed $27 (s&h included) for a new with tags 1964 throwback Gino Cappelletti jersey off ebay that retails msrp $125+ easy. Pretty much enough said that ebay/amazon have by far better prices but stadium and online shops have much better selections. Usually staduim stores have only "this season's" gear that's why you'll see tons of jerseys since they don't change every year. While there will be 3-4 new sideline caps each year, and everything else like said earlier is hit or miss.

I sort of went crazy last year buying Pats gear on eBay, but it was worth it. I got stuff for usually half to a third of the price you'd pay for the same or similar items at the retail pro shop. The price mark-ups at the pro shop are really bad. Actually, this is a good time of year to buy Pats gear on eBay because few people are thinking football -- the prices are lower and the auctions have fewer bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back