PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots of Old

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots of New were perfect through the first 1138 minutes of NFL football in 2007.

The last 2 minutes turned into an unimaginable nightmare of freakish events that came together to deter us. But, that said, there is not just one way to win. If the offense gets clicking, it will compensate for the defense. Brady is the highest paid NFL player for a reason, he has to carry us. And he can.

Last edited:
Almost all are retired, change happens.

I guess you were not aware of the fact that the 70s steelers,80s 49ers,90s cowboys all of which were teams of the decade went downhill the next decade - its hard to be on top and stay on top...

Teams will regress then slowly rebuild thier team back up to get to that upper echelon level again years later....give it time,people in here are too impatient and they expect a SB every year..not possible

Last edited:
Earlier Belichick Pats teams used very good play at the lines to motivate the other players to excel. For example when G. Warren was roughing up Sanchez, the entire team seemed to play better. At one point Sanchez had both Warren and Wright after him, and the other players see that. However Belichick no longer seems interested in investing in his lines, or he wouldn't have traded Richard Seymour and then refused to pay Mankins to play for a one-year contract.

So what you're saying, is the Patriots of 2009 (10 too?) are the Russian?

After the 2007 pinnacle they lost some guys and have been rebuilding, my guess is were back on top 2011-2013, maybe longer if things break right.

Stop being so gloomy after one loss people, it's getting on my nerves.

OL.

Mainly the defense.
Harrison in 2005.
Then old, blew the game in Indy 2006.

The D is not what it was in 2003-2004 with those LBs.

However Belichick no longer seems interested in investing in his lines, or he wouldn't have traded Richard Seymour and then refused to pay Mankins to play for a one-year contract.

:wha:

really??? really??? :bricks:

Since you're using a Rocky analogy, consider this: the difference between the first Rocky movie and the last Rocky movie. Would you prefer that Willie McGinest, Ty Law, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison and Mike Vrabel were all still out on the field for the Pats' defense? If they were, what do you think the Pats record would have been last year, or will be this year?

Since you're using a Rocky analogy, consider this: the difference between the first Rocky movie and the last Rocky movie. Would you prefer that Willie McGinest, Ty Law, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison and Mike Vrabel were all still out on the field for the Pats' defense? If they were, what do you think the Pats record would have been last year, or will be this year?

yep. Also, the last Rocky movie was nice, but he did lose in the end ;)

After the 2007 pinnacle they lost some guys and have been rebuilding, my guess is were back on top 2011-2013, maybe longer if things break right.

all depends on how well we draft.

Well, considering that I grew up watching coaches like Erhardt, Meyer, and Berry, with playoff appearances, nevermind wins, hard to come by, I guess I can deal with this team sh#tting the bed a bit every now and then...where's John Stephens when you need him? :D
P
I guess "Patriots of Old" depends on when you hopped on the bandwagon...

Last edited:
Fans forget we are competing with 31 other teams for player and coaching talent. The Patriots do not operate in a vacuum and Mr. Kraft and Bill through hard work have managed to stay ahead of the curve ...

Patriot fans have been living every fans dream since then. We may not always be the best but the attempt is there and we're in the hunt year after year.

Last edited:
all depends on how well we draft.

Draft.
Can Brady stay healthy.
The Pats back on top by 2011-2012?
You can't make that claim, they need to have their coach, QB, coaching staff, and drafting where it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back