PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Patriots = Hulk" Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulletin board material is so overrated. It has virtually nothing to do with winning or losing a game. In fact, it can backfire on you if some guys get too wrapped up in what was said and not on what they need to do on the field.

Last edited:
We'll between the 2 of us, I think I would qualify as the Mensa candidate before you. Unfortunately for you, you really don't understand the NFL. The reason crap talk is discouraged is the same reason endzone celebrations are fined, and bad behavior severely punished. The NFL's mission is to deliver a product that comes across as a honorable, fair and classy product. Thus my comment about it being discouraged.
Read Andy Johnsons post. Get educated Mensa man.

You provided little to no reasoning to support your initial premise. All you've done is spew a string of generalizations. It's apparent that you know next to nothing about the Patriots and how they operate.

Your argument has been found wanting. Next.

I am really getting tired of fans/media thinking that opposing team's players walk on egg shells when it comes to discussing the Pats. "Man he was really stupid to diss the Pats...now they are really dead." Players are not thinking "if we piss them off, they are going to beat us up even more, so lets not say anything so the beating is less severe". The Pats are going to play as hard as they can. Period. They are not the Hulk, and gain extra strength the angrier they are, or get faster. Nor do they get better at making reads. Smack talk is part of the game...ALL teams try to discourage it.

I don't agree.

People respond to things differently. Some folks turn the other cheek, and some people pick up a bat. Your argument that all players act the same is foolish. There are many people who agree with you. Coaches, owners and fans alike think that the heart is not that big a part of the equation. And yes, I am equating heart to how you react to certain stimuli.

All players are not the same. (I am not patronizing) The statement, "Football is important to him" should not be taken lightly. These dudes feel so strongly about football that when someone talks disparagingly about them, they become more motivated - (my opinion, but I have heard the players comment on this AFTER the game many times.) BB looks for players who can focus this motivation to their play. Players who can't do this, are not retained or even offered a job in many cases.

So, no they are not the hulk. But you are ignoring a basic premis of this team.

On another note, have you ever noticed that the people who "make it" in life many times do it to prove someone that they were wrong about them?

It happens all the time.

Bulletin board material is so overrated. It has virtually nothing to do with winning or losing a game. In fact, it can backfire on you if some guys get too wrapped up in what was said and not on what they need to do on the field.

Some people are able to focus it.

You provided little to no reasoning to support your initial premise. All you've done is spew a string of generalizations. It's apparent that you know next to nothing about the Patriots and how they operate.

Your argument has been found wanting. Next.

Man you are a dope. This is a fan board, not the MIT science departments VPN. Check it out...you'll be surprised at the amount of generalizations. Perhaps you need to move on to bigger fish, Mensa man.

Not to mention, the fact that you didn't understand the underlying reasoning behind the premise says lots. You obviously don't pay attention to how the NFL has "taken the fun out of the game" by eliminating any and all shenanigans. It would naturally follow that sh!t talking would fall under the same umbrella.

Instead you jumped to a conclusion...real smart thinking. Go hang out with Chris Collinsworth azz wipe.

Stop trying to sound smart, because you aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes