PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots have passed the torch to the Jets...As NFL's most hated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Manhattan and know a lot of Jets fans. To me, the most interesting subtext in the current Jets story is that my friends tell me that a lot of Jets fans just don't like Sanchez all that much. The Jets' fan base is a blue-collar, suburban crowd and, so far, they are behind Mark because they have put their hopes on his shoulders, but they really aren't enthusiastic.

Rex is more their cup of tea (or, more aptly, keg of beer), but they also know he's a little embarrassing and that he's the kind of Coach they'd be mocking without pity if he were with a Divisional Rival and that they'll turn on him in a minute.

So, even the local support, while loud, is thin.

Why would some Jets fans not like Sanchez? If they don't, I'd examine their label as "Jets fans." I live in NYC as well and your statement is dead wrong. If you are a Jets fan, what is not to like about him?

Why would some Jets fans not like Sanchez? If they don't, I'd examine their label as "Jets fans."

Not to put words in your mouth, but it sounds like you're being critical of fans who aren't "homers."

Why would some Jets fans not like Sanchez? If they don't, I'd examine their label as "Jets fans." I live in NYC as well and your statement is dead wrong. If you are a Jets fan, what is not to like about him?

uhhh? The fact that he isnt that good maybe?

my statement is my statement and I am reporting what i heard from lifelong Jets fans. remember, some fans are able to distinguish between hype and talent. in this case, they don't think his abilities live up to his hype and they are worried that he won't take them where they need to go when he isn't handed two games at 7--7. if you read Gary Myers carefully, i think you'll see that he, among other NY scribes, has reservations about Sanchez as well.

No one's disputing that Sanchez is an OK to Good NFL QB and belongs on the field; the dispute is whether he is a guy who will take a team over the top.

That means that there are some very thoughtful Jets fans; kind of a compliment actually. They're just wondering if he's Danny White or Troy Aikman, Drew Bledsoe or Tom Brady. I think that question is still unanswered by any objective measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes