PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The patriots downfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolguy

Banned
Reaction score
I respect Bill but his defense has not look great since Romeo left. Yet whenever the pats have success its 70% him and 30% brady.

Bill makes average players perform above their abilities, but should he really have to? We watched the jets over last couple of years sign defenders and offensive players that know how to play the patriot's, but the pats not one time tried to counter any of their moves.
Hell, the jets even went so far as TO hire coaches who have either given the patriots trouble, or are familiar with the system. While the pats seem to stand by and do nothing but lose pieces.

The jets have been gearing up for a chance like this for awhile.

So the point emerges..why does brady get the blame for loses when clearly the franchise has done nothing to help his team become great. Bill on the other hand stands back and get all the credit for a team that is clearly brady or bust and not defense first and a conservative offense.

Bill is starting to remind me of Tony dungy. A great defensive coach that relies heavily on a QB greatness.

The patriots at this point look like Ray while the jets with the free agent signing are becoming the yankees.

Am i overrating? lol

Last edited:
The drafting of Hernandez and Gronkowski and the way this offense was reconfigured over the course of the season was in direct response to the way the Jets D has played Brady. This change in philosophy led to a 45-3 beatdown which you may have missed. Yes, you are overreacting, badly.

The drafting of Hernandez and Gronkowski and the way this offense was reconfigured over the course of the season was in direct response to the way the Jets D has played Brady. This change in philosophy led to a 45-3 beatdown which you may have missed. Yes, you are overreacting, badly.

But look at their defense compared to the pats. The jets defense/team is full of people who know and hate the patriots.

People are going to read too much into this loss. The team was overconfident and didn't take the Jets seriously. The coaching staff paniced and got away from what they do best. Thats why we lost.

OP is totally overrating

We had the youngset defense in the league with a lot of untimely injuries when it really started to count. How can you possibly judge that they aren't the answer to the Jets? You can't. Stop overeacting.

Overall Jets did an outstanding job on the TEs yesterday so if that was the only way we can have success against their defense BB better spend a lot of time in front of the drawing board this winter because THEY FIGURED IT OUT.

Last edited:
People are going to read too much into this loss. The team was overconfident and didn't take the Jets seriously. The coaching staff paniced and got away from what they do best. Thats why we lost.

Didn't take the Browns or Jets seriously during the season either and look what happened.

I had a bad feeling about this game, the build up reminded me a lot of week 2, and we all remember what happened in that game (or do we?). Personally, I was tired of hearing how the Pats beat the Jets this year, I wish the media would have reminded people about week 2.

The Jets were a damn good team and we got to hear about how they were steamrolled, which further motivated them. The same probably would have happened next week if they won and faced the Steelers.

But all in all, I blame 2 key plays for this loss. Crumplers TD drop, and the Brady pick. Reverse those, and the Pats likely have an early 14+ lead which completely changes how the game is then being played. Sanchez likely throws more, panics more and has more picks.

This loss hurts really bad, but it is what it is. Let's all just cross our fingers there is football next season so we don't waste another season of Brady in his prime.

I may be in the minority here but i rather win ugly like a 10-7 game and watch a defensive battle..I also like watching a 1-0 baseball game to me it's imposing your will on another team..I love watching the Ravens and Steelers games because it's so physical..Do yourself a favor and go back and watch the 2001 Patriots superbowl game..That defense was punishing against the greatest offense ever assembled,that is what is on my wish list a defense that is feared..

Am i overrating? lol
Yes!

Ty Warren and Leigh Bodden were placed on injured reserve prior to the start of the season. Ron Brace and Mike Wright were placed on injured reserve late in the season. Myron Pryor experienced a back injury late in the season. Four defensive lineman were not available for the 2010 AFC Divisional Playoffs.

Stephen Neal only played half the season and was placed on injured reserve. Dan Connolly is nothing more than a backup and he was abused against the Jets. Nick Kaczur was placed on injured reserve prior to the start of the season and he would have been a better replacement for Stephen Neal at right guard than Dan Connolly. The New England Patriots backup offensive lineman are suspect (Connolly, LeVoir, Ojinnaka, Wendell, Orhnberger).

Football games are won in the trenches and the Patriots lost the war in the trenches on both sides of the ball against the New York Jets in the 2010 AFC Divisional Playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back