The Patriots Defense Stacks Up With The 2009 Super Bowl Champion Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Patriots Defense Stacks Up With The 2009 Super Bowl Champion Saints
By: Russ Goldman

The Patriots 2010 defense has similar statistics to a defense that won a championship. Here's how New England's defense compares favorably to the 2009 New Orleans Saints. ...

I been telling the "the defense sucks!!!1" crowd that and they just shrugged it off. You don't need an elite defense but a complementary one.

I been telling the "the defense sucks!!!1" crowd that and they just shrugged it off. You don't need an elite defense but a complementary one.

Best part is that within 2 years this defense WILL be elite.

You need three units that execute the game plan well. The Patriots have three units that do so!

Best part is that within 2 years this defense WILL be elite.

I would argue that since Week 9, they have been pretty darn close to elite.

Well if we're going to suck our own ****s around here, I was on the "this defense has a ceiling of the 2009 Saints" before the season even started. :cool:

I get the similarities, but what's interesting is how differently those two defenses are built.

Well if we're going to suck our own ****s around here, I was on the "this defense has a ceiling of the 2009 Saints" before the season even started. :cool:

Freud says hello.....

Kontra, you crack me up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes