PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots Defense ~ A Return to Dominance ~ The Quickening!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Call on Ye Dominant Defense emerging!! :D

Unless we absolutely crush it, this week, and again, two weeks, hence, this Prediction will go down as decidedly WRONG ~ and it wouldn't be my first miss by a long shot!!
jester.gif

...But it'll probably still be a lot closer to RIGHT than certain Spastic Colons who we won't mention!! :D

Closing The Books on These Threads, Three.

Clearly, my Prediction was WRONG. :(

That dominant Patriots Defense lies yet in the Future.

Thanks for all your Contributions ~ you above all others, Brother Mayo!! ~ to make this Quest ~ although ultimately a Failure, I'm afraid ~ a splendid Journey, just the same!!
beer.gif

Closing The Books on These Threads, Three.

Clearly, my Prediction was WRONG. :(

That dominant Patriots Defense lies yet in the Future.

Thanks for all your Contributions ~ you above all others, Brother Mayo!! ~ to make this Quest ~ although ultimately a Failure, I'm afraid ~ a splendid Journey, just the same!!
beer.gif

I still don't believe we're that far off. The Pats' D did ok in the first half, and Talib going out clearly opened a big door for the Ravens to attack the secondary.

The defense should get better next year. I also think we need one or two "bad ass" guys who will set the tone. Safety opposite and LDE McCourty would be a good place to start. Steve Gregory is the dictionary definition of the exact opposite of a "bad ass". He's not going to intimidate anyone. Bernard Pollard, much as we all hate him, is what we all wanted Pat Chung to be.

But I find myself agreeing somewhat with Brother Manx' skepticism about the coaching staff being willing to change. What bothers me most is that we got beat up on Sunday by a Ravens' defense that was coached by none other than Dean Pees, the poster child for soft BBDB defense when he was here. WTF happened? Did his players suddenly get that much better? I'm not convinced that the Ravens have more talent on defense than we do. Or is it that he was being constrained to play a certain style of defense when he was here?

We've got some dogs. We need to turn them loose some more and let them attack a bit. We're too soft by far.

I still don't believe we're that far off. The Pats' D did ok in the first half, and Talib going out clearly opened a big door for the Ravens to attack the secondary.

The defense should get better next year. I also think we need one or two "bad ass" guys who will set the tone. Safety opposite and LDE McCourty would be a good place to start. Steve Gregory is the dictionary definition of the exact opposite of a "bad ass". He's not going to intimidate anyone. Bernard Pollard, much as we all hate him, is what we all wanted Pat Chung to be.

But I find myself agreeing somewhat with Brother Manx' skepticism about the coaching staff being willing to change. What bothers me most is that we got beat up on Sunday by a Ravens' defense that was coached by none other than Dean Pees, the poster child for soft BBDB defense when he was here. WTF happened? Did his players suddenly get that much better? I'm not convinced that the Ravens have more talent on defense than we do. Or is it that he was being constrained to play a certain style of defense when he was here?

We've got some dogs. We need to turn them loose some more and let them attack a bit. We're too soft by far.

Yep.

Need better coverage
Need more rushes
Need to dish out more punishment

They are trending upward but need to add more talent in all areas.

I also expect them to improve as the kids continue to learn the scheme.

I don't think this Quest failed. The injuries took their toll and we had no depth.

This patriots defense when healthy is damn good.

The offense, I'm afraid, is simply unable to produce against the type of defense we wish to have, and those are the ones that await us in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back