PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots are smarter than you.

If the Skins gave us the number 6 pick for Samuel I would probably cry tears of joy. (I doubt this will happen by the way but it is a fun thought.) The Pats would have 3 1st rounders and could do a large number of things. Tey could take Landry with the number 6 pick or package the #6 and 1 of the other 1st rounders to move up in the draft and get someone like say............. Calvin Johnson! Of course I am dreaming but I am allowed to do that. In the latter scenario you would pretty much be forced to choose the next best available CB in the 1st round.

Compare that to the Patriots, who haven't won a Superbowl now in three years,
Oh, really? Tell me, Mr. Genius who knows who much, just who did win the last three Superbowls?

Oh, really? Tell me, Mr. Genius who knows who much, just who did win the last three Superbowls?

And I thought my sarcasm detector was broken. ;)

I think you might have missed my point.

No kidding. What the heck would we do with 3 1st round picks?

we already have two, so we get a low #1 this year and a #2 next year from, say, the redskins, package the new #1 with the our existing 24th pick and get Calvin Johnson, Laron Landry or Leon Hall?

we already have two, so we get a #1 this year and a high #2 next year from, say, the redskins, package the new #1 with the our existing 24th pick and get Calvin Johnson, Laron Landry or Leon Hall?

I fixed your post for you. :)

I turned down an offer to run the FO in Houston, holding out for a job in Foxborough, but I now think I might have made a serious error of judgement ...

Even if you are living in a van down by the river, you did not make a serious error of judgment by turning down a job in Houston's FO.

PFnV

I think you might have missed my point.
Maybe. Are you being super subtle here? By saying you are smarter than Belichick because he thinks he won one of the last three superbowls and you say Belichick hasn't won one of the last three, are you actually showing us that you are really dumb?

I can appreciate that.

And I thought my sarcasm detector was broken. ;)
Sarcasm is tough on the internet. It never hurts to lay the sarcasm on thickly. Since it involves saying the opposite of what you mean, you must make it clear that you are using sarcasm and not just being a moron, like the guy saying the Pats haven't won a superbowl in the last three years.

Sarcasm is tough on the internet. It never hurts to lay the sarcasm on thickly. Since it involves saying the opposite of what you mean, you must make it clear that you are using sarcasm and not just being a moron, like the guy saying the Pats haven't won a superbowl in the last three years.

Given how unlike ironwasp that post was, the sarcasm seemed fairly obvious to me. But, as you said, it's not always easy to tell.

Last edited:

I personally think someone thinking they are smarter than the entire Patriots brain trust because they won their fantasy league is sufficiently absurd, but
I'm attuned to the subtle sarcasm vibe.

Better to have somebody miss it, than only obvious humor IMO.

No harm, no foul.

I personally think someone thinking they are smarter than the entire Patriots brain trust because they won their fantasy league is sufficiently absurd, but
I'm attuned to the subtle sarcasm vibe.

Better to have somebody miss it, than only obvious humor IMO.
Mmm. Guess I missed the sarcasm in saying the Pats haven't won a SB in three years. Can't get 'em all.

Sarcasm is tricky. You can't go into it half-hearted without looking dumb.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again."
- Alexander Pope (1688 - 1744) in An Essay on Criticism, 1709

Mmm. Guess I missed the sarcasm in saying the Pats haven't won a SB in three years. Can't get 'em all.

Sarcasm is tricky. You can't go into it half-hearted without looking dumb.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again."
- Alexander Pope (1688 - 1744) in An Essay on Criticism, 1709

You do have to present somewhat of an argument to make it seem funny. If you don't for a second think it's real, then it isn't funny.

I don't know what you're quoting an obvious drunk for.

To be accurate, the pats haven't won a SB in 2 years.

But until and unless this FO upgrades the DBs and, most especially, the (I)LBs, the pats won't win next year's SB, either.

Maybe. Are you being super subtle here? By saying you are smarter than Belichick because he thinks he won one of the last three superbowls and you say Belichick hasn't won one of the last three, are you actually showing us that you are really dumb?

I can appreciate that.

No. The three years was obviously a mistake. So yes, dumb. The rest of it was just an attempt to send up all those who continue to think they are smarter than the Patriots, despite the mountainous evidence that they are not. For the record, I do not consider myself smarter than the Patriots.

No. The three years was obviously a mistake. So yes, dumb. The rest of it was just an attempt to send up all those who continue to think they are smarter than the Patriots, despite the mountainous evidence that they are not. For the record, I do not consider myself smarter than the Patriots.
:rolleyes: :bricks: :rofl: :p

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back