PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots are smarter than you.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
And me, of course.

The more you analyze it, the more you realize they know how to play the game and most other teams don't.

While staying competitive they conserved resources and made deals when they had to.

Worst case scenario, they were forced to take a first round pick in exchange for the bottom pick in the second round.

They saved 6 million dollars and replaced him with three Wrs drafted higher and rated much higher than him in the same draft.

All three for a fraction of the one salary.

Now some team is going to force us to accept a first and more, (I believe) for a former 4th round pick unless we can sign him.

Meanwhile, we're so far ahead of the game, we've addressed most problems and still have two #1s to use on DBs if we choose and some vet experience to help them adjust.

It's not the hand your dealt, it's how you play it.

Screw you guys!

Belichick would bluff everyone off, then eat fifty eggs.

And draft 4 QBs in the 6th round, just to mess with everyone's heads, trade Cassell for a second, trade the other three and keep one as future TB replacement.:p

what if you're dealt 2(h) K(d) 7(s) 3(c) 10(c)?

cant do much with that....

Depends on what game you're playing. If its Stud Poker, you bluff like hell and hope someone else at the table doesn't call it.

If its Hold'em, then you Fold'em.

And me, of course.

The more you analyze it, the more you realize they know how to play the game and most other teams don't.

While staying competitive they conserved resources and made deals when they had to.

Worst case scenario, they were forced to take a first round pick in exchange for the bottom pick in the second round.

They saved 6 million dollars and replaced him with three Wrs drafted higher and rated much higher than him in the same draft.

Now some team is going to force us to accept a first and more, (I believe) for a former 4th round pick unless we can sign him.

Meanwhile, we're so far ahead of the game, we've addressed most problems and still have two #1s to use on DBs if we choose and some vet experience to help them adjust.

I think the Pats might be able to get a 1st and 3rd for Samuel from someone. If the Skins come courting they'd have to offer a pretty sweet deal for us to accept the $$ demands of a #6 overall pick imo so it would have to involve more than just #6.

Last edited:
I think the Pats might be able to get a 1st and 3rd for Samuel from someone. If the Skins come courting they'd have to offer a pretty sweet deal for us to accept the $$ demands of a #6 overall pick imo so it would have to involve more than just #6.
Or a 1st this year and 2nd rounder in 2008. The team's gotta start stockpiling picks for next year. Got a ton of them this year.

Or a 1st this year and 2nd rounder in 2008. The team's gotta start stockpiling picks for next year. Got a ton of them this year.

No kidding. What the heck would we do with 3 1st round picks?

And me, of course.

Great thread title and great post. Just because we have a forum called PatsFans doesn’t give us the right to have ridiculous and grandiose thoughts. :agree:

Great thread title and great post. Just because we have a forum called PatsFans doesn’t give us the right to have ridiculous and grandiose thoughts. :agree:

Well, I'm not trying to put people down, but when we have such excellent wheeler dealers they should be appreciated.

Patience and consistency will win out in their domain as it does in the stock market or real estate. Sometimes that means resisting the urge to spend when there are no good deals.

And me, of course.

Thought you'd enjoy this rayclay:

I pulled this from a poster on the Redskins board:

"You may get him(Samuels).....But there's No Way you're screwing with New England's FO"

"Absolutely,No Way"

"They will Clown you before you ever Clown them"

kinda gives you a warm feeling.....doesn't it?

No kidding. What the heck would we do with 3 1st round picks?

I imagine we'd be wheeling and dealing.

I've got no problem with the #6 pick. We could use another playmaker on defense.

Thought you'd enjoy this rayclay:

I pulled this from a poster on the Redskins board:

"You may get him(Samuels).....But there's No Way you're screwing with New England's FO"

"Absolutely,No Way"

"They will Clown you before you ever Clown them"

kinda gives you a warm feeling.....doesn't it?

I like that so much, I'm stealing it for my sig if it fits!!

As much as there seems to be a tendency for a lot to think that a 1st rounder is in order, seems that a couple of #2's are more like it. Samuel had one good year, lot of ballhawking.. but remember at the beginning of the year that Tom Curran, said he was essentially a nickely back playing full time. Has made progress, but would be surprised if we got a #1 for him. Do not see this playing out for a long time, too many distractions around TC.. if this is really an impasse and not just posturing, suspect they will do something either right before the draft.

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with the premise of this post.

I am MUCH smarter than the Patriots. I entered two fantasy leagues last year and won both of them - one of them with Noodle Arm at QB!! I drafted well, I juggled my resources, I traded at appropriate moments and I had no players hold out on em whatsoever. Not a single one.

Compare that to the Patriots, who haven't won a Superbowl now in three years, and seem to have never-ending labour disputes with jumped-up little shi... sorry with highly-valued, loyal superstars.

In fact I can't think why they haven't given me a job. I turned down an offer to run the FO in Houston, holding out for a job in Foxborough, but I now think I might have made a serious error of judgement and that the Patriots are simply too arrogant and myopic to make me the offer I feel I deserve.

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with the premise of this post.

I am MUCH smarter than the Patriots. I entered two fantasy leagues last year and won both of them - one of them with Noodle Arm at QB!! I drafted well, I juggled my resources, I traded at appropriate moments and I had no players hold out on em whatsoever. Not a single one.

Compare that to the Patriots, who haven't won a Superbowl now in three years, and seem to have never-ending labour disputes with jumped-up little shi... sorry with highly-valued, loyal superstars.

In fact I can't think why they haven't given me a job. I turned down an offer to run the FO in Houston, holding out for a job in Foxborough, but I now think I might have made a serious error of judgement and that the Patriots are simply too arrogant and myopic to make me the offer I feel I
deserve.

Didn't you work here before Mr. Grier?

Let me check our records.

Depends on what game you're playing. If its Stud Poker, you bluff like hell and hope someone else at the table doesn't call it.

If its Hold'em, then you Fold'em.
If it's hold 'em, then I am wondering why I was dealt 5 cards.

And me, of course.

Well said Ray! The Art of War should be just one book on the required reading list for those who'd really like an appreciation of BB's organizational skills!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
And me, of course.

Well said Ray! The Art of War should be just one book on the required reading list for those who'd really like an appreciation of BB's organizational skills!:p

You can't think of this week, this deal or this year.

Adalius is just the player we want right now. Having extra cap money comes from not panicking last year when we lost a lot of players we liked.

People also forget, high draft picks and expensive FAs can fail too. The Pats gamble with cheap FAs and low picks and UDFA.

When they make a high dollar commitment, they seldom fail.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back