PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots are Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotsrule

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Just keep posting things like this and everyone will think everything is great and we'll all get along. Yeah Patriots! Go Patriots! Don't question anything they do because they are always right and you aren't a fan if you bring up any objections to the team that went 10-6 in the absolute worst division in football last year. You have no right to question a team whose every free agent move last year was absolutely horrible. You have no right I tell you! Reche Caldwell, Patrick Pass, Guss Scott. That has Super Bowl written all over it. All bow before the great and mighty Patriots. I mean, for Christ sakes, they may sign Marc Boerigter any day now. Don't worry, all is well.

patriotsrule said:
Just keep posting things like this and everyone will think everything is great and we'll all get along. Yeah Patriots! Go Patriots! Don't question anything they do because they are always right and you aren't a fan if you bring up any objections to the team that went 10-6 in the absolute worst division in football last year. You have no right to question a team whose every free agent move last year was absolutely horrible. You have no right I tell you! Reche Caldwell, Patrick Pass, Guss Scott. That has Super Bowl written all over it. All bow before the great and mighty Patriots. I mean, for Christ sakes, they may sign Marc Boerigter any day now. Don't worry, all is well.

Good, jump off the bandwagon.

PAY ATTENTION!! When have we ever signed big name FAs?! When?! in 03 and 04! We'll find our guys, good lord. People like you make me sick. Anyone can question this team, but not at THIS POINT! It's to early. If we go into the season with these SAME, EXACT holes, then this post is legitimate. Until then, calm down.

I guess you can't blame him for feeling that way. I am new to the Patriots, so I won't make any judgment on the offseason moves until I learn more about the Pats, but if I am just a regular Joe coming in and seeing all these key starters leaving, I'd be a little gloom and doom too.

edgecy said:
I guess you can't blame him for feeling that way. I am new to the Patriots, so I won't make any judgment on the offseason moves until I learn more about the Pats, but if I am just a regular Joe coming in and seeing all these key starters leaving, I'd be a little gloom and doom too.

How many "key starters"? Don't worry.

patriotsrule said:

Bye bye! Don't hurt yourself on the way down off the bandwagon.

patriotsrule said:
Yes, it is far better to be a simpering shoe peeing ninny constantly spouting off in some kind of bizarre, distorted attempt to prove what a SUPERIOR fan you are to all of us mindless sheep. "I hate EVERYthing! Because I'm SMARTER than you!"

I don't know how to make this any clearer: I trust the guys that have actually done it, three times. I trust their judgement. I trust them even when they DON'T win the Super Bowl.

I DON'T trust you. I don't trust your judgement, about professional football, not as far as I can throw it. I don't trust you've understood a freaking thing you've watched in the last six years. Your posts bear that out.

And I don't trust anybody that doesn't read your posts and tune you out completely.

patriotsrule said:

Im sorry, i didnt read all of your post, but i couldnt read anymore after the Patrick Pass comment. He is in the top 3-5 in the best hands for the FB position which is what the Pats need in their passing system. He is also able to play RB as well in a pinch...come on now, he is really good for a late 2nd day pick and is worth a lot more then what he gets paid...

I don't think anyone is thinking everything is perfect right now, I'm sure most, including me, are simply getting beyond tired of nothing but winey "the sky is falling" crap on the board every single day. People automatically assume every time the Pats lose a player or don't get a free agent it's because they low-balled him. Someone on another thread ripped the Patriots for "not even trying" to re-sign AV. Um, where was this reported? As it is, it's been said for several years that AV wanted to go to a warmer climate to extend his career. Now that it happens, people act like our front office should be hung for crimes to humanity.

You know why some of us are willing to give BB and Pioli the benefit of the doubt on things, history. Of course they've made mistakes but a lot of times (A LOT!!!!) they've been dead on right when this board was either split or completely against certain moves. Let's review.

Seymour over Terrell and Kenyatta Walker? Terrible draft pick.
Bledsoe to the Bills? Biggest mistake since selling Babe Ruth.
Cutting Milloy, and then losing 31-0? Fire BB!
A 4th rounder for Ted Washington? Total waste.
How can we win a Super Bowl with scrubs like Patten, Vrabel, Phifer, Smith and Pleasant?
Deion Branch will become the "offensive version of Chris Canty."

Should I go on?

I'm not happy with the way the offseason has gone, I hate losing players. However, I'm not stupid enough to pretend that it doesn't happen to other teams sometimes, and I'm also not going to act like we're the only team that hasn't done much in free agency. Name a difference maker the Steelers have picked up in free agency. They've lost three starters and their TD machine has retired, and besides some re-signings, all they've added is a backup DE (Rodney Bailey) and a safety from the Skins. Should their fans start killing themselves because they aren't trying hard enough to stay on top?

Let me see if I get this straight, the Pats didn't resign and aging LB, a kicker and a WR and everyone is getting out of shape. I look at the roster and we still have Tom Brady QB, Richard Seymour DL, Tedy Bruschi LB and Bill Belichick Head Coach and so on. I think that is a pretty good but that is just opinion.

I do think that some people are having an emotional overreaction to the news of our loosing: Vinateri,McGinest,Givens,Fauria,Dwight,Davis and Chatham
we did sign: Cadwell
Basically our team has been one of the best drafting and developing teams ever.
A high % of our folks make valuable contributions to the team.
Right now I think we will find someone who will fill Adams shoes next year.
We will find a couple WRs whose production will fill Givens shoes
Lastly we need to get the right guy in the draft to replace McGinest.
The rest are just role players.
Do not be surprised if we trade down in the first round to pick up an extra guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Right now we probably will have 11 picks in the draft (CP picks should be announced within a week). I bet at least 6 will make real contributions.
We will eventually grab some FAs. And we will recieve some CP picks in 2007.

Your such an idiot, we won 5/6 division games and we threw away the last game on purpose to get the Jaguars. We dominated the division, that had nothing to do with any of our losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back