PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots are ball hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots defense has most interceptions (24) in the NFL

It's always this year, that's why staying in contention year after year is the way to go. After watching a half century, I can tell you the virtual all star teams that failed and the nowhere, weird improbable teams that won. We might have the prime case in 2001.

Injuries, chemistry, weird bounces, it's always this year.

This actually could outdo 2001, due to the luck of picking up some great vets then, and the solid defensive core.

There is just no freaking way we should be doing this with a bunch rooks and 2nd year players, mostly second round picks and lower. The defensive line alone, the backbone of a 3-4, is smoke and mirrors and the incredible Hulk (incredible Fork?:D).

I love it.

Some guy named Cohen played DE for us today. WTF?

OK, I liked the young D in camp this summer and as a homer thought they;d improve by late season but IN NO WAY did I think they'd mature this fast.

Also by the time it actually went down I thought Moss' departure (I was not a Moss hater) would be addition by subtraction but no way did I expect scoring at 2007 levels. What's best of all, by mid December 2007 the Pats were tailing off barely squeaking by with Ws, the big scoring games were behind them as DCs figured how to deal with Moss. To me that December was ominous. Not this year.

What's best of all, by mid December 2007 the Pats were tailing off barely squeaking by with Ws, the big scoring games were behind them as DCs figured how to deal with Moss. To me that December was ominous. Not this year.

I've thought about that quite a bit (well, not that much!) and if you go back and watch the games, after T-Day for whatever reason they were not playing their best football.

With the exception of the GB game, this team is firing on all cylinders- especially the defense.

Last edited:

I've thought about that quite a bit (well, not that much!) and if you go back and watch the games, after T-Day for whatever reason they were not playing their best football.

With the exception of the GB game, this team is firing on all cylinders- especially the defense.

And that GB exception was just the impetus BB needed to teach this young team

And that GB exception was just the impetus BB needed to teach this young team

Yep.

FWIW since the CLE game

Offense- 37 ppg
Defense- 16.8 ppg

If that isn't peaking at the right time, I don't know what is.

It's not a negative but when you have a multi-touchdown lead against teams they usually have to air it out and you've got more INTs.

When games are close and/or teams are running the ball a lot more you tend to have fewer INTs.

Little known fact.

This is true, it does help the Patriots with this stat, but it shouldnt take away from what this defense has accomplished this year. Going into the season, experts/fans didnt think they would get 9 or 10 wins, and now they are looking to go 14-2.

As for the playoffs I dont think that the Patriots can depend on causing so many turnovers, especially in the red zone. Playoff teams and quarterbacks will be better apt to take care of the ball and not make many mistakes.

Playoff teams and quarterbacks will be better apt to take care of the ball and not make many mistakes.

complete bullshyt...just a completely ridiculous, unfounded foray into fairy tale land...exactly HOW will playoff teams be "better apt"(what the hell does that even mean?) to do any of that? Your green rats did EXACTLT that against the Colts last year, Dinerspy....Clues-R-Us just called...they have that container load of clues you ordered.

In terms of youth, the 1996 team was loaded with kids and street FAs as well.

I'd say this is moreso, but I'm sure not going player by player.

Parcells did have some excellent drafts that provided the core of 1996 and 2001 defenses.

EDIT

Actually, more credit to your point is, that core of law, Milloy, McGoo, Bruschi and Johnson were the kids in '96.

Last edited:

Yep.

FWIW since the CLE game

Offense- 37 ppg
Defense- 16.8 ppg

If that isn't peaking at the right time, I don't know what is.

Pretty awesome. That's dominance.

You are so right.

It may get a little dicey, but I BELIEVE that this team will execute and make plays in the playoffs when they count.

Time to go for #4. Anything less now is a major bummer.

I just feel like the NFL commissioner's office will try to derail the success of are beloved organization. They are going to change the rules.. they hate what the Patriots are accomplishing.. it goes against everything they tried to prevent. But its amazing that this team has a chance to really load up for the future while there already the most dominant team in the NFL. Its a thing of beauty. :singing:

This is true, it does help the Patriots with this stat, but it shouldnt take away from what this defense has accomplished this year. Going into the season, experts/fans didnt think they would get 9 or 10 wins, and now they are looking to go 14-2.

As for the playoffs I dont think that the Patriots can depend on causing so many turnovers, especially in the red zone. Playoff teams and quarterbacks will be better apt to take care of the ball and not make many mistakes.
You keep saying this even though it has been proven to be wrong.
Are you capable of learning? The last 2 seasons (and I'm sure it goes back even further) turnovers INCREASE in the playoffs.
Not to mention that there is no real evidence that we have DEPENDED ON turnovers to get the 1 seed anyway.
The best argument you can make is if there was no such thing as a turnover we go to OT vs Indy.

The defense also has the most total turnovers (36) in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes