PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots are ball hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots defense has most interceptions (24) in the NFL

I believe the Patriots have created the most turnovers in the league AND allowed the least turnovers. That's an incredible achievement...I wonder how often it's happened for a full season?
The secondary is vulnerable
Brady is a systems QB
Belichick cheats

I shall post a :) for the anal crowd

If you told me at the beginning of the year that the pats would lead the league in the INT's...i would have called you crazy..well now i seem crazy:D

If you told me at the beginning of the year that the pats would lead the league in the INT's...i would have called you crazy..well now i seem crazy:D

Especially without Bodden all season. Crazy year.

Especially without Bodden all season. Crazy year.

Thats why i am so jazzed about next year :rocker:

But we still got lots of football left in NE :D

I believe the Patriots have created the most turnovers in the league AND allowed the least turnovers. That's an incredible achievement...I wonder how often it's happened for a full season?
I wonder if they keep +/- records?

Patriots defense has most interceptions (24) in the NFL

Heard today the best turnover differential was +43 by the 83 Redskins.... Thats insane.

Last edited:

I wonder if they keep +/- records?
I believe we are now +27 which puts us at the 6th best season ever.
+31 would be 3rd best ever, +35 2nd, but the best ever was a whopping +43 by the 1983 Redskins.

Not that i don't believe you, but is there a list?
EDIT

Damned! 34 ints, 31 FR. Your number is very possible. That's killer, we likely won't match that with a game left.

1983 Washington Redskins Statistics & Players - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Very similar parallels to the 83 Skins. Scored a ton. Gave up points. Picked off a bunch of INTs. May finish with the same record.

Sure home the SBs are different.:eek:

Last edited:

Yeah profootballreference can let you run a lot of 'best ever stats'.

Too lazy to get the answer, but i just couldn't believe that +43. They could have 22 turnovers and still get it.

Thats why i am so jazzed about next year :rocker:

But we still got lots of football left in NE :D

It's funny, all season long I've been looking forward to the future because it's so bright. We've got all this young talent, and then I remember the 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of the next draft. It's ridiculous.

But today, we clinched the division and HFA and I realized that while it's just beginning, the future is here. The future is now.

The future is now.

You are so right.

It may get a little dicey, but I BELIEVE that this team will execute and make plays in the playoffs when they count.

Time to go for #4. Anything less now is a major bummer.

Last edited:

Very similar parallels to the 83 Skins. Scored a ton. Gave up points. Picked off a bunch of INTs. May finish with the same record.

Sure home the SBs are different.:eek:

Yeah, it's no accident. if you can make teams play catch up, they have to take risks. Prevent the big play and they have to move patiently up the field, or bombs away. Either way, that ball could be up for grabs, or you set traps.

Most (sorry, none:D )QBs don't have the patience and precision to move 10 yards at a time quickly like Brady.

Manning, sometimes, can hit the bomb even with a deep zone, but is not patient and precise as Brady.

The notion that these interceptions are random mistakes is just loony, I'm sorry.

Yeah, it's no accident. if you can make teams play catch up, they have to take risks. Prevent the big play and they have to move patiently up the field, or bombs away. Either way, that ball could be up for grabs, or you set traps.

Most (sorry, none:D )QBs don't have the patience and precision to move 10 yards at a time quickly like Brady.

Manning, sometimes, can hit the bomb even with a deep zone, but is not patient and precise as Brady.

The notion that these interceptions are random mistakes is just loony, I'm sorry.

Yea I've seen some of the other posts. You can see the INTs that these guys are pulling in. It's being done in a number of ways.....

-Tight coverage/great plays on the ball
-Sitting on routes
-Bating the QB

IMO it is vastly underrated how much of an impact the Patriots offense has on the opposing offense. IIRC it was 3-0 Bills and by the middle of the 2nd qtr it's 24-3. When that happens, the opposing offense needs to throw the ball more downfield and abandon the run for a bit. Well, when you are playing a defense that does not give up big plays, the game is essentially over.

Last edited:

You are so right.

It may get a little dicey, but I BELIEVE that this team will execute and make plays in the playoffs when they count.

Time to go for #4. Anything less now is a major bummer.

It's always this year, that's why staying in contention year after year is the way to go. After watching a half century, I can tell you the virtual all star teams that failed and the nowhere, weird improbable teams that won. We might have the prime case in 2001.

Injuries, chemistry, weird bounces, it's always this year.

This actually could outdo 2001, due to the luck of picking up some great vets then, and the solid defensive core.

There is just no freaking way we should be doing this with a bunch rooks and 2nd year players, mostly second round picks and lower. The defensive line alone, the backbone of a 3-4, is smoke and mirrors and the incredible Hulk (incredible Fork?:D).

I love it.

Last edited:

somehow this will be turned into a negative...how, only a Dynasty knows but it's a given

It's not a negative but when you have a multi-touchdown lead against teams they usually have to air it out and you've got more INTs.

When games are close and/or teams are running the ball a lot more you tend to have fewer INTs.

Little known fact.

Yea I've seen some of the other posts. You can see the INTs that these guys are pulling in. It's being done in a number of ways.....

-Tight coverage/great plays on the ball
-Sitting on routes
-Bating the QB

IMO it is vastly underrated how much of an impact the Patriots offense has on the opposing offense. IIRC it was 3-0 Bills and by the middle of the 2nd qtr it's 24-3. When that happens, the opposing offense needs to throw the ball more downfield and abandon the run for a bit. Well, when you are playing a defense that does not give up big plays, the game is essentially over.

Yup. If you're not Tom Brady (and youre not, we've got him:D) you have to take risks to get back in the game. No prize for losing by 2 TDs instead of 4.

It's always this year, that's why staying in contention year after year is the way to go. After watching a half century, I can tell you the virtual all star teams that failed and the nowhere, weird improbable teams that won. We might have the prime case in 2001.

Injuries, chemistry, weird bounces, it's always this year.

This actually could outdo 2001, due to the luck of picking up some great vets then, and the solid defensive core.

There is just no freaking way we should be doing this with a bunch rooks and 2nd year players, mostly second round picks and lower. The defensive line alone, the backbone of a 3-4, is smoke and mirrors and the incredible Hulk (incredible Fork?:D).

I love it.

I like Incredible Fork :D

And it's amazing what we're getting by with on the DL right now. As Reiss pointed out, we started in our 4-2-5 sub, so the DL consisted of:

- Eric Moore, UFL
- The Incredible Fork
- Landon Cohen, signed this week
- Tully Banta-Cain

Last edited:

I love it.

In terms of youth, the 1996 team was loaded with kids and street FAs as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey