"The Patriots and We" video on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_in_sunnyvale

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If this has been already posted, my apologies...

I can't believe I stumbled across this while looking for Pats 1985 playoff stuff on YouTube. It's a very poorly encoded video of "The Patriots and We". This should have been a sign that the Pats were going to get crushed by the Bears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKiuhnmDbY

Regards,
Chris

Very high on the unintentional comedy scale... but a treasured memory nevertheless.

That was awful, but in the best way! Thanks for posting.

How funny is it to see the brothers trying to groove to that? Hilarious.

Painful, painful memory. I remember January 1986 and feeling so ashamed at that - - even more so than the game. Just made me embarrassed to be from New England.

The people responsible for that video should have been deported to the Eastern Bloc within days of that hitting the air.

Nice Try

Good intention . . . quickly made . . . but far short of "We are the Bears"
But the video softens the otherwise painful memories of the actual game.

Patriotic said:
Good intention . . . quickly made . . . but far short of "We are the Bears"
But the video softens the otherwise painful memories of the actual game.

I wouldn't even go there! :) Prior to Super Bowl XX the big screen at the Super Dome aired the Pats video, "The Patriots and We", to very little fanfare Immediately following it, the "Super Bowl Shuffle" came on and the crowd erupted. The Pats were outdone even before the game started!

After watching that video all the way through I swear there was another one out there in '85. It had a more folksy/twangy sound it and sang all of the Patriots players names (I distinctly remember the rhyme about "Lippett and Tippett" (that was before everybody learned that it was LippETT).
Anyone out there remember that song???

Embarrasing

chris_in_sunnyvale said:
If this has been already posted, my apologies...

I can't believe I stumbled across this while looking for Pats 1985 playoff stuff on YouTube. It's a very poorly encoded video of "The Patriots and We". This should have been a sign that the Pats were going to get crushed by the Bears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKiuhnmDbY

Regards,
Chris

by far the most embarrassing moment in Patriots history. losing 46-10 wasnt nearly as awful as that video.

It goes on and on... we need a throwup smilie...

We could laugh about it now, and how cheesy this was made... Mike Lynch, and John Dennis in it.... If they were the St Louis Pats, or we have not won 3 out 5 Super Bowls.. It was not funny... But it was pure 80's cheese... Craig James " we march proud with coach ray Berry"

Spencer" aka dantanta aka robert urich" there the champs of the afc"

irving fryer " we will beat the bears 100-3

Rod Rust says the key is the d

Last edited:
Murphys95 said:
After watching that video all the way through I swear there was another one out there in '85. It had a more folksy/twangy sound it and sang all of the Patriots players names (I distinctly remember the rhyme about "Lippett and Tippett" (that was before everybody learned that it was LippETT).
Anyone out there remember that song???

I remember this one too. Didn't it go something like "we squished the fish and we raided the raiders and we beat the jets now we're in the Super Bowl"?

Wow that was tight I don't understand how we lost.

QuickOutGo said:
I remember this one too. Didn't it go something like "we squished the fish and we raided the raiders and we beat the jets now we're in the Super Bowl"?

Glad I wasn't just imagining that! :) I can't remember too much about it, but that line sounds familiar too.

Murphys95 said:
Glad I wasn't just imagining that! :) I can't remember too much about it, but that line sounds familiar too.

Berry the Bears
Not copyrighted 1986

Bears
Time to Berry the Bears
Try us if you dare
Now it time to tear
Chicago out of our hair
Come out of your lair
It's time - time to Berry the Bears

Pats
James got the moves
Eason's got the arm
Holloway's got the charm
Nelson & Tippett got brains
Hannah can take the pain
It's time - time to Berry the Bears

Berry took this talent and made it a team
Now it's time for all of us to get up and scream

(SCREAM)

(pseudo-rap)
Ok people, now it's time
We soared over the Jets
We raided the Raiders
We Squished the Fish
And now it's time to Berry the Bears

(repeat chorus)

Last edited by a moderator:
That may be the single longest song with fewer than 10 lyrics in history. And now it's stuck in my head!

I dare not even listen to that video. It took many years for the lyrics to leave my head. I fear if I was to listen to it there would be many sessions of therapy ahead. That was one of those songs that sucked so bad. For some reason years later I will be working or going someplace and that dread awful song will still chime in my head. I don't know why either,it was just horrid.

I think there was also one for about a week that just went "we must squish the fish, we must squish the fish." Not much else to it. I was up there for a cross-train, when we did the send-off "squish the fish" rally, and they were playing that on the radio.

"And now, prefering to boogie as a team, the New England Patriots..."

PFnV

My God, I just realized...

We did better that year than in 05. Why doesn't it feel that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back