PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots agree to a one-year deal with free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Patriots agree to a one-year deal with free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallwo

Solid production with us in '07. That gives us two deep threats lining up on the outside and a lot of self righteous people on this forum suddenly rethinking their opinions. It also should spell the end for the Ocho experiment as he is due to earn $3M this season.

Re: The Patriots agree to a one-year deal with free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallwo

Nope. You can designate 2 players cut prior to June 1 as June 1 cuts allowing you to spread the cap hit over two seasons (as long as there are two or more remaining). Been that way for a while, stayed that way in the new CBA.

Thanks for the clarification.

That will definitely be Chad Ochocino then...I take back my previous post.

Perhaps Welker is going to get traded. I honestly feel that way.

That would be a GIGANTIC mistake.

Josh McDaniels: "I'm putting the band back together."

Bill Belichick: "Forget it. No way."

Josh McDaniels: "I'm on a mission from God."

What's the Difference between Donte Stallworth - Ocho and Branch....it's easy Speed Donte is still Faster than both. Teams still have respect his outside Speed. Donte did his job in this Offense not great but we almost had a perfect season that year.:(

Camp Fodder

I will be shocked if he is good enough to beat out other WRs to get on this roster by August.

Unless he makes a miraculous comeback,his ship sailed years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoLewisrocks View Post
Nope. You can designate 2 players cut prior to June 1 as June 1 cuts allowing you to spread the cap hit over two seasons (as long as there are two or more remaining). Been that way for a while, stayed that way in the new CBA.

Thanks for the clarification.

That will definitely be Chad Ochocino then...I take back my previous post.

While it would make sense financially, I think that would be a terrible precedent to set of asking someone to re-negotiate their contract and then not even let them compete for a job. I think that would reflect extremely poorly on the franchise and I can't see it happening without getting more details on the situation.

Camp fodder with little to no hope to make the team?

Try WR1. I see 90/1500/12 for Senor Stallworth this season.

In week 14 he had 4 for 96yds against us but is that saying much.:D

Which, Stallworth? I dunno, i think he has more in the tank than David Patten did when he re-signed.

So, are these guys getting signed for competition at training camp? or does this mean Branch, Ocho are being released? The Patriots mind**** me, I don't understand anything anymore.

As long as we don't bring back Maroney, I'm cool with whoever from 2007 comes back.

The key element was mentioned earlier in this thread and bears repeating. This is nothing more than getting more quality competition at WR- Instead of having 6 guys competing for 5 positions, we will have 9 guys competing for 5 positions. Should be interesting and a lot of fun. Those 9 guys better be VERY competitive if they want to end up on this team.

As long as we don't bring back Maroney, I'm cool with whoever from 2007 comes back.

No i like him better on Dancing with the stars.:D

I wonder if some of these personnel moves at WR have to do with Josh McDaniels being the OC. He likes the spread offense. Just a thought.

Good point.

I do not like Josh McDouchey one bit, by the way. I hope he's grown up since he left the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back