PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots agree to a one-year deal with free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Patriots agree to a one-year deal with free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallwo

starting to get confused here.

Don't worry.. it'll work itself out during training camp. The best 7 will end up on the roster in time for regular season.

Re: The Patriots agree to a one-year deal with free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallwo

Going to make camp competition pretty intense.

Usually camp is filled with super stiff camp fodder that you know that will be cut. (Farnham, Jenkins, Barnes, etc.)

This year, it could look like this:

Welker, Lloyd, Branch, Ocho, Gonzalez, Stallworth, Edelman, Slater, rookie, rookie

Reche Caldwell's eyes just bulged over this signing.

I can see Branch being a shadow roster type player in case none of these guys give BB confidence in camp. Assuming Lloyd fits in, after him and Welker you have:

Underwood - Meh

Ocho - Big meh.

Gonzalez - Major health concerns

Stallworth - Lost snaps to Gaffney five years ago by season's end. If his wheels have slowed, is he a good enough route runner to be a WR3 in this offense?

Edelman - Love his versatility, but he's not a WR3.

Slater - ST only.

When it all shakes out, Branch may end up back with us during the preseason, because he's still a more sure thing than any of the above is today.

I'm guessing Gonzo/Stallworth/Branch/Ochoc Cinco will fight for one or possibly two roster spots. Ocho is cheap to keep when you factor in the cap hit they'd take if they cut him so he still has a chance to make it.

I guess it doesn't hurt but wow 2007 all over again.

2007- Welker,Moss,Stallworth
2012- Gonzalez,Lloyd,Stallworth

I think we're doing to our WR corps this off season what we did to our Defensive line last off season. I just hope we get a couple Andre Carters and Mark Andersons out of this and not a bunch of Albert Haynesworths.

Goes to show we don't know how BB thinks.:bricks:

Jeff Howe ‏ @jeffphowe
Just talked to Donte Stallworth. On his one-year deal with the Patriots, he told me, "I'm smiling ear to ear."

Hey, good for him. You like players who want to be here.

When i saw the headline I honestly assumed something on patsfans had screwed up and I was back looking at 2007 threads.

Um, ok. It's only a year, so no big deal.

Last edited:

Well i'm pretty sure the acquisition of 3 FA WRs indicates BB knows just HOW TERRIBLE the unit was outside of welker last year

I don't understand this signing.....been there, done that. Hmmm.....you just 'gotta beleive the draft is going to be all Defense.

Maybe, just maybe. BB sees an opportunity to make a move up in the draft and make a splash. So with less draft picks, he needs to fill most of the holes in FA before the big move.....:eek:

1 year deal. Good move.

Cya Chad. Hardily knew you.

Remember how well he played against the Patriots? BB likes to sign players who play well against the Pats (as people keep saying on here!)

Whaaat...?

Um, Stallworth was a mild dissapointment in '07. His playing time got cut in half once Jabar Gaffney pretty much took over his role. So, why do we want Stallworth back? He was a poor fit.

Oh, speaking of Gaffney; he'll most likley be a Cap casuality in Wash. Should we sign him and watch him take over Donte's role again?

Or is this just a low-money signing who might not even make it past training camp?

**** you Laron Landry.

The man is responsible for my single favorite play fron the '07 season (touchdown against Dallas where he chucked the DB). So give him a shot!

BB: Hey, anyone wanna catch balls from Tom Brady?

WRs: ME!

BB: Ok, but we can only pay you 3 dollars per game.

WRs: YAY!

Wes Welker: :mad:

Last edited:

I frimly believed that Branch was not going to be resigned and it's just a matter of time before Ocho is gone. So we can honestly say WR will be a NEED. I still want a Rookie WR via the Draft First or Second Round.

And this just in from the newswire ....

The New England Patriots have traded wide receiver Chad "Ochostinko" Johnson to the Washington Redskins for wide receiver Jabar Gaffney.

Just kidding! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back