PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The ' Patriot ' Way Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of great things have been said about this team and how they do it the Patriot way, as a Team. Well I never stop watching the Rams Super Bowl because for me that's the best of them all. And who can forget that moment before the game when the announcer loudly said : The AFC Champions will be introduced as The New England Patriots ! No individuals, just a Team. Do you all remember that moment ? Since than, other teams have began to copy but that will always be The Patriot Way forever. Just wanted to take you all back memory lane ! Guess going to have to go and watch that moment again now , still brings a smile to my face. Peace. Abdul

I was at SB XXXVI. We (Pats) sat there and listened to the smack from the Rams fans. They all told us Issac Bruce this, Tory Holt that, Marshall Faulk blah blah blah. Then you hear Pat Summerall "choosing to be introduced as a team..." and that was the end of the trash talk. The look on their faces changed drastically. All of a sudden, they knew they were in for a fight. The trading of Moss signified a return to the Patriot Way... A return to the core values that are the hallmark of football played down on Route 1. No longer do they beat up everyone like bullies, as they did in 2007. They don't win pretty, but they win with good solid football and great coaching. I am excited to see how the remainder of the season plays out.

Lots of great things have been said about this team and how they do it the Patriot way, as a Team. Well I never stop watching the Rams Super Bowl because for me that's the best of them all. And who can forget that moment before the game when the announcer loudly said : The AFC Champions will be introduced as The New England Patriots ! No individuals, just a Team. Do you all remember that moment ? Since than, other teams have began to copy but that will always be The Patriot Way forever. Just wanted to take you all back memory lane ! Guess going to have to go and watch that moment again now , still brings a smile to my face. Peace. Abdul

I was away at college during that Super Bowl and hosted the SB party. Most people there didn't know who to cheer for at first, but everyone thought it was very cool to see the Pats come out as a team.

One of my favorite memories from that game was that first hit Tebucky Jones laid on some Rams receiver to set the tone for the game. It was greatness.

Good thread

Nikolai

Great topic... brings back a ton of good memories...

I remember about half way (maybe later) through the season, I was talking to my brother-in-law. He is a die-hard Steeler fan and (everyone is where I grew up) I was saying that if this team gets a Bye that they would be tough. I remember each week trying to figure out the mathematic possibilities of the team getting a Bye (Oakland led up until the last week of the season I believe). I just had a good feeling about that season. But at the same time I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and things to end badly.

During the Oakland game I remember being so bummed thinking that the Woodson strip sack had ended the game, I was so pissed. And then the complete jubilation that the game after the call was reversed.

My uncle Jim (die-hard Steeler fan) died shortly before the AFCCG game and his funeral was the day after. I watched that game with a very somber mood. It was one of the only games that I was actually OK with a Patriots loss figuring that at least he would have been happy about it. It was like everyone in America was expecting Kordell to screw up at some point and finally the Patriots took advantage of it to seal the game.

As for the Super Bowl when the Patriots did come out as a team I thought to myself, "We have a chance." I kept in the back of my mind if the D could play physical against the "Greatest Show on Turf." And the O could just put up enough points to keep the game close. After the Law interception the reality started to settle in and it was just a matter of keeping Warner and Co. from catching up. After the AdamV field goal it was just pure euphoria, I don't ever remember feeling anything that dramatic after a sporting event. I let it soak in for about 15-20 minutes. Then it was time to call all of my Steeler fan friends/family and gloat! :D

Sorry for the trip down memory lane :p

I agree. I'll share another; The Pats are up at halftime in SB XXXVI. U2 comes out and does their thing. The names projected on the big screen, as well as those of us in attendance. U2 finishes "Streets", there's not a dry eye in the building. Here we are, 30 minutes of football away from hoisting Lombardi, and I couldv'e cared less. Give me more U2. I could go on and on...so many memories. I'll need to write a post on it if they get that far this season.

I wonder if we are all thinking the same thing...that this team may have some of the same qualities that that '01 team did? I am sure many of us figured 'rebuilding/transission/bridge' this year. It seems we are playing with house money thus far. This is certainly a team that fans can get behind. Imagine; if they win this weekend, and just split with Pittsburgh and Indy, they'll be 8-2. I am sure none of us thought that possible. :rocker:

I agree. I'll share another; The Pats are up at halftime in SB XXXVI. U2 comes out and does their thing. The names projected on the big screen, as well as those of us in attendance. U2 finishes "Streets", there's not a dry eye in the building. Here we are, 30 minutes of football away from hoisting Lombardi, and I couldv'e cared less. Give me more U2. I could go on and on...so many memories. I'll need to write a post on it if they get that far this season.

That was the best halftime show I've ever seen...actually, it's the only one I've ever seen. It was very moving.

Unfortunately, it was undone a bit. I was watching it in another country and when Bono revealed the American flag, there were some sneers in the room. That irked me, but other than that, what a great night!

I remember about half way (maybe later) through the season, I was talking to my brother-in-law. He is a die-hard Steeler fan and (everyone is where I grew up) I was saying that if this team gets a Bye that they would be tough. I remember each week trying to figure out the mathematic possibilities of the team getting a Bye (Oakland led up until the last week of the season I believe). I just had a good feeling about that season. But at the same time I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and things to end badly.

During the Oakland game I remember being so bummed thinking that the Woodson strip sack had ended the game, I was so pissed. And then the complete jubilation that the game after the call was reversed.

My uncle Jim (die-hard Steeler fan) died shortly before the AFCCG game and his funeral was the day after. I watched that game with a very somber mood. It was one of the only games that I was actually OK with a Patriots loss figuring that at least he would have been happy about it. It was like everyone in America was expecting Kordell to screw up at some point and finally the Patriots took advantage of it to seal the game.

As for the Super Bowl when the Patriots did come out as a team I thought to myself, "We have a chance." I kept in the back of my mind if the D could play physical against the "Greatest Show on Turf." And the O could just put up enough points to keep the game close. After the Law interception the reality started to settle in and it was just a matter of keeping Warner and Co. from catching up. After the AdamV field goal it was just pure euphoria, I don't ever remember feeling anything that dramatic after a sporting event. I let it soak in for about 15-20 minutes. Then it was time to call all of my Steeler fan friends/family and gloat! :D

Sorry for the trip down memory lane :p

that happy/sad story brought a tear to my eye. thanks !

I wonder if we are all thinking the same thing...that this team may have some of the same qualities that that '01 team did? I am sure many of us figured 'rebuilding/transission/bridge' this year. It seems we are playing with house money thus far. This is certainly a team that fans can get behind. Imagine; if they win this weekend, and just split with Pittsburgh and Indy, they'll be 8-2. I am sure none of us thought that possible. :rocker:

I look at this offense more like the 2003 team...of course the defenses are hugely different (for now) although both share the same tough, opportunistic characteristics. Also its the way we win, in 2003 we had a hell of a lot of wins...not a lot of them came easy or by means of a blow out. I admit I'm probably more excited than I've been in a while, seeing such similarities with the championship teams.

Last edited:
I was at SB XXXVI. We (Pats) sat there and listened to the smack from the Rams fans. They all told us Issac Bruce this, Tory Holt that, Marshall Faulk blah blah blah. Then you hear Pat Summerall "choosing to be introduced as a team..." and that was the end of the trash talk. The look on their faces changed drastically. All of a sudden, they knew they were in for a fight. The trading of Moss signified a return to the Patriot Way... A return to the core values that are the hallmark of football played down on Route 1. No longer do they beat up everyone like bullies, as they did in 2007. They don't win pretty, but they win with good solid football and great coaching. I am excited to see how the remainder of the season plays out.

I was at that game too...We were sitting on the Rams side and were surrounded by Rams fans.

The debate that week had been whether the Patriots would do it and if the NFL would let them. So we were sitting there unsure whether they would come out as a team. And when they did we were going so nuts we confused the Rams fans around us they didnt get why we were acting as if we won already. But it was just so cool to see our guys forgo their biggest moment in the spotlight for a team introduction. It more than anything symbolized the Patriot Way perfectly and I really think it had something to do with the swagger the D played with.

Has any team even done individual announcements since then? Seems like everybody comes out as a team now.

Has any team even done individual announcements since then? Seems like everybody comes out as a team now.

You can bet the message was hammered home to every team that night. Suddenly doing dances down the aisle as your name was called looked so pathetic and ridiculous.

I look at this offense more like the 2003 team...of course the defenses are hugely different (for now) although both share the same tough, opportunistic characteristics. Also its the way we win, in 2003 we had a hell of a lot of wins...not a lot of them came easy or by means of a blow out. I admit I'm probably more excited than I've been in a while, seeing such similarities with the championship teams.

I have to agree with this, this team reminds me more of the 2003 team than 2001. The 2002 season kinda made the previous season look like a "flash in a pan", and the whole Lawyer Milloy release/blowout loss to Buffalo to start the season only seemed to reinforce it. It was quite poetic to end the regular season with a blowout win over Buffalo by the exact same score, and then go on to beat down the record setting Colts offense in the playoffs enroute to their second Super Bowl title. In both 2001 and 2003, you could literally see the team getting better and better every game, and that's what I'm seeing this year.

I remember as Brady marched them down the field slowly inching towards field goal range we were all crouched about a foot away from the tv screen and we were all holding our breaths as the kick went up, after it went through it was pandemonium, I remember floating home that night (that may have been more than just the game :D)

I remember as Brady marched them down the field slowly inching towards field goal range we were all crouched about a foot away from the tv screen and we were all holding our breaths as the kick went up, after it went through it was pandemonium, I remember floating home that night (that may have been more than just the game :D)

From our vantage point in the Super Dome, we were soooo far away, Adam looked like a flea, he was so small. He might as well been in Mississippi, kicking that FG. All that Red Sox blood in my viens, screaming 'it's choke time'... and then in one cathartic moment...:rocker:

On a semi-related note, an interesting comment by Robert Kraft:

Browns not a tough sell - BostonHerald.com

“What’s fun is I walk through the locker room and you see them talking football,” Kraft said. “It’s all football. I think of last year and I never really had the feeling in the locker room that it was all business, all the time.”

On a semi-related note, an interesting comment by Robert Kraft:
“What’s fun is I walk through the locker room and you see them talking football,” Kraft said. “It’s all football. I think of last year and I never really had the feeling in the locker room that it was all business, all the time.”

That is a major relief for this fan. After all the past locker room talk about Brady's hair, cost of various hair plug treatments and Giselle's tips on the best shampoos and conditioners to use and so on, it's comforting to know it's back to football talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back