PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriot Ketchup analogy

Status
Not open for further replies.
DB you should rename yourself "Pompous Douche Bag". Every post you are trying to correct someone with your opinion. You just got angry cause I stated my opinion and you resorted to name calling. Your wound to tight my friend. This was a theoretical conversation piece to stir debate that IF the Pats dont replenish their roster eventually it will catch up to them. Maybe you follow your name sakes the Bruins. Let all your stars go and try to replace them with second tier players. I love the Pats/BB/Pioli but IF they simply rely on these second tier players this FA season I will be concerned.

R_T26 said:
First off people are underating Woodson. When healthy he's better then anything we got. Last year people probably thought Starks was better value then Ken Lucas. If the Pats signed Woodson people would love the deal. Its funny how when the Pats sign Terrell or trade for Starks people get excited and think being in this system they will be productive, but Woodson has better talent and been more productive then both of them. And as for when the Pats got Harrison and Colvin, yes they were a week into free agency, but that team hadnt lost Law, McGinest, Givens. The Patriots need to improve upon last years roster in order to win a Super Bowl, now they are in the position where they have to make several moves just to get back to that level. I trust BB/Pioli but they are not perfect, and we cant expect every guy to be the next Vrabel. Think about the moves that worked:

Poole (2003 @ least)-but was put in a secondary with 2 all pros
Dillon-Proven Player
Harrison-Proven Player
Colvin-Proven Player
Washington-Proven Player
Traylor-Proven Player

And this year has taught me the salary cap is bogus and should not be feared.

1 week ago the Redskins were going to have to cut their whole team-now they are going to sign half the free agents on the market. No deal in the NFL will ruin your franchise, its ok to take chances once in a while. Like I said before when the Pats were adding Free agents, they were adding them to a solid core, now that core is dwindling. Patriot fans seem to think every good player is overated/overpriced because they know the Pats wont go after them, but if they signed these guys people will be excited. One of the most exciting times was after 2002 because you were confident they were going to be good. Its so early in FA, and I know im over reacting, but the Pats need to build a new core.

David Patten Joe Andruzzi Bobby Hamilton Mike Vrabel {Roman Phifer and Antowain Smith=proven but not expensive}

If you're going to name players to prove your point, these players disprove it.

And three rings.

And why are we to evaluate Woodson only "when healthy", while not applying the same conditions to Starks, Poole, Chad Scott, Dillon and Harrison??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye