Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Party of No Says No to the Party

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

What's with this guy? Isn't the House Speaker the second person in line to assume the presidency should something happen to both the president and the vice president? Shouldn't he make himself at least somewhat acquainted with state functions and foreign relations?

Ok, so he didn't want to sit down and talk about the new congress when the president invited him to dinner - and he had to attend a fund raising ****tail party on the night he got invited to fly on Air Force 1 to attend the Tuscon Memorial - but saying no to attending the state dinner with the president of China?

Give me a break. Tell me again that this is no longer the "Party of No."

Boehner declines state dinner invite - AMIE PARNES & KARIN TANABE | POLITICO CLICK
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    Yeah ...

why show respect for Hu Jintao while he holds down the value of the yuan vs the dollar by as much as 40%. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is Barry going to bow to a man that helps keep our country in a recession.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It is being widely reported by many credible sources that he did not go because his handlers did not want him to cry when he saw the leader of a powerful country..

The Pretenders..
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Obama's so divisive... :rolleyes:
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey

So is Obama going as Barry or barack?
  6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

7. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

not sure what that means
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -4

My Jersey:

While America has been busy with it's Politically Correct Social Agenda's (sex) electing a leader based on his looks (racism) waging wars that will never be won, allowing 12 million illegal alien criminals to invade our country bringing their drugs and degenerates with them, allowing a congress with a tooth sucking wretch of a women (Pelosi) leading them to pass laws in the middle of the night behind closed locked doors then come out grinning and as much as tell the American people who elected them to "go and f-ck themselves" while America and many in the Left Wing Liberal Media have been spending much of their money and time on trying to Destroy one woman and her whole family little children included (The Palins) while Crazy Loony America has been worrying about Same Sex Humping LOOK WHAT CHINA HAS BEEN DOING.

Instead of kissing China's ass we should be worrying about them, if The Muslims don't get us first China will, Good Work Mr Speaker, F-ck China.

FT.com / FT series / In depth - A strategy to straddle the planet
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -4

My Jersey:

Also,
    I find it amazing how Left Wing Liberals who are supposed to be so kind, gentle and caring seem to fall madly in love with such "Human Rights Abusers" as China & Islam.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -4

My Jersey:

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You fell for it, that was from a previous experience.. check out the backdrop.. it is an old picture..

Drudge has done his job.. and another idiot fell for it.. some call this the ability to be a critical thinker..
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -4

My Jersey:

He'll do it again, Bush "Kissed" the Arabs maybe Obama will kiss this guy at the dinner.....

:bricks:
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

No, that's what we're thinking when we see media outlets posting outdated pictures and gullible readers who reprint them and pawn them off as today's news.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  14. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Don't worry.

We've graduated up from Stretch Pelosi. She's stellar, isn't she?

Boehner has views more in line with the rest of the center-right country.
  15. DropKickFlutie

DropKickFlutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

China raised its currency 20% from 2006-2008, the trade imbalance didn't improve at all...

Even if China increased its currency 500%, American multi-nationals would then just set up shop in Vietnam or Malaysia, NOT in the United States.

The problem isn't China, it's with American multi-national corporations, deficit spending, and deficit trading (with everybody not just China).
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  16. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Which country is that?
  17. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

That would be this one.
  18. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Was the headline over at Drudgereport right about this party? Were they really serving $400 bottles of wine?
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

According to anybody other than the Republicans and Fox?
  20. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If that's what they reported, it's a clear example of how disingenuous their "reporting" is. The wine that I read was served with the main course currently can be found at close to $200 at many retailers. The $400 price was the highest at winesearcher-- and it just happened to be at the one store I saw mentioned w/regard to price in an article.

You then need to consider what the price was when bought, since my guess is they didn't send an intern out to all retailers around DC last week to gather up enough bottles :)
  21. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Drudge engaging in disengenuous reporting, oh the horrors and I thought:confused::confused::confused:
  22. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

Try any poll from where people are asked about how they view themselves politically, perhaps a trip to say Gallup's website would be in order for you.
  23. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You may not like it Chico, but it is what it is pal. What "center-right" means specifically, is obviously going to vary from person to person, and saying we're center-right doesn't mean that everyone is center-right. It simply means that in a general, or generic sense, the majority of Americans are to the right of center. Again, in a general sense.
  24. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I know what it is supposed to mean, but I'm skeptical that it's true.
  25. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

:) shocking, huh?
  26. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So you've got nothing. No poll in particular, plus the fact that what you've suggested (how people view themselves) isn't necessarily the same as reality (how people actually think).

Nothing surprising from you there, 13 -- well done.

EDIT: btw, this points out that there are actually 2 questions here. The first, and much harder to determine, involves what right and left really mean, and where people truly fall on that scale. Since that's not so simple, I'd be fine with evidence of self-identification, as you proposed -- even though it's fairly meaningless in terms of actual views and political beliefs.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  27. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

A couple of things come to mind then.

$200 then? WTF is that all about. That pisses me off just the same.

It might be disengenuous and it might not be. What does the wine cost in the area where the party was? I know when we buy wine, the the prices on the net aren't usually available to us locally in Massachusetts.

My guess to is that the party was likely catored, which means they probably paid a lot more than the retail price we might see on Google. Regardless though, $200 a bottle? Can you imagine what these parties cost day in and day out? This isn't on Obama either. This is systematic I'd bet. This is how every administration does it, or has done it. Anyone who thinks the Bush Administration was ordering Riuniti and using plastic cups needs to have their heads examined. I'd love to see a FOIA request for the invoices to some of these lavish parties our government has been hosting for the last 20-30 years.
  28. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Your guess is wrong it was done in the White House Kitchens.. no that it makes any difference, but security is paramount..
  29. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'm guessing the White House has a wine cellar and has for many decades -- and it should, really. That's why I said the $200 retail cost probably is irrelevant as well. They likely bought this when it was released a few years ago. No idea of the cost then, but I'd guess it was under $100.

There may be lavish expensive parties that aren't justified, but I'm OK with an elaborate affair for the leaders of China, and this probably is an appropriate wine for this kind of event (fantastic wine, US maker), imo.
  30. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I bet they do (and agree they should). I didn't know if this was some large party at a ballroom, or a more private dinner inside the WH. At any rate, I doubt a wine from 2006, or 2005, was under $100 a couple of years ago, and is now $200-400. Still, I don't even want the gubmit buying $100 bottles of wine. They might be heads of state, but they aren't celebrities dishing out their personal cash on an esquisite meal or lavish party. They are government elected politicians spending our money. I don't expect them to serve Riuniti or the Earnest & Julio Gallo thay my dad bought by the gallon when we were 'po back in the day, but triple digit wine to me is too lavish. I can only imagine what we the people have been paying for the last 30 years.

I know what some people will say. That these are important meetings, and that a couple of hundred dollars per bottle of wine is nothing when you're making deals for hundreds of billions, or potentially trillions of dollars. As a business man I totally understand that logic. I guess my peev here, and I'm not all up in arms btw, just making a point more or less, comes back to their being elected officials. When you have 10% unemployment, or trillions in debt like we've have for the better part of 10-20 years, it's hard for me to not get annoyed at hearing about $200-400 bottles of wine being served at dinner. I guess it's fair to say that I'd be running a much more modest operation were I in charge. I'd be serving something like Berringer Knights Valley Cabernet, and maybe Santa Cristina Pinot Grigio for those who prefer white. Ugh, white wine. [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011