Welcome to PatsFans.com

The partisanship here is nauseating

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Feb 27, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Maybe it's all part of politics and should be expected on a political board, but I am still nauseated by the partisanship contained in most comments here on this board.

With a few exceptions, it seems people would rather think collectively rather than decide on issues on their own. I just can't see how anyone can consistently see every issue on party lines. To me, it's stupidity, but that's just me.

I could care less about democrats and republicans....seriously, it's just not important to our nation or our future.

I see some members talk as if "hey, I'm proud to be a "insert party here"". I think if one thinks that way, they're idiots. Because right and wrong are not exclusive to party thinking. We need to grow up as a nation.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm a pro gun control Republican - does that help ?
  3. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I just think that people are fools if they believe that obama is any different than any other politician of the last 50 years
  4. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Although most of the time I vote Republican, I consider myself more conservative. I don't trust most politicians in Washington.

Although I did agree with Bush on many issues, I was disappointed on a number of fronts. No backbone when it came to government spending, illegal immigration, perscription drugs entitlements, etc.

Our government used to serve us, now it's become a behemouth demanding it be served. Both Reps and Dems are to blame.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +193 / 4 / -6

Most of us here are liberal, conservative, libertarian, or centrist, not strictly Democrat or Republican. But, if you're like me, a liberal, then you certainly prefer the Democrats and are as happy with Obama as Republicans were with Reagan. It doesn't mean that Obama can do no wrong or that he makes every Democrat good; it simply means that he's pretty liberal.
  6. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I completely agree. It's why I don't really post too much anymore, though I do come here every single day and read. It's par for the course in some respects, as you have to expect in a political forum there's going to be people committed to their ideology. And that's when a lot of the problem comes in.

It's just ridiculous to me when Rs could and Ds could endorse the same bill at different time, and depending on the party sponsoring the bill at the time, I could list the people here arguing for/against it.

I consider myself an independent leaning conservative and libertarian, though I think philosophies have to bend to account for the practicality needed in the real world.
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Excellent point (in bold) above Army!
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +550 / 2 / -9

Racism & Iraq elected him, the whole world knows it, the only person with the courage to say it was Geraldine Ferraro, they crucified her for it (racism destroyed pant suit hillary)

The Dingobats don't care what he says or what he does, Prince Obama is their "Feel Good Poster Boy" they cry, their legs tingle and they faint over him, Maureen Dowd of the NY Times says "she has orgasms in her sleep over him"
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Funny PR I don't remember the same wrenching concern about partisanship when Bush was in office. ;0
  10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

If you REALLY wanted to review my post history, you'd find that I've often posted threads on this very topic. Especially when we were in the heat of the campaign. So, you're wrong on your point.

I always get the same answer....it's what politics is all about. I guess I don't agree with that point. I feel politics is about the issues and right and wrong. Genuine opinions aren't the same as forming ones opinion based upon party affiliation. I could give a rat's a.s.s about the party I belong to.

But that's just me.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm sick of the partisanship crap, too.....I blame the liberal Republicans and the conservative Democrats!....oh, and the Constitution Party wierdos....and let's not forget the PFJ - or was that the JPF?
  12. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I've posted the same sentiments several times here. But, I think it starts with the partisan networks that can't see past their own bias.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think you are missing the meat of politics, the debate. I enjoy someone who sticks by their guns, and is also willing to admit when they are wrong. I know I have had to admit I was wrong in this forum, and learned a lot each time.

For me, its issue by issue and not party by party. But lately its been pretty crazy with partisan politcis, especially from the fringe republicans. Some in the republican party seem to be hedging bets on the collapse of the economy for political gain. So they can say, "I told you so" when most of them were in the political position to push bad loans and deregualte the markets. to me thats UNAMERICAN.

It feels as if the republican leadership is still dragging the fear this administration mentality. I could respect that if they were honest about the Bush years...but...They werent.

and quite frankly, they have been little b!tchez for the first 30-ish days that Obama has been in office.
  14. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Glad to see you're not biased. :rofl:
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Kinda my pooint, that you are missing.....shocker.

I'm not usually biased, but in this specific case, the line in the sand is so deeply drawn by morons, I feel the need to defend. Which shouldn't be the case. In a normal world I should just be able to shout "SCOREBOARD" at people who chant for Presidential failure based on future speculative victories as a result of a failed nation.

Its senseless.

I don't recall ever wishing for Bush to fail, or hoping the nation struggled so I could say I told you so. Bush failed on his own, and the nation is now struglling because of neoconservative policies. Its a fuked up stance that the republican leadership is taking. And you all eat it up.

so from now on....

SCOREBOARD!
  16. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Scoreboard? OK. Some in the democratic party seemed to have been hedging their bets on the collapse of the economy and failure in Iraq for political gain. So they can say, "I told you so" when most of them were in the political position to push bad loans (The roots of this crisis go back to the Carter administration. That was when government officials, egged on by left-wing activists, began accusing mortgage lenders of racism and "redlining" because urban blacks were being denied mortgages at a higher rate than suburban whites.) and deregualte the markets. to me thats UNAMERICAN.

It feels as if the democratic leadership is still dragging the fear this administration mentality until they got their Trillions and Clinton reminded Obama to be more "hopeful". [​IMG]
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

cute.

so, Barney Frank is to blame for deregulation? not PHIL GRAMM???? gotcha....

instead of cherry picking opinion pieces about this, I'd suggest you google phil gramm and deregulation.

see what happens....

Oh sorry, its Clinton and the Carters..... I keep forgetting how they pushed the "Ownership Society".......

So Much for Bush's 'Ownership Society' | Newsweek Business | Newsweek.com

wait...why does it say "Bush's Ownership society"? You keep saying how all of this is Barney Frank, and Bill Clinton's fault.....

I totally need to vacation on the palnet you live on. Order me a white russian, I'll be tehre soon.
  18. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Right back at ya. Except I'll take a nice Black and Tan. But, I guess that's what this thread is about. :verycool:
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

........Ha!!!!!
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +439 / 6 / -9

Aw crap before someone said it seriously, I almost posted "It's Jimmy Carter's fault."

Day late, dollar short.

PFnV