PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Packers caught cheating????

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg!!

this season should have a packerisk!

What a load of horsecrap. I've already seen it being referred to as a "bounty" - kinda like sportswriters saying the pats "cheated" - much ado about nothing, IMHO.

I think this is something that happens - like when an O-Line does a great job protecting the QB, and the QB thanks them by buying them all new suits (like Farve has done) or where Ahman Green would take the O-Line out to dinner because of their performance.

If it's against the rules, the Packers will pay their fines and life will move on - but, like with my own team (the Pats) I'm not gonna call this by something it's not. This isn't cheating, or a bounty, or anything else...

Didn't Strahan say in an interview a few weeks ago that the Giants D-lineman put money into a pot (proportional to their paychecks) and whoever grades out the best the most times gets the pot at the end of the season. Isn't this the same thing? How come the NFL didn't look into this?

god, the media coverage of the nfl is getting so lame. they'd rather talk about off the field horse**** than the actual games. pathetic.

this is such a non-issue, but in the controversy starved NFL we live in, it will probably get some pub.

it's not like the time that mad man buddy ryan offered up a bounty on that punter. man, those were the days.

bounties on punters. guys bodyslamming QBs. sam wyche burying jerry glanville by like 50 points and then onside kicking it.

those were the days ...

Yeah, this is "breaking the rules." Let's not call it something it isn't, just as we shouldn't call a videocamera on the sidelines something it isn't.

fine them and take away a first round draft pick.

it's only fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye