PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The outcome of the game had it only been a 1 week overblown media affair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't want to dwell on this much longer but if the game had been a normal 1 week gap between the AFCCG and the SB would NE have been better off and maybe the result a little different?

I don't think Brady's ankle would have made much difference but we would not have had to listen to Specter's rant about spygate and SB 36 and I think the players would have been ready to go out there with thier best effort and also the Giants would have had not as much time to sit back,relax and get used to the SB atmosphere as they looked a bit scared at first but by the middle of the 2nd week looked like the SB media frenzy was not bothering them anymore.

I think the extra week was detrimental in a negative way to an undefeated team who had to hear all about the record and all for 7 more days than they should have.

Simply said,the 2 week period blows donkey d##k

Dear NFL : Get rid of the Fu(king 2 week Super Bowl period and take 2 weeks off of the Preseason games for Gods sake!!!

Last edited:
Re: The outcome of the game had it been a 1 week overblown media affair?

I thought the off-week was great, gave the team and Brady a much needed rest after playing the two ultra physical Jacksonville/San Diego teams, put a halt to the Giants 3 consecutive weeks of winning (temporarily) ala the Rockies and gave BB extra time to prepare.

All of these, almost always positive factors but it just didn't happen to work out that way Sunday. The extra week should have helped us if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back