the other Brady gettin some love..

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7353754

Patriots TE Kyle Brady — The Patriots have more stars than a night on the red carpet for the Emmys. Tom Brady, Moss, Maroney, Harrison, Seau, Bruschi, Samuels. Heck, even the O-line had commercial fame. But according to those who watch film for a living, the veteran tight end Brady has been vicious in the running game. So much so that even players from other teams are taking notice.

"I was watching them on film and I'm telling you the guy who's getting no credit out there but is killing people is Kyle Brady," said one fellow tight end. "He's been killing people in the run. He's always been a good run blocker but I've never seen him maul defenders like this. They keep running behind him, too, like he's a tackle. I don't blame them."

The Patriots are No. 1 in time of possession, No. 1 in red-zone TDs, 41.9 percent of their offensive drives end up in scores and they are down to their third halfback. Are you kidding me!?! You'll hear about Brady, but never the name Kyle in front of it. I guarantee you defensive ends and linebackers remember who he is now.

Hall of Famer and Fox NFL Sunday analyst Howie Long spent much of this week dissecting the Patriots offense for a piece to air on Sunday comparing New England's attack to the greatest in NFL history.

"It's rare you can find a tight end who is fully committed to blocking people," Long said. "This guy is the most dominant run-blocking tight end in the game right now. Nobody knows about you when you're a blocking tight end. But he's a full-grown man playing that position.

"The addition of Brady, who in essence is another tackle, and the way they use him is just like all the other Patriots — he totally understands what his role is." His role is to maul.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7353754

Patriots TE Kyle Brady — The Patriots have more stars than a night on the red carpet for the Emmys. Tom Brady, Moss, Maroney, Harrison, Seau, Bruschi, Samuels. Heck, even the O-line had commercial fame. But according to those who watch film for a living, the veteran tight end Brady has been vicious in the running game. So much so that even players from other teams are taking notice.

"I was watching them on film and I'm telling you the guy who's getting no credit out there but is killing people is Kyle Brady," said one fellow tight end. "He's been killing people in the run. He's always been a good run blocker but I've never seen him maul defenders like this. They keep running behind him, too, like he's a tackle. I don't blame them."

The Patriots are No. 1 in time of possession, No. 1 in red-zone TDs, 41.9 percent of their offensive drives end up in scores and they are down to their third halfback. Are you kidding me!?! You'll hear about Brady, but never the name Kyle in front of it. I guarantee you defensive ends and linebackers remember who he is now.

Hall of Famer and Fox NFL Sunday analyst Howie Long spent much of this week dissecting the Patriots offense for a piece to air on Sunday comparing New England's attack to the greatest in NFL history.

"It's rare you can find a tight end who is fully committed to blocking people," Long said. "This guy is the most dominant run-blocking tight end in the game right now. Nobody knows about you when you're a blocking tight end. But he's a full-grown man playing that position.

"The addition of Brady, who in essence is another tackle, and the way they use him is just like all the other Patriots — he totally understands what his role is." His role is to maul.

Yup, another reason why I said last year that Dan Graham was replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back