PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The opening drive against San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been talked about in some aspects but I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on that drive.

Honestly, because of all we had listened to and been through during the week, was that not the most satisfying drive for a TD you've ever seen?

When Watson caught that wide-open TD, I jumped up, did the Brady TD punch and yelled "BOOM!!!" It was such an electric feeling. In 7 plays, the Patriots basically told everyone to go screw themselves.

I've never been so confident after an opening TD. I just had that feeling that we were definately going to win that game.

It doesn't compare to game-winning drives of course, like the AV kicks in both Super Bowls and Vince Young refusing to lose against USC. But as far as just regular drives when the game wasn't on the line, I can't think of one that comes close to getting me as pumped as I was at that moment.

I definitely said: "F YEAH!"

Of course my brother says: "crazy broad.."

I'm sure this has been talked about in some aspects but I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on that drive.

Honestly, because of all we had listened to and been through during the week, was that not the most satisfying drive for a TD you've ever seen?

When Watson caught that wide-open TD, I jumped up, did the Brady TD punch and yelled "BOOM!!!" It was such an electric feeling. In 7 plays, the Patriots basically told everyone to go screw themselves.

I've never been so confident after an opening TD. I just had that feeling that we were definately going to win that game.

It doesn't compare to game-winning drives of course, like the AV kicks in both Super Bowls and Vince Young refusing to lose against USC. But as far as just regular drives when the game wasn't on the line, I can't think of one that comes close to getting me as pumped as I was at that moment.
I agree...with just hearing Goodell and softball questions from Costas..I was really pumped..seeing the crowd and being so pumped up FOR the game...and what a drive that was!! I agree, just seeing the ease of it all..and how open Watson was, it was a great feeling!!

It was awesome because the Pats basically said to the Chargers we are going to pass on every down now see if you can stop it. They ate the Chargers up on that drive and spit them out in the endzone.

Yeah, that was a pretty special moment.
Much needed for all of us.

the drive would not have been possible if not for the awesome protection by the O-line considering they were in spread formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back