PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Onslought of Tebow Only Fans (TOF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There ya go! That what Bob Kraft had in mind!

At this point, I don't believe the Patriots have declared their training camp schedule - - should be public soon.

The Patriots Pro Shop has lots of gear and is at the side of the stadium with the lighthouse. Tebow items went on sale 7.5 hours from his signing. Make sure to spend, spend, spend!!!!!!!

Really? So now Bob Kraft only cares about jersey sales? The best owner in sports and a life long fan and you go there? What team do you really root for? Because obviously it aint the Pats. So tell me shmessy why do you REALLY hate Tebow? And don't you dare give me any football reasons because players aren't hated this bad for football reasons. Why are you 'butthurt' son?

Really? So now Bob Kraft only cares about jersey sales? The best owner in sports and a life long fan and you go there? What team do you really root for? Because obviously it aint the Pats. So tell me shmessy why do you REALLY hate Tebow? And don't you dare give me any football reasons because players aren't hated this bad for football reasons. Why are you 'butthurt' son?

Wow. Just wow.

1) I don't hate Tebow at all. He's a nice kid. Good that they picked him up for a 3rd string QB. He certainly seems an upgrade from Mike Kafka.

2) Kraft is the best owner in sports. He's been the best thing to happen to the New England Patriots. And he's a great businessman. If he didn't take full economic advantage of this situation, there would be something wrong with him. I hope he makes boodles and boodles from this.

Your post is, ummmm, kind of curious. Not sure where your anger is coming from, but I certainly hope you're having a Happy Father's Day.

Last edited:
I wish Ian would just delete all these stupid Tebow crybaby threads on sight.

Effin deal with it. He's on the team for now and he may or may not make it to the 53.

A week ago I was on board with the signing. I figured no big deal. I was wrong. I seriously underestimated the blind, hysterical, irrational following this guy has. Joker and the others were right. Mea culpa...

Wow. Just wow.

1) I don't hate Tebow at all. He's a nice kid. Good that they picked him up for a 3rd string QB. He certainly seems an upgrade from Mike Kafka.

2) Kraft is the best owner in sports. He's been the best thing to happen to the New England Patriots. And he's a great businessman. If he didn't take full economic advantage of this situation, there would be something wrong with him. I hope he makes boodles and boodles from this.

Your post is, ummmm, kind of curious. Not sure where your anger is coming from, but I certainly hope you're having a Happy Father's Day.

My post was a direct response to your cynical 'spend spend spend' post.

I wish Ian would just delete all these stupid Tebow crybaby threads on sight.

Effin deal with it. He's on the team for now and he may or may not make it to the 53.

=======================================

It's just the off season Doc, it will get better as the NFL moves into the regular season.

Its the Pats best interest to have Tebow succeed at QB for a trade next season. In blowouts and vs the Jets, Brady should come out in the 4th and let Tebow do his thing.

Why do you want to skip over Mallet?

My post was a direct response to your cynical 'spend spend spend' post.

You don't want the Patriots to make money?

Any marketing department would be inept if it did not take full advantage of this situation.

As I wrote, I welcome all the Tebow fans - - and hope that it benefits the New England Patriots franchise.

Anything else you want to attach to that is simply manufactured from your imagination.

Last edited:

You are right on, Tebow may be more trouble than he is worth...

At best he will be the third string emergency quarterback, and may never get over center this year...

People are already trying out how he will be used, he will be used the same way we have used other 3rd string qb's, not at all....

He will get awards for being a good practice player..

This is the best offense in the NFL, it will not be messed with..

You are right on, Tebow may be more trouble than he is worth...

At best he will be the third string emergency quarterback, and may never get over center this year...

People are already trying out how he will be used, he will be used the same way we have used other 3rd string qb's, not at all....

He will get awards for being a good practice player..

This is the best offense in the NFL, it will not be messed with..

I don't agree that he is more trouble than he is worth.

I like the signing.

That being said, I also would like to see what Mallet could do if Brady went down. We already know what Tebow can do. Mallet hasn't gotten the opportunity yet and NFL-wise, he is a blank slate.

Last edited:
I am curious about the often mentioned 'he will be worth it to the team, they will sell a lot of jerseys' line of thinking.

I know that I have seen it written that all 32 NFL teams equally split licensing revenue (e.g., jersey sales) with the lone exception being for sales at the stadium on the day a home game is being played.

On the other hand when I did a quick search today I found multiple links stating that each of the 32 teams keep the revenue from both their own brick and mortar stores as well as the pro shops from their own online sites.

So which is it? That could make a substantial difference, since most fans that buy a (fill in the name of their favorite player) are far more likely to buy it from the team site than from nfl.com. If the team does get to retain a larger amount of that revenue then that benefits the better teams, the large market teams, and the teams that sign a player like you-know-who that happens to have a large individual following. If that is so it would also financially benefit the NFL if star players moved from one team to another rather than stay in one place, in order to boost apparel sales with each new uniform sold.

Last edited:
I am curious about the often mentioned 'he will be worth it to the team, they will sell a lot of jerseys' line of thinking.

I know that I have seen it written that all 32 NFL teams equally split licensing revenue (e.g., jersey sales) with the lone exception being for sales at the stadium on the day a home game is being played.

On the other hand when I did a quick search today I found multiple links stating that each of the 32 teams keep the revenue from both their own brick and mortar stores as well as the pro shops from their own online sites.

So which is it? That could make a substantial difference, since most fans that buy a (fill in the name of their favorite player) are far more likely to buy it from the team site than from nfl.com. If the team does get to retain a larger amount of that revenue then that benefits the better teams, the large market teams, and the teams that sign a player like you-know-who that happens to have a large individual following. If that is so it would also financially the NFL if star players moved from one team to another rather than stay in one place, in order to boost apparel sales with each new uniform.

I think you answered your own question there.

My best guess is this:

If the jersey is bought at Modells, or ****'s the revenue is shared. If it is bought at the Pro Shop, or online at the Pats site it is not.

Jerseys are just the beginning also. Just because the Pats don't charge tickets for TC doesn't mean they don't make any money at the gauntlet of tents to the side of the field.

Plus Tebow is a NATIONAL celebrity. We're already hearing of many fans from around the country that are now interested in attending TC.

........Patriot Place is owned by Bob Kraft - - there are stores there. There is a hotel there........

This is a business, not a hobby. Mike Kafka wasn't setting any of the coaches afire, so why the heck not sign Tebow? Brilliant move. McDaniels likes him. The kid is smart and can learn. And if he doesn't pan out, the franchise loses nothing and, in fact, makes some more money.

Last edited:
A week ago I was on board with the signing. I figured no big deal. I was wrong. I seriously underestimated the blind, hysterical, irrational following this guy has. Joker and the others were right. Mea culpa...

What you're claiming hasn't happened here, while the anti-Tebow crew has been all throughout the place.

Not running out to buy the shirt yet....Did that when the Bronco's drafted him and went all in- Fool me once---Patience. We can wait until Brady retires. Hopefully he can become the quarterback all the Tebow groupies know he can be. I don't want to hear anything about him except while in training camp. However I do want to see him play in the last preseason game as this will be the only time he should play QB all year. Now is the time to learn all about the Patriot's. You old timers should give us newbies lessons on what is expected of Patriot fans. Do you have certain chants or things you do?? Educate us..

. You old timers should give us newbies lessons on what is expected of Patriot fans. Do you have certain chants or things you do?? Educate us..

We like to scratch ourselves alot.

Other than that, you need at least 1,000 posts here before we can give out to you the Dungeons and Dragons password.

Last edited:
Everybody on this site that claims to be a Pat fan should be pulling hard for Tebow regardless of how they felt before.
Yes, sort of. I mean was I pulling for Kafka? Sort of. I wanted him to be OK, but I did not root for him to get "a chance," because I knew that "chance" would mean Brady and Mallet were down.

I'm not sure about any Tebow only fan onslaught, but we have had a huge uptick in normally sane forum members obsessing over their dislike of a 3rd string QB, which seems odd. Kafka only fans?

Bingo! he has BINGO!

Get em while theyre hot. Or, if you're doing the hawking... Hurry while he still got the 53rd spot!
You mean 89th spot.:) BTW, does Tebow have any practice squad eligibility left?

Not just me, sport. The vast majority of people who judge players for a living agree with me. 31 teams said "no thanks." Why?
32 teams (including the Patriots 5 times) said "No thanks" to Brady. Besides what do I care about 31 other teams? Do I respect the, say, Cowboys front office?

Why not what ?

Thanks for the welcome :)

I'm just guessing, but I think 1) You've had so many posts that a welcome is sort of belated, 2) He wisely does not want to get between you and Joker.:)

Tebow should have caught the ball in his facemask.
Yes, if there was no defender there to hit him on the head.:)

1) She's new and probably does not know who Mallet is. 2) Against the Jets (Not being a forgiving Christian) I say play Tebow in a 4th Qtr. blow out to add salt to the wound.

Not running out to buy the shirt yet....Did that when the Bronco's drafted him and went all in- Fool me once---Patience. We can wait until Brady retires. Hopefully he can become the quarterback all the Tebow groupies know he can be. I don't want to hear anything about him except while in training camp. However I do want to see him play in the last preseason game as this will be the only time he should play QB all year. Now is the time to learn all about the Patriot's. You old timers should give us newbies lessons on what is expected of Patriot fans. Do you have certain chants or things you do?? Educate us..

OK, let's talk about Spygate.:) Video of Patriots cheating

That and we throw snow balls at Phil Simms.:)

What you're claiming hasn't happened here, while the anti-Tebow crew has been all throughout the place.
That's bull **** and you know it, but you'll never admit it.

That's bull **** and you know it, but you'll never admit it.

Are you blind deaf and dumb or just a liar? Because that is exactly what has happened. People hating on him outnumber any fly by night fans of his a thousand to one at least. You can use curse words you can stamp your feet or you can go all caps if you like but it wont make your ignorant misleading post true.

Just for kicks, please quote examples of posts from "the blind, hysterical and irrational following".

You don't want the Patriots to make money?

Any marketing department would be inept if it did not take full advantage of this situation.

As I wrote, I welcome all the Tebow fans - - and hope that it benefits the New England Patriots franchise.

Anything else you want to attach to that is simply manufactured from your imagination.

In fairness shmessy, your post came across as a "Tebow wasn't brought here for football reasons, rather, it was just to sell jerseys."

Am perfectly willing to accept that you didn't mean it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots