PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Onslought of Tebow Only Fans (TOF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be your first one- I'm an unabashed Tebow fan- Not much into pro football, more of a Gator lover. Got to know all the Denver players when he was there, and never enjoyed a season like that one ever. Thought Elway was a jerk and could never root for the Jets, but I did watch all their games hoping Ryan would wake up and put him in, but never happened- I do go to the 4th pre season game each year because I will at least get to see him play (I am a realist). No one thinks he is going to replace Brady (at least until he retires) I usually just troll- It always amazes me all the haters out there- Sad actually- So, is it hard to get preseason tickets??

People are always trying to unload pre season tix. But better yet go to training camp. It's free.

Uh-oh!

People are always trying to unload pre season tix. But better yet go to training camp. It's free.

Uh-oh!

They're probably going to start charging admission.....

for your safety and convenience, of course.

I have a confession...Tebow is my illegitimate son conceived following a wild party I attended with Ruth Buzzi in Stonington, CT....I was drunk....you know the old saying...any port in a storm...but...DYAM...

tebow_joker_jets.jpg

I'm not sure about any Tebow only fan onslaught, but we have had a huge uptick in normally sane forum members obsessing over their dislike of a 3rd string QB, which seems odd. Kafka only fans?

The theoretical onslaught of 1) Tebow fans and 2) Tebow's endless proselytizing can't possibly be any worse than all of the posts telling me that they're going to happen.

Get em while theyre hot.

181156275312_1.jpg

Get em while theyre hot. Or, if you're doing the hawking... Hurry while he still got the 53rd spot!

Sheesh this Tebow guy is such a pest. He's bringing the potential 'media circus' to town and now supposedly his fans will pollute the board. Who does BB think he is for not thinking of us in the midst of building his team :rolleyes:

It's apparently not just here - it's everywhere

... just today I noticed about a two dozen people of all walks of life wearing one of those gold "T" necklaces just like Tebow wears

Where can I get one of those?

on the Tebow channel, dummy...Channel 666

The far bigger problem is with those such as yourself obsessing incessantly about something yet to happen. The vast majority of posts here are from folks whining about Tebow this and Tebow that. Much ado from you (plural) about our 3rd string QB. Your comment has been made by dozens here dozens of times and it needed its own thread?

Precisely...

PWP...so far you are right...BUT...just read the post in that other Tebow thread where he's compared to AHern's "measurables"....THIS is what's coming....I don't know about you but THIS kind of space alien crap is going to infect EVERY thread when the regular season comes...

Joker, the "measurables" comment should be looked at in context given some of the things that had previously been said in other threads. In one, some questioned Tebow's athleticism when it was suggested that he be used as a RB or TE. I mean, it's kind of hard to claim that Tebow is slow when his 40 speed is only 7 hundredths of a second less than AHern's. Or when his 3 cone and shuttle speeds were actually better.

From Wiki:

The 3 cone drill, or three cone drill, is a test performed by American football athletes at the NFL combine. It is primarily run to evaluate the agility, quickness and fluidity of movement of players by scouts, particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting

and

The 20-yard shuttle, also simply called the short shuttle, is a test performed by American football athletes at the NFL combine. It is primarily run to evaluate the quickness and change-of-direction ability of players by scouts, particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting.

OF course, this doesn't mean that Tebow would be a good TE, let alone anywhere near AHern's class, but to say that he isn't athletic enough is borderline silly given the facts.

This is an example of what "the circus" really is in my opinion. Someone makes a statement that is indeed factual, then guys like you jump up and say "Don't even think about comparing him to AHern" when in fact, the comparison, as far as it goes, is valid.

But oh no, the world is going to end because someone pointed out that yes, Tebow, as measured in drills given by the NFL for this very purpose, is just as "athletic" as Aaron Hernandez.

PWP...so far you are right...BUT...just read the post in that other Tebow thread where he's compared to AHern's "measurables"....THIS is what's coming....I don't know about you but THIS kind of space alien crap is going to infect EVERY thread when the regular season comes...

Stop beng so disingenuous . You are hysterical .

I even said I don't know if he can play TE ( i doubt he can) and typed up a huge disclaimer .

You are the Problem. I suggest your stop posting about Tebow . You are the BIGGEST Tebow troll on this board.

Oh no... Demo, I visit some Jets boards so I am familiar with your work, and I do actually respect and agree with a lot of your football opinions, including Tebow-related ones... but Joker is Joker, and you two clashing on this board just sounds disastrous. If kept to this thread it's all good, but I worry...

and so it begins in earnest....yes, tell me and all the rest of the pats fans ALL ABOUT TEBOW....put up his numbers compared to Ahern and THEN claim, well, it doesn't mean anything but TEEBS IS GAA GAA GOONY GREAT!!!

You are a sick troll, Demosthenes...very very sick. There is absolutely no reason for an overt board destroying troll like you to be posting here.

Don't worry Sal...he's going on ignore. The first poster I've ever used the function for. He's worthless. If only NEM came back just to nuke this unbelievable moron.

Oh no... Demo, I visit some Jets boards so I am familiar with your work, and I do actually respect and agree with a lot of your football opinions, including Tebow-related ones... but Joker is Joker, and you two clashing on this board just sounds disastrous. If kept to this thread it's all good, but I worry...

Thanks for the kind words Salva. As for clashing with Joker, hopefully there won't be too many slugfests :)

Thanks for the kind words Salva. As for clashing with Joker, hopefully there won't be too many slugfests :)

Demos you have always been a class act , joker is a huge Tebowphobe , he is scared of a 3rd string QB that might not even make the team . He is also scared of the 1 or 2 new forum members who have signed up, it's completely irrational. But he exposes himself for all to see .

and so it begins in earnest....yes, tell me and all the rest of the pats fans ALL ABOUT TEBOW....put up his numbers compared to Ahern and THEN claim, well, it doesn't mean anything but TEEBS IS GAA GAA GOONY GREAT!!!

You are a sick troll, Demosthenes...very very sick. There is absolutely no reason for an overt board destroying troll like you to be posting here.

Hey, I know, let's look at this exchange through an adult's perspective.

What did I contribute to the discussion ? The FACT that the NFL evaluates and measures athleticism with drills such as the 3 cone and the shuttle, drills that Tebow was pretty equal with Ahern in. Ergo, Tebow IS athletic from an NFL perspective.

Your reply ? That I'm a sick troll.... very very sick. And also that I'm a board destroying troll.

Thanks for demonstrating my previous point there Joker. As for going on your ignore list, as if I care ??? BTW, I will go ahead and warn you in advance that even though I know I am on your ignore list, and you can't see my replies, I'll happily provide rebuttals to whatever drivel of yours that I come across and feel like commenting on.

Demos you have always been a class act , joker is a huge Tebowphobe , he is scared of a 3rd string QB that might not even make the team . He is also scared of the 1 or 2 new forum members who have signed up, it's completely irrational. But he exposes himself for all to see .

Thanks Iron. Joker gives me a whole new reason to hope that Tebow makes the final roster, even if it's as the water boy :)

I mean... nobody is suggesting Tebow is as good of a TE as Hernandez, or as good of a QB as Brady... so I say, let Tebow fans post all of the stats they want, it's what they do... because the Pats are stacked at every position that Tebow could even think of cracking, which makes him sitting and learning for a while under the best coaching staff in the NFL the most logical career move for him.

And if the coaching staff decides to dump him at any point, they are on the hook for pennies, and gave him a chance no other NFL team would give him, in addition to the cred of getting signed by the Pats and getting Belichick's initial approval. So be thankful for that, Tebow followers, if such an event occurs. It's a very different situation from last offseason.

I mean... nobody is suggesting Tebow is as good of a TE as Hernandez, or as good of a QB as Brady... so I say, let Tebow fans post all of the stats they want, it's what they do... because the Pats are stacked at every position that Tebow could even think of cracking, which makes him sitting and learning for a while under the best coaching staff in the NFL the most logical career move for him.

And if the coaching staff decides to dump him at any point, they are on the hook for pennies, and gave him a chance no other NFL team would give him, in addition to the cred of getting signed by the Pats and getting Belichick's initial approval. So be thankful for that, Tebow followers, if such an event occurs. It's a very different situation from last offseason.

Salva,

I'm willing to wager that the number of Tebow "fans" crying for him to be a starter won't crack double digits. Sure, there might be the odd person stopping in for a drive by who claims that Tebow is the greatest ever, but all the Tebow fans that I know are much more realistic and wouldn't even come close to suggesting such a thing.

With the Jets ? With Sanchez crapping the bed last year, and the year before, and being a bottom 10 QB his entire 4 year career, a completely different story. With Denver ? After Kyle Orton had gone 5-22 (or something like that) ? Yeah, again, a different story. Funny thing is that if Tebow wasn't in the NFL and Brady somehow went anything close to 5-22, I'd bet my house that plenty of people would be calling for whomever his backup was at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back