PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The only way to beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm amazed no other team has tried this yet.

It is a strategy that has the greatest probability of succeeding because it leverages stupid rules and stupidly biased officiating in your favor. It's incredibly lame and exposes the game for the ****yfest that it has become, but it is probably worth a shot:

On offense, throw it deep every single possession, at least twice. Use extra TEs or a RB to give your QB time to throw, and run whatever receivers you have down the field. Get your receivers to do what they can to encourage defensive pass interference, including risk getting called themselves. It's a 10 yard penalty if you get called, and a 70 yard penalty if they get called. Study pass interference calls to determine what you need to do to have the highest probability of getting calls against the Pats.

The goal is to draw pass interference calls as much as it is to catch the football. Throw to the Patriots side that attracts the most pass interference calls (Hobbs).

You'll get a few PI calls on the Pats almost guaranteed, even if your receivers suck and the Pats own you.

I'm sure this approach could result in a fair number of points for an opponent.

It is a strategy that has the greatest probability of succeeding because it leverages stupid rules and stupidly biased officiating in your favor. It's incredibly lame and exposes the game for the ****yfest that it has become, but it is probably worth a shot:

On offense, throw it deep every single possession, at least twice. Use extra TEs or a RB to give your QB time to throw, and run whatever receivers you have down the field. Get your receivers to do what they can to encourage defensive pass interference, including risk getting called themselves. It's a 10 yard penalty if you get called, and a 70 yard penalty if they get called. Study pass interference calls to determine what you need to do to have the highest probability of getting calls against the Pats.

The goal is to draw pass interference calls as much as it is to catch the football. Throw to the Patriots side that attracts the most pass interference calls (Hobbs).

You'll get a few PI calls on the Pats almost guaranteed, even if your receivers suck and the Pats own you.

The Patriots would figure it out and trot out a receiver ala Troy Brown to pick off the passes.

The Patriots would figure it out and trot out a receiver ala Troy Brown to pick off the passes.

I guess you could also just sit Moss on the 20 yard line as a safety ;)

I agree. When I am playing someone in madden that always throws the ball down the feild I put receivers in for DB, CB, SS etc. Works like a charm - although madden is a bit different then the NFL. :)

Another thing a team could do to assure PI calls is to hire Bill Polian before the game to rough up the refs.

I believe you to be incorrect....Indy did this in our game with them and while it did result in points for them and kept them a lot closer then they should have been we still beat them so while this sounds good it is not successful as the Pats have already defeated this strategy.

Last edited:
I don't think other teams would have enough time or there QB doesn't have the arm. Not a bad idea. Go Dwayne Wade on the them. I think refs subconsciously give the "better" player or team the benefit of doubt. IE: Cotchery doesn't get a call but Reggie Wayne does(Hobbs in coverage).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back