PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The only thing that matters is that Talib is back for Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I think of hip injuries...I think of roosey Colvin's injury.

talib needs to toughen up and get back out...I don't care if he's hobbling....he's good...played well against graham.

Can I suggest that people stop telling those who play week in week out in the NFL to "toughen up". I don't think their toughness is an issue.

Cannot understate just how good and important he is. Did you see the leadership on D fall apart when he went down?

No chance that Stills play happens if he's on the field. He's as good a shutdown corner in the league that there is.

I mean seriously who else can hold someone as good as Graham to a big fat zero on that stat sheet??

Not the only thing, mate. We need mayo too.

We can beat the next 3 without him imo.
Maybe but the team shouldn't go in with the mentality that they can beat everyone without Wilfork, Kelly, Talib, Mayo etc. That's a lot of quality potentially missing on D.

Not the only thing, mate. We need mayo too.

Yep. I daresay Mayo is equally as important a loss as Talib and unfortunately it doesn't look good. I'm praying it won't lead to IR. I think we need to look at tonight's game and worry about Mayo right now rather than Aqib.

The defense collapsed after Talib was out? Not the defense I saw. No way the defense is going to be as good without Talib but two huge stops that were critical to the victory and that is a collapse? Further, the "collapse" of the defense in the second half was much more about the run D with the exception of the long TD that Arrington was inches from breaking up/coverage was not bad.

Not sure why the Saints didn't attack the Patriots even more using the run up the middle/pounding it. I thought the Patriots showed some softness at times there that could have given the Saints more success. Make no mistake I want to see Talib back, he is important, but I am much more worried about the run D than the pass D. Wilfork done for the season, Kelly out/hurt, Mayo possibly out/hurt, two no name guys manning the inside of the D line. With the Jets coming up there is zero doubt in my mind that Kelly and Mayo are needed more than Talib (for this game). I'm fearful of the team that is going to keep pounding it up the middle and how the run D will hold up. Hope I'm wrong.....

And Stills pushed off Dennard ever so slightly, to make it happen.

talib has a hip flexor injury...even if it's a light one...it will take a few weeks aka not next week

Ray Rice had the same thing a couple of weeks ago, and played the next week. You never know.

Look Talib is playing out of his head but Dennard is money as well. If we didnt have Talib we would all be gaga over this guy,he is draped all over people vs 3 steps away (aka what was tight coverage from our secondary last few years).

That TD was simply awesome throw and catch much like ours to win the game. If anything he jumped atad early and got just a tiny shove. But in years past that guys has us beat by 2 steps vs needing that precison play. And Arrington is doing a hell of a job as well. Our scondary has grown by leaps and bounds but it helps to have the same players back their is something to be said for chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back