PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The only thing that could possibly erase 2007....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Would be a rematch with the Giants and winning. I know we run the risk of losing to them again but the hurt, pain and anguish of 2007 can only be erased by one thing - beating the NY Giants in the SuperBowl.

I would rather play the Niners but man, oh man, can you imagine if we take revenge for the 2007 loss. We gotta face the demons once again and defeat them. Then we will be cleansed of the 2007 tragedy and Tyree's catch will be finally put to bed....

Would be a rematch with the Giants and winning. I know we run the risk of losing to them again but the hurt, pain and anguish of 2007 can only be erased by one thing - beating the NY Giants in the SuperBowl.

I would rather play the Niners but man, oh man, can you imagine if we take revenge for the 2007 loss. We gotta face the demons once again and defeat them. Then we will be cleansed of the 2007 tragedy and Tyree's catch will be finally put to bed....
i like your attitude:rocker:

We don't match up well with the Giants, but we've had them beat the last two times and just gave them the ball with too much time remaining. I want to concentrate on this game first as we have a very formidable opponent coming up. However, I will say that if we win the AFCCG on Sunday, I will root for the Giants to be in it. I have a lot of friends who are Giants fans that I watched that wretched game with. It would be nice to watch that game again with a different result.

Nothing will ever erase the hurt of 42 for me. Winning another Superbowl will help ease the pain.

With Kontra though, would prefer to do a number on the Ravens before projecting ultimate success.

Last edited:
I'd have to be put in an asylum if we lost to the Giants again.

I'd have to be put in an asylum if we lost to the Giants again.

They wouldn't have a chance to put me in the asylum because I will have already died of alcohol poisoning.

To Do List

1 ~ Beat the New York @#$%& in the Super Bowl.

2 ~ Go 19-0.

3 ~ Win 3 Super Bowls in a row.

4 ~ Spend the rest of our lives ~ whenever the notion to do so strikes us!! ~ rubbing it all the faces of the "SpyGate" @#$%&, the "18-1" @#$%&, Jets Fan @#$%&, Giants Fan @#$%&, and, above all, every local "fan" who ever turned his back on this utterly amazing Dream Come True Dynasty!!

One of the biggest thing for me is to never hear that spygate crap again. One more title, come on pats!!

Ok I'm getting WAY ahead of myself here but imagine a hypothetical world where we win the SB this year, then re-sign Welker.

In 2012, we would have Tom in his prime. All or nearly all of his 2011 OL would be back and healthy. Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Branch, all still around. Another year of experience for Edelman. A year of experience for Ridley, and an NFL offseason program.

If the 2012 defense can even do a passable impersonation of a speed bump, there is no reason that the 2012 Pats wouldn't be a favorite again.

It's a shame Rodgers choked in the playoffs. I kinda wanted Brady to kick his ass.

Last edited:
It's a shame Rodgers choked in the playoffs. I kinda wanted Brady to kick his ass.
With Rodgers choking this away Brady has kicked his arse.

I don't think that we'll ever forget the perfect season that was so close and yet so far. Winning the Super Bowl would easy the pain, but the scar will always be there.

I'll take a Super Bowl win, I don't care who they beat. Beating the '11 Giants doesn't make up for that loss, nothing really does. You can't change history. Winning the SB against ANYBODY would make me feel better.

I don't think that we'll ever forget the perfect season that was so close and yet so far. Winning the Super Bowl would easy the pain, but the scar will always be there.

The scar would be a lot lighter in color, my friend.

No longer would I have to turn away from the TV when David Tyree is mentioned.

We would have new, more current and (hopefully) fonder memories.

Now if they'd lose to the NYG again??

I agree...I would honestly need a straight jacket.

Let's just beat the Ravens first, and maybe SF will end up winning anyway.

I'm surprised at how many are already counting SF out of this game. They are at home, and they'll be pumped up too. It's not out of the realm of possibility for SF to win.

One step at a time. *

* Will probably be all I will post this week

I wish more fans here could somehow find a way to wrap their minds around just how hard it is to even get there. Or to even get to where you can get to there from. And appreciate it.

The last 4 years the Giants have been flailing at times. NO despite the Brees hype can't get past one and done. The Packers peaked to soon and faced no adversity and rested into rust once again underscoring how hard it is to even get a shot at repeating. The Steelers are entering their flailing period. Indy got back in 3 and has now disintegrated. Baltimore hasn't had a whiff in a decade. For the JETS it's been 4...decades.

Yet here all we hear is ease my pain... From a fanbase that's become too impatient and entitled to appreciate the journey. Twelve years of consistent contention and counting. Knock us down and we get back up and compete again. In a 32 team league top 12 ten out of twelve, top 8 half of the time, top 4 six of the twelve, top 2 four out of twelve and counting. Yet the focus here is persistently is on the agony of defeat. Instead of the wonder of the Patriots ever becoming a franchise for the ages led by an owner to die for and two potential GOATs at the QB and HC position.

Ian should scour the internet for a violinist smilie...

Living in NJ this would be the best thing ever the only thing that could come close would be the jets team plane crashing into the jersey shore house.....

.....but if they didnt win........:bricks:

I understand what you are saying but for me nothing will erase 2007. It happened. It hurt and the likelihood the opportunity the 07 squad had will never, ever come around again is extremely low. Winning a Super Bowl will help and the "revenge" factor is nice to think about but it really doesn't fix anything. Can't turn back the clock I'm afraid.:(

It's like the 1986/2004 Red Sox. 04 was great but how I felt when Jesse Orosco struck out Marty Barrett for the final out was sheer emptiness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey