Not open for further replies.

robinsandiego

On the Roster
Reaction score
the only positive I can see for you guys is that if you can
win the superbowl anyway, without your starting Q -back,
Belichick will look like Einstein.

had this not happened and you won the superbowl, everyone would
have thought it was not that big of a surprise.

so your chances to get onto the big game are much less, but the reward is bigger.

Last edited:
the only positive I can see for you guys is that if you can
win the superbowl anyway, without your starting Q -back,
Belichick will look like Einstein.

had this not happened and you won the superbowl, everyone would
have thought it was not that big of a surprise.

so your chances to get onto the big game are much less, but the reward is bigger.

Well, look, for the haters, jealous, and less than's, eiither way we lose. Why?

We go on to win the superbowl, they say Brady is average ,overrated, and the system won it.. We go on to stink without Brady, they say Belichick is a fake, a poseur, a fraud who cannot win without Brady

The need to win approval or praise in the eyes of (our)competitors is the pervue of the second level teams, the want to be's, the pretenders. The champion has no need, takes no succor, nor seeks any relief from the caterwauling of the masses.

WE decide how we feel about our history, and that is good enough.

I'm excited to see what the team is made of and I am looking forward to a very healthy tom Brady next year. A year off is going to add 3 years at least to his game with all the nagging stuff he always has going on.

I am looking forward to enjoying wins instead of fearing a loss.

Lets face, last year we didn't enjoy our wins. There was more celebrating by the fish fans after their one win, they Pats fans celebrated in 18. The attitude was, "there is nothing to celebrate until/unless we win the SB."

Pats don't have to go 16-0. They don't have to win the SB. Just make sure they still have a shot at a wild card on the finally weekend so I have reason to root.

Maybe we can go back to really rooting for the team, really celebrating each win, and considering each victory a gift of joy.

I had more fun rooting for the team back in the 80's thru 2001 then I did last year.

The only and I mean only silver lining to this whole deal is that it happened in Week 1 leaving him almost a full year to recover and hopefully return sometime in training camp 09.

Bottom line it sucks. Big time. Arguably the greatest QB of all time robbed out of a year in his prime.

Well, look, for the haters, jealous, and less than's, eiither way we lose. Why?

We go on to win the superbowl, they say Brady is average ,overrated, and the system won it.. We go on to stink without Brady, they say Belichick is a fake, a poseur, a fraud who cannot win without Brady

The need to win approval or praise in the eyes of (our)competitors is the pervue of the second level teams, the want to be's, the pretenders. The champion has no need, takes no succor, nor seeks any relief from the caterwauling of the masses.

WE decide how we feel about our history, and that is good enough.
that is the best posts ive read here in a long time. hits the nail right on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes