Welcome to PatsFans.com

The ONLY issue

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Lets face it, Obama supporters will never be able to sway McCain supporters. McCain supporters will never be able to sway Obama supporters.

This election comes down to one issue for me, all the other BS (Taxes, abortion, past affiliations, POWs, torture, oil drilling, the economy, Supreme court justices, etc) the president will have to work WITH CONGRESS to get passed....so their stance really doesn't create policy.

The issue is Iraq.

The Commander in Chief has control of the military in this conflict.

Obama wants them to get out.
    McCain wants them to stay.

This is the only issue of importance to me at this point. The elction can be boiled down to this one issue and your stance on it. Plain and simple. I will never fault you for being honest, and stating that you want troops in Iraq, if you do....vote for McCain...if you don't vote for Obama...

The rest is fluff to sell newspapers and adtime on networks.
  2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

They both want them out. It's absurd to say otherwise. McCain is just not willing to pull out the police in the middle of a riot.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

McCain wants to "win" he wants a victory.

You've gotta be joking me with that.....

here.....this is from a random website called " JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008 "

Strategy for Victory in Iraq

The Importance of Succeeding

John McCain believes it is strategically and morally essential for the United States to support the Government of Iraq to become capable of governing itself and safeguarding its people. He strongly disagrees with those who advocate withdrawing American troops before that has occurred.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/fdeb03a7-30b0-4ece-8e34-4c7ea83f11d8.htm
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +546 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

The election is about all of them. Obama beat Hillary because he gathered the black vote and the anti-Iraq vote amongst democrats. Now ... he has little else to offer in the general election and is showing his hatefull side. so it makes sense to me why you like Obama ... you are anti-Iraq .. that's your call but there's much more to the election than that.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

the 7 trillion we will spend is very important to me, as our economy tanks, and our natiion is in debt to China, and the saudis.....Let alone the fact that we invaded a country that never attacked us because David Addington made up a fake document.....Those kids will grow up to hate the US. By killinmg innocents in Iraq and elsewhere fighting a war against a country-less tactctic of fear, we CREATE terrorists.

and millions of people are uninsured and undereducated.....dooming our nations future generation.

YES !

Iraq is the top issue.
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +546 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

in your opinion and your entitled to that .. but there's much more at stake than Iraq.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

agreed....

but there is also much LESS at stake than

-pastors
    -lipstick
    -terrorist fist jabs
    -mavericks (mavriks)
    -baby momas

etc......
  8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Uhm yeah, that's what I said.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Bomb-bomb-bomb....bomb, bomb Iran....

McCain wants to STAY.....end of story.

Having a stance predicated on 'Victory' when his definition of it, has laready been achieved is REDONCULOUS.

Iraq is capable of governiong itself and safeguarding its people, they are asking us to leave.
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +546 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Just remember this ... and many people have already forgot this. The media pandered to Bush and got the shovel out on Al Gore ... Bush wins. The media then gets a chance to make up for it's mistakes but instead decides the swift boat crap sells more papers so they go nuts with it and Bush wins again ... where did that get us?

There is more at atake than Iraq because we have a media darling who is the democratic nominee mostly on the Iraq issue. Who is he? What did he do in his college years? he has burried all of it ... why?

Some of that stupid stuff is important because it leads people to dig up the good stuff ... the value judgements of the candidates. Had the media done it's job and played Bush up to be the alchoholic drug abuser that he was ... Iraq would have never happened.

i want to know about the future President and VP's life and value judgements ... it is a great barometer for what kind of decision maker they may be ... and we can avoid horrors like Iraq.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

Not that this is mutually exclusive with the Iraq war, but I am beginning to believe more and more the economy is becoming the premier issue... not sure what can be done about it, but was not this way in the mid to late 90's.. things are bad folks, getting worse.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I believe its a domino effect, but the waste of TRILLIONS to outsourcing the war on terror, then undrerfunding our vets, then paying for the "sunni awakening"

wait.......did we just invade a country that never attacked us, then occupied it for 5 years......then paid them not to kill us.....then applaud our 'surge strategy' at the cost of 4,000+ troops, TRILLIONS of dollars, Unheard of anti-american sentiment in the middle east?

I agree that the economy is an issue, but when Phil Gramm is running the economic policy of McCain...its not a decision thats difficult to make.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008