PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The ONLY good thing about today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me is that even though you always try to get better in the offseason, this one strikes me as a holding action. Retain what you can of last year's talent. It wasn't lack of talent that lost this game.

There'll be arguments - try to retain Samuel, try to replace him, whatever. There will be questions (as always) about the "old linebackers." There will be dread of retirements: Bruschi, Seau, Harrison. In the end/beginning, there will be a team again in seven months, and I'll hang on every move on the way to building it.

I'm still sold on Kraft, Belichick, Pioli, Ernie Adams (!), Brady, Moss, et alia. There are winners and losers in football. This was a fantastic team, that proved itself not the best. Ouch. But it's true.

I agree! Maybe it's the optimist in me but its very likely that this team can be even better next year. Don't know about undefeated, but definitely better. We sure as hell can make another superbowl run.

Last edited:
I'm staying however, I am going to take a short hiatus from everything to recoup from this loss. Being here in Jax, I have enough people to remind me what happened without turning on espn or watching the sports part of the nightly news.

The only good thing about today is that all the bandwagon and sunshine Patriots will be leaving. They are probably already gone.

So, there are plenty pf seats now on the bandwagon, even window seats with leg room. Are you staying on or jumping off?

you can see my posts in other threads to answer your question.

for me, the only good thing about today is that it isn't yesterday. i won't have to go through that again.

I am going to take a short hiatus from everything to recoup from this loss. Being here in Jax, I have enough people to remind me what happened without turning on espn or watching the sports part of the nightly news.

i understand. i live in manhattan. it was sheer torture not just to experience the loss but to listen to the car horns blowing and people partying in the streets until after midnight.

my only consolation from the giants winning was that the guy that said eff you to the chargers, their city and team won it all.

yeah but the funny thing is, since he beat your team, we're all stoked. STOKED!

I'm staying. My time for this team is just going to have to be limited more. I wasted too much time on this team this past year and their glory for perfection. I've got to get my life back.

But I can't think of a single good thing that could come out of this loss. It's going to be branded on this team for all eternity.

The only good thing about today is that all the bandwagon and sunshine Patriots will be leaving. They are probably already gone.

So, there are plenty pf seats now on the bandwagon, even window seats with leg room. Are you staying on or jumping off?

To be honest, I don't have a problem with the so-called bandwagon fans. Not everybody is going to be nuts like us, not everybody can be devoted to a sports team and spend hours on message boards like us. We're the minority.

But as I said in another thread before the game, it's all relative. The more you put in, the more you get out, or in the case of this loss, the more you lose. I think we're all probably [a little too] obsessed with the Pats, so, last nite's loss is a killer. But next time they win, it'll be all the more rewarding for us.

Last edited:
The other good thing is that bandwagoners won't be inflating the price of Pats gear this offseason :D

Pats through and through, this coming from a New Yorker.

Sporting goods stores everywhere: "Excuse could I exchange this Brady jersey for the Manning one"

Last edited:
this only makes next season's 19-0 record the more sweeter :singing:

I'm staying, but teasing with perfection isn't something I want to go through again.

I've been staying since I was born!

I have no porblem going for perfection again next year....but all the stars need to be aligned..

Uh, there was NOTHING good about that game last night.

As bad as last night and this morning felt, and it felt bad, I have been here through the bad years, been here for the good years, and will be here until the day I am put into the ground.

This is the worst I've ever felt as a Patriot fan. However, I'm way too tenacious and stubborn to even think about throwing in the towel. As usual, in the offseason, naturally, I may focus my energy on other things, but I'll never leave.

I agree that is true....i REALLY wished I could have made it to Gillette for the returning team...

So, there are plenty of seats now on the bandwagon, even window seats with leg room. Are you staying on or jumping off?

I hate to admit I had a little sardonic smile for the perfect perfect Patriots regular season trophy polishers.

Just goes to show that football like our first half is just for frontrunners and you have to beat up the other team in the playoffs/superbowl.

I'll be quite happy to route for the "washed up" team next year while the bandwagonners find a new glamour trendie.

Couldn't be prouder of our team and wouldn't think of not supporting them. We've become spoiled a bit here in NE, and yet aren't we all enjoying the quest to be the best after so many years being the low men on the totem pole?

Couldn't be prouder of our team and wouldn't think of not supporting them. We've become spoiled a bit here in NE, and yet aren't we all enjoying the quest to be the best after so many years being the low men on the totem pole?

I totally agree, PC87.

Also, truly great accomplishments are often built out of the ashes of the biggest failures. (How many tries did it take Edison to get the light bulb right?)

What gives me hope for the future is that the organization learns from its mistakes and builds for today and tomorrow.

They'll rebuild, and they'll be back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes