PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Onion strikes again!

I'll give it a C-minus. Four weeks after the signing and this is the best they can do? Must be interns working the long holiday weekend.

Everyone in this thread needs to lighten up. I think it's funny, and while humor is subjective, if you don't think it's funny you don't need to attack people who do think it's funny.

Par for the course on here. Pats fan on Pats fan crime is often worse than pats fan on fans of any other team. If you don't toe the line and worship at the feet of belichick and kraft, you're often labeled a jets fan. Most on here think the pats and their organization are above reproach. ..

ITT comedy kings break down the finer arts of satire and skewer the Onion from atop their mountains of stand-up material.

Not offensive at all, but definitely not one of The Onion's better efforts. It gets a C- from me.

I like satire, but The Onion is played out and corny now.

but....but....but...it's all TRUE!!!!

LOVITZ.jpg

Not offensive at all, but definitely not one of The Onion's better efforts. It gets a C- from me.

That's what I was thinking as well. I'd enjoy a good Tebow/Belichick ribbing, but this one was weaksauce.

Wait, aren't you a Jets fan? I know I've seen you over on Jetsinsider. Surely you're not just following Tebow to the boards of whatever team he goes to, right?

Wait, aren't you a Jets fan? I know I've seen you over on Jetsinsider. Surely you're not just following Tebow to the boards of whatever team he goes to, right?

Who cares? Rooting for 53 millionaire manchildren who wear 1 uniform or rooting for 1 manchild who wears multiple uniforms are both equally silly when you really get down to it.

Who cares? Rooting for 53 millionaire manchildren who wear 1 uniform or rooting for 1 manchild who wears multiple uniforms are both equally silly when you really get down to it.
Touché.

Touché.

Thanks Fnord.

Pujo, unlike with college football, I've never found a home or developed ties with any particular NFL team. I live in KY so I have no local team, unless you count Cincy, but who would. My family is from KY and my dad wasn't a fan of any particular team, so no attachments there either.

However, I am a fan of Tebow and the hope is that he finally lands somewhere and stays for quite some time, thereby allowing me to actually develop some roots (and giving him some career stability at the same time.) From everything I have encountered so far, the Pats seem like a great place for that to be.

(I think some of this might trace back to growing up as an army brat, moving from place to place and having to make new friends and develop new relationships each time ??? Don't know, just a hypothesis.)

I usually expect better from the onion. I am not offended either but it still seems more mean spirited and less funny

OP said it was universally funny and I disagree. I'm not offended and I'm not uptight. I simply don't think it's funny.

OK. Let me know when someone criticizes you for having no sense of humor or whatever. By your post there was already one that said the OP was something. Maybe wasting people's time, or hell bound, or something.

Edit: oh, it was someone who thought that was a real article.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back