Welcome to PatsFans.com

**The Ongoing Aaron Hernandez Thread**

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by PatsWSB47, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +709 / 5 / -3

Re: Police closing in on AH's 2x murder

So they can recoup the bonus if he is implicated in three murders, but not one? Is their a murder allowance in his contract that he can get away with one or two murders before the Pats can recoup their money?
  2. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +709 / 5 / -3

I don't know if they ever confirmed that. But if it is, it does make his defense even easier unless the woman who was found with it can prove she got it directly from Hernandez.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Evidently a murder before the contract helps more then a murder after. I'm not sure why, I don't care I just want the cap money back. How there's a question whether we should based on him violating his contract (I get the part about when we released him but he had been arrested when we released him) I am not sure.
  4. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +709 / 5 / -3

Yeah, I didn't think of that. There may be language in the contract that states that if he committed a felony that the Pats were unaware of prior to the signing of the contract, it make the contract null and void and the Pats can recoup all the money.
  5. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +414 / 0 / -2

I'm not defending the logic, but it's much harder to recoup a signing bonus for events that occurred after it the contract was signed. In theory, when Hernandez inked his deal the Pats gave him $12.5M, and his subsequent actions don't necessarily void that payment. In contrast, if Hernandez had committed acts prior to the contract being signed, it's unlikely the Pats would have given him the contract and bonus in the first place. Hernandez' rookie contract reportedly had clauses regarding his conduct because of his prior history.

Again, I'm not defending the logic. But legally, the two may be different in terms of their implications on Hernandez' bonus.
  6. kennyb

kennyb Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -3

do they get cap relief only in the amount they actually get back? After lawyer fees that might not be much, plus it might take years. I guess they could get an injunction on the money so he can't spend anymore.

If the gun can somehow be traced to Hernandez or an associate, then it's still evidence against him. He was there at the club, someone who looked like him did the shooting, his car or his uncle's was casing the victims, the gun was found in a car of an associate of his. Circumstantial evidence is cumuluatively overwhelming sometimes.
  7. I.M. Fletcher

I.M. Fletcher Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I am sure you are being facetious, but to be clear, if he is charged with murders that predate his extension, the pats will have legal grounds to fight for the signing bonus.
  8. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

No, they found A car and A gun. That's a pretty big difference from what you're reporting above. Not sure about the witnesses, but if they had anything reliable they would have already charged him.
  9. patman12

patman12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

Did Ahern escape or get a weekend pass?

Link
  10. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +444 / 4 / -1

#95 Jersey

They are dropping 1 by 1. This guy must have serious ties
  11. PATS16N0

PATS16N0 Rookie

Ratings:
    +118 / 27 / -9

#12 Jersey

I know a birdie who may or may not be in a position where they would have complete knowledge of all the evidence against Hernandez, and despite the fact that he's probably guilty as hell, and this birdie agrees that's probably the case, this birdie also says the evidence is, over all, rather weak.