PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Oline maybee is a concern...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Listening to PFW in progress, Matt Light had another surgery on his leg, and has been on crutches about a month ago.. Not good ... Also heard Koppen is going thru a rough rehab... No wonder we are looking at Runyan ,Fabini, and others for the line... I see the oline will be a bigger focus on draft day..

Where are the Patriots getting their medical people from, Toys R Us????? The Light news is very discouraging to say the least.

BelichickFan said:
No it's not. The season starts on Sunday . . .

Oh CRAP! Do you think BB knows this?? Those idiots up in Foxborough are never prepared, they never think ahead, they never have a plan!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But Matt Light had a broken leg in Sept 05.. Not January , but now he has not 1 not 2 but 3 procedure's to eliviate some of the pain in his leg,plus circulation is rumored to be a problem....

Last edited:
Ochmed Jones said:
Where are the Patriots getting their medical people from, Toys R Us????? The Light news is very discouraging to say the least.

First off, you don't have a clue what's happening, so to make such dumb statements really brings nothing to the picture.

We have no idea why Light had a 3rd procedure nor what the 3rd procedure was. We don't know if it was an infection or what? If it was an infection, we don't know what caused it. It could have been caused by Light trying to push himself too hard in rehab. That happens ALOT.

The Patriots have access to some of the best doctors in the world. I actually went to their orthopedic surgeon for a consult on my knee back in 1999, but that is beside the point.

Last edited:
Sean Pa Patriot said:
But Matt Light had a broken leg in Sept 05.. Not January , but now he has not 1 not 2 but 3 procedure's to eliviate some of the pain in his leg,plus circulation is rumored to be a problem....

Is that what they said on PFW or is that you just adding your own 2 cents?

Listen to the show for yourself and judge for yourself, they did not go into detail,but they did mention he was on crutches a month ago, and had another procedure to his leg, which would make 3 surgeries in the last yr. The first when he broke the leg, the second in dec , and now this one..

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Listen to the show for yourself and judge for yourself, they did not go into detail,but they did mention he was on crutches a month ago, and had another procedure to his leg, which would make 3 surgeries in the last yr. The first when he broke the leg, the second in dec , and now this one..

Sean -
Just because he was on crutches a month ago doesn't mean anything. Especially if he had another procedure then. Being on crutches is only a 4 week thing. No big deal.

And no, him having another procedure (could have been to remove pins that they had put in) doesn't make me thing that things are going wrong.

Again, we don't know what happened. Without any details, speculation will only give you heartburn and make you worry needlessly.

Light's interrupted come-back in Dec. was reportedly due to "blood-pooling" in his leg. I commented at the time that this indicated a veinous problem which would support the current "circulatory problem" comment. Makes O-line more of a priority in the draft, especially since Ashworth hasn't been re-upped. While Fabini and Runyon have been in to visit, they haven't been overwhelmed with an offer,either.

jczxohn1 said:
Light's interrupted come-back in Dec. was reportedly due to "blood-pooling" in his leg. I commented at the time that this indicated a veinous problem which would support the current "circulatory problem" comment. Makes O-line more of a priority in the draft, especially since Ashworth hasn't been re-upped. While Fabini and Runyon have been in to visit, they haven't been overwhelmed with an offer,either.

The Cowboys signed Fabini to a 3-year deal.

The Jets are wining and dining Runyan.

Not so sure how great the demand is in FA for Patriots' linemen...

Our O-line style has always been something akin to the sum of the pieces versus any outstanding invididual talent -- something Dante S. has become rather well-known for.

The only notable O-line departures in recent memory are Damien Woody -- a Pro Bowler, by the league's definition -- and Joe Andruzzi, who left when the Patriots made plans to draft Mankins.

I've got to believe anyone looking at Neal, Ashworth has got to be thinking, "is this guy really that good, or is he a product of the system?"

I personally hope we get our guys back.

With opening day over 5 months away it's difficult to get too freaked out about Light. Sure, I wish he was running but his being on crutches 5-6 months before the season isn't my biggest concern right now.

Bunkum...

The coment that the Patriots are untruthful is far from reality. They are just not forthcoming about things they don't and can't know. They do muzzle their players from saying things that can then be misunderstood.

So when Light says something about his broken leg 5-6 months before the season doing fine, there is no reason to not believe him, as he is NOT seeking a new contract and is signed for several years.

I regard all this talk of drafting an OL high as pure bunkum from people who don't recognize the Patriots have already rebuilt thier OL LAST YEAR. Nor do they recognize the depth that Dante has created. I would stack Wesley Britt up against any linemen drafted this year from the third round onward as a ORT candidate. On the interior line, we have Hochstein a part time starter and player on two Superbowls and an adequate fill in for C this past season. Behind him are Ross Tucker a guy much like Hochstein as a swing starter, Mrucz and Yates.

And at best Britt would be a third stringer this year barring injury. We got him cheap after someone else drafted him with a broken leg he suffered at the end of his Senior year, and he didn't heal up fast enough to suit them. Otherwise he had 2nd-3rd round potential as an ORT; he is NOT and never was an OLT candidate, so he would never be a first rounder. the one psoition everyone seems to want to address is ORT even though Gorin is better as a run blocker than Ashworth, and was a Superbowl starter too,so haow bad can he be? Britt is the candidate to address that perceived "weakness" if Kayczur doesn't claim the job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back