PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Old Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdillon28

Rookie
Reaction score
I think the old gaurd feels threatened by the "youth and exuberance" of the "new posters" (technically I'm not a newbie, but what the hell I'll play along). I emplore all of us newbies to come together and make our voices known. Let the "Old Guard" know that even though we love our Patriots and it's leadership. We will not blindly go into the night. We will be opinionated and every now and again disagree with some of the moves the Pats make. We will not be dogs lead on a leash, but we will be those with opinions that cheerish good dialogue and great correspondence.
Let us live by the creed "In Bill we Trust, Sometimes".
Come join me in my quest to bring democracy to the Old Guard.
:eat3:

Last edited:
The irony of this post is that you were worried about the Pats getting rid of the "old guard".

PatsRI said:
The irony of this post is that you were worried about the Pats getting rid of the "old guard".

Hey stop trying to change the subject

what's a "gaurd"?

Willie55 said:
I think BSamson is back.
No way. None of this guy's posts are NEARLY long enough, and our old friend Bsam couldn't use the smilies to save his life. :snob:

Hold that thought. I'm going to get a beer and some popcorn.

Obviously a recent fan of the Patriots

Someone that can't compare the despair of years gone by with the minor perturbations that we are experiencing.

Take the time to revel in the excellence of our organization and don't sweat the small stuff. Someday Tom Brady will retire and Bill Belichick will retire and then you can get nervous and whine and complain.

Yeah, we all just pick on "newbies".

Obviously you never heard of NEM.

But it's obvious you have found your little theme for a crusade to gain notoriety.

cdillon28 said:
I think the old gaurd feels threatened by the "youth and exuberance" of the "new posters" (technically I'm not a newbie, but what the hell I'll play along). I emplore all of us newbies to come together and make our voices known. Let the "Old Guard" know that even though we love our Patriots and it's leadership. We will not blindly go into the night. We will be opinionated and every now and again disagree with some of the moves the Pats make. We will not be dogs lead on a leash, but we will be those with opinions that cheerish good dialogue and great correspondence.

It's alright pal, at one time we all mistook "shortsightedness and ignorance" for "youth and exberance". It'll all make sense one day.

"perturbations"

heh....God, I love the net

JJDChE said:
It's alright pal, at one time we all mistook "shortsightedness and ignorance" for "youth and exberance". It'll all make sense one day.
Reminds me of my favorite Mark Twain quote "When I was fourteen I was appalled by how ignorant my father was; when I was twenty-one, I was amazed at how much he had learned in the last seven years." :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I ....love lamp.

PatsRI said:

He flatters himself by thinking the longstanding members of this little board community are threatened by his exuberance. The true irony is he fails to comprehend that it might just be the intelligence of this existing community regardless of age or ideology is merely offended or annoyed by his arrogance and ignorance - not to mention his spelling. :rolleyes:

And he keeps trying to inject political teminology into his argument - now equating his views with democracy while attempting to instigate some unhappy ego driven minority opinion coup. :rofl:

He thoroughly fails to appreciate that while most of us came here only to express our opinions we stayed because of the expanded perspective and knowledge we gained about this team and the league and the game in large part after we arrived here. This board, unlike so many others, is as much a resource as an outlet. Hopefully it will remain that way long after many of our exuberant new members either get it or tire of failing to carry the day with mere opinions. :D

cdillon28 said:

Cdillon - Its pretty amazing how you just blatantly lie. You can be opinionated all you want. You have your Freedom of Speech. But with that Freedom of Speech comes the consequences of using that Freedom.

In other words, go ahead, run your mouth and make yourself look ignorant and stupid. The "OLD GUARD" clearly has a better understanding of the comings and goings of the Patriots and are trying to educate you. You just seem to be clueless and not want to listen when facts are used.

If you want good dialogue and great correspondence, you need to make sure you have your facts in order and a good understanding of the over-all picture. If you insist on being ignorant, you better expect others to come down on idiotic posts that clearly show that ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back