PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Who's Up & Who's Down Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should, wasn't it around a 7am local time start? :D

Indeed. I watched the game on NFLN from 11-2 and stayed up the entire time.

I am so excited to see JE and WW play at the same time. How can it be covered with Moss and maybe Tate and/or TEs in there?

The JEWW formation! Did I just make that up? I think I did.

The JEWW formation! Did I just make that up? I think I did.

Superb!

Hoping to catch the game at a later date. Anyone know if it is online?

Last edited:
Gronk lined up next to Vollmer pushed the Saints defender back 8 yards on BJGE's TD run...just as impressive the second time I saw it

The Gronk also looked like a big part of Maroney's 5-yd TD run... they had a cluster of Saints defenders practically running backwards.

Also, the quick pass to Edelman... where he did that little Welker shift that made the DB miss, and then took of for 20+ yards... awesome.

Thanks to all. :rocker:

up Gerard Warren, Edelman, Spikes,

down Myron Pryor, Wheatley, Larsen,

A major up to me was Edelman!

He is some insanely quick feet! He is going to p**s off some defenders this season :)

Extra Credit Down...

Offenses for the Raiders and Panthers (AKA, high 2011 draft picks)...both looked pretty inept. While their defenses looked fine, can't see them scoring enough to put too many wins on the board.

Just watched the highlights of both games - the Raiders are junk, but Jason Campbell might be a success so long as they stay to the underneath stuff and almost adopt a Pats-like philosophy of death by a thousand cuts. They have a terrific set of RB's - use them as much as possible and the passing game could or even should open up.

As for the Panthers, I honestly think the worst thing for us is Clausen winning the starting job. He had an INT last night, but he looked very good bar that, and if that run game stays strong, he'll have time to bed in, learn, and really hook up with Smith and LaFell. Watch out for David Gettis for the Panthers by the way, he's a recent convert to the game from being a track-star, but he has vast potential a la Jimmy Graham.

how could the raider offense actually be down?

dig they dig a well?

:rofl:

Down...O-Line backups and PS fodder. Guys were getting knocked over and down in the pile on the 2nd Maroney TD way too easily.

Down...Butler. Penalty and bad tackling on the Bush rushing TD. While nothing would stop Bush on the play, he still should have had a better effort trying to stop him.

Up...the rookie TEs. Both looked like they were game ready. Gronk blocked well leading the charge on the first two TDs.

Brandon Spikes, who was projected as a first round pick in 2009, may turn out to be the steal of the entire draft. And, is it possible that he could be defensive rookie of the year?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.....he played awesome last night and looks like the real deal....but alot of games to be played before talking DROY......GO PATS!

I know people love Spikes but I thought McCourty was the best rookie out there, by far. He wasn't a sexy pick but the guy looks like a stud.

Wilhite, IMO,is a touchdown by the opposition waiting to happen.

When the other team throws a deep ball and you're watching on tv and you are trying to figure out who has coverage...you get that "Oh $h!t, it's Whilhite feeling"...

When the other team throws a deep ball and you're watching on tv and you are trying to figure out who has coverage...you get that "Oh $h!t, it's Whilhite feeling"...

Have to agree, but I did like the hit he put on one of the receivers!

Connolly did OK pass blocking, not so well run blocking, although he did pull to the right well on a couple of power plays, not so much straight ahead. Mankins will be missed running to the left. Right side run blocking much improved with Vollmer, Neal and Gronk. All in all, they didn't suck.

Really? I thought he did pretty good in run blocking and didn't notice him much in pass blocking. All in all, the latter could be a good thing but I have to watch the game a second time to make a real decision. To me, he stood out in run blocking.

Anyone else think BJGE's days are numbered? I think the RB depth chart from bottom to top is the exact reverse of the depth chart. 1.) Taylor 2.) Maroney 3.) Faulk 4.) Morris 5.) BJGE

I'm not sure it makes sense to have Faulk on this list since what he does is a lot different then the rest of them.

I think there is a better chance that Taylor or Morris get cut or fall to a long term injury then BJGE gets cut. He's no Gayle Sayers, but guys that know the system, work hard, get paid little, and are glad to be here are fairly valued in the world of BB.

Too funny.

Wilhite is a great down field tackler though - after the WR has made the catch. If you dont mind a CB that gives up huge plays, JW certainly is your guy.

How about an up for Brady and Moss? Both as a combo and individually, seemed pretty smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back