PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Whine about MNF Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I just want to say that I hate MNF. I hate it more when the Patriots are playing. Have to wait a entire day for football, I hate that. Starts late and ends late and the next day and I'm tired as hell trying to work, I hate that.

I also hate the crew that they have on there. Cornhead brings nothing but attempts to be funny which he misses 90% of the time. Jaws is kinda OK, and I can't even remember who the other bonehead is.

I want my Patriots football on Sunday afternoon at 1PM or my preferred time 4PM.

And by the way, I hate Sunday Night Football too. I"ll be back in a few weeks to really whine about the NFLN game.

th_crying_baby_index-thumb__60x40.jpg

OK, I just want to say that I hate MNF. I hate it more when the Patriots are playing. Have to wait a entire day for football, I hate that. Starts late and ends late and the next day and I'm tired as hell trying to work, I hate that.

I also hate the crew that they have on there. Cornhead brings nothing but attempts to be funny which he misses 90% of the time. Jaws is kinda OK, and I can't even remember who the other bonehead is.

I want my Patriots football on Sunday afternoon at 1PM or my preferred time 4PM.

And by the way, I hate Sunday Night Football too. I"ll be back in a few weeks to really whine about the NFLN game.

I miss Monday Night Football.
The current version is the ESPN blue collar comedy tour.

I am with you PN...and I am one hour ahead of you so i normally don't get to bed till 1 or 2...after the wind-down..

..not cool. I like the 1:00pm games the best....

I love watching football, no matter what the channel, and as much as I find announcers sometimes annoying or less informed than I am, I think there's a TREMENDOUS amount of *****ing, far too much for my taste.

Watch the game, enjoy the telecast and hope we win.

And just wait for Shula and all the fun (and fresh) asterisk talk...:rolleyes:

I love watching football, no matter what the channel, and as much as I find announcers sometimes annoying or less informed than I am, I think there's a TREMENDOUS amount of *****ing, far too much for my taste.

Watch the game, enjoy the telecast and hope we win.

Tonight, I think I might Mute the espn crew and tune into Geno and Gil.
Do they have an internet station?

You need to move to the Mountain Time Zone. The game starts at 6:30 here. In bed at the latest by 10:30-11pm.

I don't know how I used to do it when I lived back east.

I'm moving back East in several months and the biggest thing I'll miss about Pacific Time is the sports results. Tonight I begin watching the game around 5:30 PM.

It's definitely hard to wait an extra day to see the Patriots play. But the NFL is a moneymaking industry. It can't be helped that the Patriots help ratings so much, that they have become a desirable Monday Night team.

Imagine how it is for the rest of us fans of other teams. "Oh boy, I get to see the Pats blow out and dominate another hapless team(even though that didn't happen last time)." The one game of the Pats I wanted to see, Pats- Steelers, didn't get flexed. The Bills game was way better obviously.

Just out of curiosity what is the record for most consecutive late night games in a row. Pats must be making history here

I think Bill Belichick made the real point for me. He was asked if he was going to watch the Cowboys-Bills game on Monday Night Football and he said no, you can't tell anything from the TV presentation.

If the TV networks don't show the game well enough for a coach to derive useful information then it's not surprising that they fill it with lame jokes, plugs for up-coming TV programmes, embarrassing staged arguments, visits by supposed celebrities to plug their up-coming programmes and movies, inane sideline "human interest" stories (where are you now, Joe Namath, now that we need you most?) and the rest. I normally mute the sound but, since it's the Pats, I can't do that.

Fortunately, watching the Patriots makes me smile no matter what. :)

I love anytime the Pats are in primetime because its the only time I can see them on TV.

Woo Hoo!

The wait sucks, but once the game is on I love it.

Night games always have a more prestige feel to them, and the only negative to them is the wait for me.

The one game of the Pats I wanted to see, Pats- Steelers, didn't get flexed. The Bills game was way better obviously.

I am almost positive that CBS used one of it protected games as the Pats-Steelers so that would freeze it from flexing. and given the choices they had to flex a Pats game eho would you choose Bills, Jets, Dolphins? i thikn the shoice is obvious

I think Bill Belichick made the real point for me. He was asked if he was going to watch the Cowboys-Bills game on Monday Night Football and he said no, you can't tell anything from the TV presentation.
Shows how little he knows. We can tell who is playing well and how isn't, who is a bust and who we should sign and who we should cut by watching the TV view of the game. Of course, we are aided by stat sheets, Sports Center and NFL Live.

Anyone see Merril Hoge and the NFL Primetime guys just go over how Randy's been slacking again? Heh.

Since ESPN has been talking about it all week, I'm certain it's gotten back to Randy. :D

MNF is like going out with the village slut. It's good when it's going on, but you wish there was another alternative.
That's what I've been told. No first hand experience.:cool:

I hate the in-game interviews but at least Shula has something to do with the NFL.

I was expecting them to interview the next host of their new reality TV show or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes