PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official When Will Glass Maroney Score a TD Thread. Post guesses here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you havent read very far back in this thread. Most of the fans in here have kept it clean. And that benign little Tommy Vardell comment was obviously some fairly relaxed sarcasm on about the level of a pillow fight. Dont start with the weak-minded stuff, man. This thread has been ridiculous enough as it is.

Kept it clean? I haven't called anyone a "douchebag", a "moron", or an "idiot" like I've been called. I don't care though because I'm a big boy and it doesn't faze me whatsoever. I find it funny how people say I am the classless jerk in this thread even though the only things I've said is Glass has not lived upto his 1st rd status and that there are a lot of "homers" on this forum who can't admit it or don't see it. Period.

Umm, what is your point? My whole beef is with Glass Maroney. Not BB, Pioli, or anyone else. My disgust is with the fragility of Glass and his undwerwhelming overall performance thus far after being picked #22 in the draft.

and that tells the whole sad story

'beef with glass maroney'

'disgust'

'fragility of glass'

'underwhelming performance'

you are being neither reasonable nor objective, and yet you expect people to respect your views

The bottom line is the guy's still healthy and taking the field each week. You ask me what I expect out of my back? I expect him to play when called upon and help my team win. And Sunday, he'll once again suit up for an undefeated team. I dont care if he was taken 22nd overall, or 2nd overall like Ronnie Brown. Who would anyone rather have right now? A top 5 pick like Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams or Ronnie Brown. Or our guy Maroney? The guy carrying the ball for an undefeated team. That's kindof a no brainer.

Kept it clean? I haven't called anyone a "douchebag", a "moron", or an "idiot" like I've been called. I don't care though because I'm a big boy and it doesn't faze me whatsoever. I find it funny how people say I am the classless jerk in this thread even though the only things I've said is Glass has not lived upto his 1st rd status and that there are a lot of "homers" on this forum who can't admit it or don't see it. Period.

ah yes...the victim routine...you poor poor boy...

and that tells the whole sad story

'beef with glass maroney'

'disgust'

'fragility of glass'

'underwhelming performance'

you are being neither reasonable nor objective, and yet you expect people to respect your views

Dude, are you Glass? If so, tell me why YOU can't find the end zone? Please. I mean you people are acting like I'm calling the pope a fraud or something. All I am saying is our high-paid, 1st rd running back is fragile, can't find the end zone, and has been unable to live upto his 1st rd draft status. End of story. It's really not even debateable. What the hell has Glass done that is so special? I mean, really? Do any of you see any difference between him and Sammy Morris???? If you do, please fill me in. If nobody here would say Sammy Morris is a top-15 back in this league, than why the hell is Glass a top-15 back??? The only thing Glass defenders have going for them is to say he was a 1st Rd pick and that alone proves he is good. BS. He has not played like a 1st rd pick and I for one want him to start playing like one. True, bonafide stud running backs in this league find the end zone from ANYWHERE on the field. Don't give me this BS that Glass doesn't get to run the ball inside the 5 because elite running backs run it into the end zone from beyond the 10 too. Glass doesn't get the ball inside the 10 for one of two reasons. Either A) Belichick doesn't think he is as good as Heath Evans, Kevin Faulk, and Sammy Morris inside the 10 and/or B) Belichick thinks he will get hurt. There is no other reasonable explanation. I guarantee you that LT, Larry Johnson, Brandon Jacobs, or a dozen other starting running backs wouldn't be on the sideline inside the 5 if they played on this team.

Last edited:
ah yes...the victim routine...you poor poor boy...

Victim? I'm not the one crying in this thread about being called names. A lot of these other cryabies are. I don't give a sh*t what people call me. I find it funny how everyone gets upset because I call Maroney exactly what he is. GLASS.

No, you also used BS claims to support your arguements, which I called out. It's funny you never responded to that by the way.

Also, you're skipping over someone calling you out like that is a clear sign of trolling, as there's no sense in bothering with something that hurts your agenda.

No, you also used BS claims to support your arguements, which I called out. It's funny you never responded to that by the way.

Also, you're skipping over someone calling you out like that is a clear sign of trolling, as there's no sense in bothering with something that hurts your agenda.

As posted by another poster in another thread about Maroney:

In 2007
Carries on 3rd down=3...resulting 1st downs=0
Carries inside the 10=10...resulting in 1 1st down, 0 TDs
Longest run=19 yards
Receptions=2
TDs=0

Now, tell me, is that ELITE? Is that SPECIAL? Is that a player that is worthy of being the #22 player in the draft? PLEASE. The guy does NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that is SPECIAL. Absolutely NOTHING.

Last edited:

In 2007
Longest run=19 yards
Receptions=2
TDs=0

Now, tell me, is that ELITE? Is that SPECIAL? Is that a player that is worthy of being the #22 player in the draft? PLEASE. The guy does NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that is SPECIAL. Absolutely NOTHING.

No. I'll tell you who does NOTHING SPECIAL. The knucklehead who wrote this crap.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=66167

Youre weak, guy. Your act is weak and tired.

Last edited:

In 2007
Longest run=19 yards
Receptions=2
TDs=0

Can we just agree that you're an idiot? It would give us good a good common ground for future arguments.

I'd love to see just how many guys who call the kid glass would actualy hold their own suited up in the NFL.

Probrably be eaten alive.

Dwight Freeney is a piece of fine china

discuss.....

Once again, totally ignore the facts that I posted about GLASS.
No, you're ignoring the facts. Go back through this thread and look at the statistics people posted for you and refute them. If you can't do that, shut the f up about facts. Anybody can use the word facts, it's much harder to use the actual facts, and that's where you're falling flat.

In 2007
Longest run=19 yards
Receptions=2
TDs=0

Who in this thread is debating that he is elite? Who is trying to rank his as one of the best 3-4 RBs in the NFL?

People are defending him as far as being weak and useless. You claim you think he's "good, not great," then rip the guy like there's no tomorrow.

I'd like to see him do better. I'd like to see him have a bigger impact. However, we could do much worse. That's all people are saying. You're bashing the guy like you have a vendeta and anyone who goes against it is just a blind homer.

As for Sammy Morris did a fine job in his place. Don't ignore though that his two 100 yard games came against teams that rank 27th and 28th in the NFL in rush defense.

Overall, I think people just find it ridiculous that you're ripping on a RB in the middle of his second season, coming off an injury, for not scoring enough TDs while playing in an offense that is producing some of the best passing numbers the NFL has ever seen. I mentioned earlier in this thread that the team has 4 meaningful rushing TDs scored by RBs. It isn't as if we're a grind-it-out football team and every back is scoring twice a game except for Maroney. No one is getting a lot of chances for the endzone. Quit ignoring that.

Funny, but is Michael Felger wrong too? Is he ripping on Glass unfairly too? He just said on Fox Sports Tonight that Maroney's lack of big plays has been dissapointing. He said he has 89 carries and a long gain of only 19 with ZERO touchdowns. So, again, I'm not the only guy that watches this team and finds Glass dissapointing. However, I'm sure all the homers and Glass rumpswabs will dismiss Fleger too because, god forbid, he doesn't worship every move the Pats make and player that wears the Pats jersey.

Last edited:
Funny, but is Michael Felger wrong too? Is he ripping on Glass unfairly too? He just said on Fox Sports Tonight that Maroney's lack of big plays has been dissapointing. He said he has 89 carries and a long gain of only 19 with ZERO touchdowns. So, again, I'm not the only guy that watches this team and finds Glass dissapointing. However, I'm sure all the homers and Glass rumpswabs will dismiss Fleger too because, god forbid, he doesn't worship every move the Pats make and player that wears the Pats jersey.

You know what else he said, you dumb****? Belichick feels the best statistic to look at when evaluating a running game is...

YARDS PER CARRY.

Felger is a moron for trying to peg the 4.1 team ypc on Maroney when he is averaging 4.7 yards every time he touches it.

Just like you.

Felger is an acknowleged cretin, albeit one with a smokin' hot wife. Here's a much needed clue, don't cite pretty boy but somewhat slow Felger as a source for any arguement.

Now as to the title of this thread, Maroney scores a TD against the Bills.

Dwight Freeney's injury is even more disappointing...the Colts really rely on this piece of glass to anchor their defense, along with that other piece of tafetta, Sanders. In comparison, the Maroney brouhaha pales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back