PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "Were only 2-2" ***** and whine thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: The Official "Were only 2-2" ***** and whine thread.

I don't like that the Pats D gave up 4 TD passes in this game.

Without the turnovers and missed FGs, we're looking at 64-72 points scored to 14 allowed.

52-28 is a historic win my ass. It should have been 72-14. Even then, that wouldn't be a statement. It was the Bills. I'm only going to be impressed if we can hang 70 on Houston's D. Then, and only then, will I think about being impressed.

Pats are fine. They have a lot to improve on but when this defense/offense is clicking they're the best team in football.

Reading the game thread yesterday was awful. 90% of this board should be embarrassed with themselves. Throwing in the towel before half-time, already proclaiming the Pats are 1-3, how they're an average team, seasons over, blah blah blah. Absolutely pathetic.

Thankfully there were a couple TRUE fans watching the game, but they were few and far between.

Patriots had a nice win on the road against a mediocre Buffalo team.
The overreaction to this win is what's hilarious.
This thread is a prime example. Beyond lame!! :rolleyes:

images

It's great to be in the win column again. When I woke up yesterday morning, it had been three full weeks since I had last witnessed a Patriots victory.

The whole balance of power shifted in the AFC East when we let Buffalo get Mark Anderson.

Well I have a gripe. My daughter’s school chum scheduled a party on Sunday and I wound up drawing the short straw and was the attending parent. So, instead of watching the game I took my 6 year old daughter to a birthday party at Chunky’s, where I was subjected to a bad Adam Sandler vampire cartoon.

I had my cell and planned to at least get updates, and of course my charger was not all the way plugged in the night before and I had only a few lines of battery left. My phone died right after the Bills went up 21 – 7. So thanks to the Pats and their uneven score distribution they ruined my viewing of a crappy Adam Sandler cartoon.

To make matters worse I think my daughter enjoyed the movie…She might not be ivy league material after all; looks like University of Illinois!

Yo. One dad to another. Umpteen years from now, when your daughter is a student at a school somewhere between Harvard and the U of Illinois, you might actually remember on a cool September Sunday afternoon how you were able to spend time with her yesterday and she might actually remember that you did it (at six, she's still young enough to actually LIKE it when a parent is with her)...on the other hand, yesterday's game will just be one more beatdown of the Bills during the B and B era.

Enjoy life. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Patriots had a nice win on the road against a mediocre Buffalo team.
The overreaction to this win is what's hilarious.
This thread is a prime example. Beyond lame!! :rolleyes:

I see that humor impairment is not a criterion for keeping people off this board.

Was upset we didn't take a shot at the endzone at the end of the second. FIRE EVERYONE!

And they settled for a FG when up 49 to whatever!!!!

Pats are fine. They have a lot to improve on but when this defense/offense is clicking they're the best team in football.

Reading the game thread yesterday was awful. 90% of this board should be embarrassed with themselves. Throwing in the towel before half-time, already proclaiming the Pats are 1-3, how they're an average team, seasons over, blah blah blah. Absolutely pathetic.

Thankfully there were a couple TRUE fans watching the game, but they were few and far between.

Let's see...February 2009 Join Date...600 posts...um...you mean yesterday was the first time you noticed that?

PatsFanForum Rule Number One: a material portion of our posters think that not only the Pats but the entire NFL commenced operations on September 23, 2001. So, when it looks like the Pats might actually be a normal NFL team that plays through rocky quarters, games and, even seasons, they feel betrayed and express that feeling in the ways you observed. They all seem to forget about it the next day and pledge unbroken allegiance once again to "their" team.

You kind of have to live with it or stop visiting the Board, because, I guarantee you, if Peyton puts up a couple of scores and they fall behind Denver next week, it will start all over again.

I think it is annoying both ways, people who ignore everything bad and shoot down any complaints are just as bad.

One thing that pops out to me, we lead the NFL in yards and points, +14 ypg over the 2nd best, +2 ppg over the 2nd best, yet we are 500, on pace for 8-8.

The defense is SOFT, and I said it before I read those numbers this morning, crazy thing is though, if we had a decent kicker we would be 3-1.

Let's see...February 2009 Join Date...600 posts...um...you mean yesterday was the first time you noticed that?

PatsFanForum Rule Number One: a material portion of our posters think that not only the Pats but the entire NFL commenced operations on September 23, 2001. So, when it looks like the Pats might actually be a normal NFL team that plays through rocky quarters, games and, even seasons, they feel betrayed and express that feeling in the ways you observed. They all seem to forget about it the next day and pledge unbroken allegiance once again to "their" team.

You kind of have to live with it or stop visiting the Board, because, I guarantee you, if Peyton puts up a couple of scores and they fall behind Denver next week, it will start all over again.

True the game threads always have these posts but I don't think its fair to say we should have low expectations, this isn't 1974, we have Bill and Brady and I think expectations should be high, we have underperformed in some handful of important games the past 5 years. You have to look at the current situation, pre 2001 Pats were not nearly as fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back