PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Week Two Rob Gronkowski Worship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
And we will begin our sermon today with a bold question for discussion. Does Gronkowski make as big an impact on the offense as Randy Moss did?

And we will begin our sermon today with a bold question for discussion. Does Gronkowski make as big an impact on the offense as Randy Moss did?
This is kind of like asking if your carburetor is as impactful as your brake system on your car's performance. The skill sets are too different: you can compare Moss with Ocho, but not with Gronk.

That said, I think there's one way in which they're very similar: enormous red zone targets that can very athletically reach balls that defenders just can't reach. However, I wouldn't expect Gronk to be able to burn a defender in the same way that '07 Moss could.

Apples and oranges. However, I am kneeling and worshiping regardless.

:youtheman:

This is kind of like asking if your carburetor is as impactful as your brake system on your car's performance. The skill sets are too different: you can compare Moss with Ocho, but not with Gronk.

That said, I think there's one way in which they're very similar: enormous red zone targets that can very athletically reach balls that defenders just can't reach. However, I wouldn't expect Gronk to be able to burn a defender in the same way that '07 Moss could.

Question should be clarified. Does Gronkowski open up the offense the same way Moss did? By lining him up, the opposition has a complete nightmare matchup; they often can't even stop Gronk with double teams. Additionally, the Patriots might run the ball with Gronk on the line. Seems quite similar to Moss' impact.

I was looking at TE numbers this morning and was surprised by a few things.

Yards
Gronk 172 (3rd)
Hernandez 165(4th)

TD
Gronk 3 (1st tied)
Hernandez 2 (3rd tied)

Receptions
Gronk 10 (tied for 6th)
Hernandez 14 (1st)

Gronk 17.2 YPR (4th with at least 5 catches)
Hernandez 11.8 (14th with at least 5 catches)

Gronk 2.9 YAC
Hernandez 2.9 YAC

The last section is what I found pretty interesting. First I would have thought both guys had better YAC than that but I believe all of their TDs were caught in the end zone so that affects the numbers. Interestingly though Gronk is over 5 yards per reception better with the same YAC. I wouldn't have guessed that. Also they have the same long reception of 30 yards so it's not like Gronk has some 70 yard bomb throwing the sample off.

Last season Gronk was 13.0 with a 4.9 YAC and Hernandez 12.5 with a 6.7 YAC.

Only two game but interesting nonetheless and you have to wonder if this is the evolution of the position for the Pats where they are using them down the field more.

Good thing you started this thread because... Rob Gronkowski not going to do it.

I believe Buddha himself has a Gronk statue that he worships.

If only Glass Hernandez can stay healthy, he will school the Gronks how to catch and run and score TDs ;)

Oh my, what the hell did I do, I was not thinking when I wrote this and now can't hide anywhere, Gronks will make this universe pay for my mistake , unless I do this a million times...

oh gronks,

:youtheman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey